PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

AisuMuffin
03-20-2016, 03:47 PM
Hello everyone, Long time Final Fantasy fan here looking for a new community. My name is Dave and I'm currently replaying through the entire main series with a friend, it's his first time through any of the games and it's been really interesting to share a series of games I enjoyed so much when I was younger to a friend and seeing how they react to everything and their opinions on them and how they compare to my own.

It's sort of rekindled my love for the series and reminded me why I love these games so much.

Psychotic
03-20-2016, 03:56 PM
Hello Dave! Can I call you Dave? Welcome to the forum!

Formalhaut
03-20-2016, 04:05 PM
Nice to welcome you! I'm Formalhaut, but virtually everyone calls me Formy, so call me whatever. :monster:

You'll be pleased to know we have a wealth of opinion on the forum. We have members who wouldn't touch FFXIII with a barge pole, members who would, and members who want to see Barret undress from his sailor suit.

What's your avatar from? It seems quirky.

Bubba
03-20-2016, 07:55 PM
Welcome Dave!

Don't play FFII. I'm trying to level up magic and I've spent the same amount of time raising my seven-month-old child.

Bri
03-20-2016, 09:21 PM
Welcome aboard Dave!! Have fun!

Pike
03-20-2016, 10:13 PM
Welcome to EoFF! :jess:

Looks like Chrono Trigger to me!

Don't play FFII. I'm trying to level up magic and I've spent the same amount of time raising my seven-month-old child.

Don't listen to him, FFII is great :colbert:

Midgar Mist
03-21-2016, 04:31 AM
Hello everyone, Long time Final Fantasy fan here looking for a new community. My name is Dave and I'm currently replaying through the entire main series with a friend, it's his first time through any of the games and it's been really interesting to share a series of games I enjoyed so much when I was younger to a friend and seeing how they react to everything and their opinions on them and how they compare to my own.

It's sort of rekindled my love for the series and reminded me why I love these games so much.

If you want to you can stream it (if you can). Show us an FF Marathon! Im really up for seeing one!
And welcome :-)

FFNut
03-21-2016, 05:17 AM
Welcome Dave! I too am Dave or the form calls me Nutty. Welcome to the form. I am currently replaying Final Fantasy VI and remembering why the game was so great... And wondering how I was so blind when I played it as a child over very obvious plot holes:( Enjoy your time here and post lots!

AisuMuffin
03-21-2016, 06:27 AM
Nice to welcome you! I'm Formalhaut, but virtually everyone calls me Formy, so call me whatever. :monster:

You'll be pleased to know we have a wealth of opinion on the forum. We have members who wouldn't touch FFXIII with a barge pole, members who would, and members who want to see Barret undress from his sailor suit.

I like seeing a variety of different views and it's actually one of my favorite things about the series, since a lot of the installments are so radically different and everyone wants different things out of the games it sparks a lot of interesting discussion.

My avatar is indeed Lucca from Chrono Trigger, which I felt was a pretty apt avatar for me because she's my absolute favorite character from any game. (She's just too darn cute!)

Welcome Dave!

We're currently already on 7 actually! We've played 1,2,4,5,6. 3 we couldn't play because my friend had a hard time getting it to run, but we'll revisit it when we can.

I don't mind FF2's leveling system all that much mostly because the enemies never really scale that hard and the game is always pretty easy if you do just a little bit of preliminary leveling up at the start of the game.

Leveling spells up for Ultima is absolutely atrocious though.

If you want to you can stream it (if you can). Show us an FF Marathon! Im really up for seeing one!
And welcome :-)

I'm considering writing a few blog posts since I've noticed that you folks have a system for it in place, I'd write about the games in short and how it felt to play them and what my friend thought of them as we clear them.

Vermachtnis
03-21-2016, 09:42 AM
Heya Dave. You have a Chrono Trigger avatar, that makes you awesome in my book.

Night Fury
03-21-2016, 01:04 PM
Yo Dave!

Welcome to Eyes on Final Fantasy. We're all nerds here.