PDA

View Full Version : I've forgotten how I beat Neo Exdeath (facepalm)

Midgar Mist
03-20-2016, 08:05 AM
Okay so, I've forgotten how I played it on my first playthrough, but however I'm playing it now is not helping me beat this thing.

Basically he's like FF9's Necron....only harder.

I have two Ribbons (putting two characters on Bare/Freelancer for this, the other two are Samurai and Blue Mage)

I've tried but...

How the f**k do I win this?

Sephiroth
03-20-2016, 11:24 AM
Get Time Magic like Hastega
Get White Magic to cure
Use Mimes
Use the Blue Magic Mighty Guard (gotten from Stingrays)
Get Gil Toss
Use 1 Summoner that summons Bahamut which can be mimed
Have some items with you in case something happens

I defeated him like that with an averaáge level of 36.

Midgar Mist
03-20-2016, 04:48 PM
Haven't got all this. May have to go back out. Will do it.....after an FF5 break.

Karifean
03-20-2016, 07:29 PM
IIRC I'd already made sure to have a few jobs mastered at this point so I just casually crushed him with Freelancers.

Sefie1999AD
03-22-2016, 01:25 AM
Cast Hastega, Mighty Guard and Golem, then just use Bahamut and Gil Toss until he's dead, healing when needed.

Galuf
03-22-2016, 01:32 AM
Cast Hastega, Mighty Guard and Golem, then just use Bahamut and Gil Toss until he's dead, healing when needed.

Dunno if this affects your strategy much but i believe Midgar didnt get Golem.

i just used X-magic Bahamut Mimic. only 1 or 2 people need to have summon. while another can be a WM. Though it isnt flawless, as the grind for those abilities is pretty long, and if something screws up, or you dont apply Shell. then Almaghest will kill. but um yeah. many different tactics

Sefie1999AD
03-22-2016, 02:16 AM
Dunno if this affects your strategy much but i believe Midgar didnt get Golem.

It basically means Neo-Ex will do more damage with physical attacks, so Midgar Mist might want to switch every character to the back row. :)

Midgar Mist
03-22-2016, 10:31 AM
So...I BEAT HIM! It took me ages cos I'm still a bit of a noice. But I got to see the ending for a second time! Now I'm much clearer on the story!

And to celebrate, I'm changing my profile pic to Krile!

Galuf
03-22-2016, 11:21 AM
So...I BEAT HIM! It took me ages cos I'm still a bit of a noice. But I got to see the ending for a second time! Now I'm much clearer on the story!

And to celebrate, I'm changing my profile pic to Krile!

uh oh... does that mean i'll have to change to Rikku soon!?!

Midgar Mist
03-23-2016, 02:44 AM
Only if you feel like it sweetie. You don't have to change it cos I did :-)

Galuf
03-23-2016, 03:23 AM
phew. i'll change it to Auron. or maybe not. who knows

Midgar Mist
03-23-2016, 05:35 AM
But....keep Quina on your profile somewhere hun. Its lovely that drawing :-). Just a suggestion.

Galuf
03-23-2016, 11:36 AM
But....keep Quina on your profile somewhere hun. Its lovely that drawing :-). Just a suggestion.

Dw i'll keep Quina as my profile pic. i shall NOT disrespect Starlets hard work.