PDA

View Full Version : General Leo or General Beatrix?

Forsaken Lover
03-19-2016, 12:48 AM
I never did finish FFVI but I got the vague feeling these two are pretty similar. Kinda the same role as the Noble Demon who works for the Evil Empire but isn't a bad person themselves.

Thinking like that, I guess Cecil also fits...but he literally leaves the evil empire five minutes into the game and he's the main character, not an antagonist.

Still, who do you like more and why? A lot of people liked Leo, I've gathered.

Rez09
03-19-2016, 01:45 AM
Leo is kind of an empty character, really. He isn't seen in the game often and serves mostly as a (nigh completely unused) juxtaposition to Kefka. His conversation with Terra on the boat is appreciable enough, but that's all he's got.

Conversely, while I don't have strong memories of Beatrix (or most characters in 9, really), she is more present in the game, and her and Steiner fighting together in Alexandria was a pretty cool moment, so I prefer her.

Mirage
03-19-2016, 02:12 AM
General Leotrix

Saber
03-19-2016, 04:35 AM
I liked General Leo and was shocked at his death. Here is a man who was on the wrong side but stood up and did what he could to redeem himself. He really isn't that bad of a guy but he is short lived.

Beatrix has a much better adventure and isn't killed off. I like she is totally bad ass in story but when you use her she is just a little bit stronger then you other characters.

I vote Beatrix.

Psychotic
03-19-2016, 12:11 PM
Yeah, Beatrix is a more rounded and developed character. Nothing against Leo though.

Shiva95
03-19-2016, 01:19 PM
I like General Leo, but we don't see him as much as we see Beatrix, and her character developed more than his (and she has more time to do it, of course). So I'll go with Beatrix.

Wolf Kanno
03-21-2016, 12:26 AM
In terms of personality, Beatrix has a little more going for her. Though I feel that Leo works a bit better since his character is more symbolic than anything, whereas Beatrix is pretty menacing until her Face Heel Turn. I kind of wish the writers had done more with both of them as I felt like Leo was a really interesting character and Beatrix could easily have had a larger role if she hadn't been written out of the plot after Alexandria gets destroyed.

Impact-wise, I felt that Leo was better because you almost think you're about to get this cool character in your party and then he's unceremoniously killed less than a minute after you control him. Considering Revive Leo rumors had existed long before Aerith took that spotlight away from him is still a testament to how cool he was.

starlet
03-21-2016, 03:32 AM
General Beatrix is my senpai :3: