PDA

View Full Version : The Galuf Apreciation Thread ****SPOILER WARNING*******

Midgar Mist
03-24-2016, 01:18 PM
Lets talk about what a wonderful man, King and Grandpa he is :shobon:

He made the ultimate sacrifice, and saved his granddaughter Krile from a painful death.

You own detailed thoughts please.......

Fynn
03-24-2016, 01:21 PM
Galuf's the daddy of the team

http://i.imgur.com/C2qIWcc.jpg

... What?

Galuf
03-24-2016, 02:07 PM
Awwww thanks for Apreciation :blush:

Jinx
03-24-2016, 02:20 PM
he's my 3rd favorite scot

Midgar Mist
03-24-2016, 02:35 PM
Awwww thanks for Apreciation :blush:

Thought you'd like it sweetie :-)

maybee
03-24-2016, 10:54 PM
Galuf is great ! TBH I cried more over his death than over a certain Flower Girl.

Midgar Mist
03-25-2016, 04:29 PM
Really? A certain flower girls death seemed more tragic because she was cut off in her prime and it was so sudden. Galuf's death is more meaningful and has more logic to it. But still sad of course.

Galuf
03-25-2016, 04:42 PM
Really? A certain flower girls death seemed more tragic because she was cut off in her prime and it was so sudden. Galuf's death is more meaningful and has more logic to it. But still sad of course.

Things affect people differently. i also found galufs sadder because it wasnt -everywhere- on the internet

Midgar Mist
03-25-2016, 08:29 PM
I didn't know about the FF7 thing. I first played that bit in 2001/2 I think. I barely used the internet back then (twas a simpler time). With Galuf I needed reminding of what exactly happened. So that's one of the reasons I replayed. This death wasn't as shocking as it wasn't quite so sudden a plot twist as the other, and by then I was already used to Square doing these kind of stories. Galuf is a lovely beardy man though, and poor Krile, losing her parents and her grandad :-(

Midgar Mist
03-28-2016, 08:22 AM
Anyone else? If not then this is my last post for this thread. Don't want the Gestapo after me (kidding heh heh just kidding please don't hurt me)

Galuf
03-28-2016, 11:03 AM
This is ze Gestapo!

Midgar Mist
03-28-2016, 01:25 PM
Oh no! I've been caught!

Come on Galuf! Let's talk about.......Galuf

Galuf
03-28-2016, 01:50 PM
Galuf is a wimpy wee guy who just tries to do stuff.

Galuf on the other hand is gonna kick the Gestapo's A**

Midgar Mist
03-28-2016, 08:55 PM
He has a cool swedish names and even looks swedish. Krile has inherited his good genes I think :-D

So Mr Galuf tell me more about what you like about......Galuf :-)

Galuf
03-28-2016, 09:14 PM
He has a cool swedish names and even looks swedish. Krile has inherited his good genes I think :-D

So Mr Galuf tell me more about what you like about......Galuf :-)

his humour. he is funny

Midgar Mist
03-29-2016, 01:11 AM
He's also a humble but very good King. His bravery and leadership are amazing.

Even when he dies, his spirit continues to help them. Its so sweet :'-(

So when did you first encounter your namesake and be inspired by him?

Cloudane
07-24-2020, 11:40 PM
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: wahh!

I'm playing FFV for the first time and he just died :(

Man, this makes me as sad as... you know, that longstanding most famous death in FF. Tears were shed.

I think it doesn't help that the moment I saw and "heard" him he reminded me of a dear friend of mine (who is still thankfully alive) who is similarly the "loving grandpa" of a group of friends and I had him playing the role in my head. I should go and give the real one an e-hug.

Galuf
07-29-2020, 10:09 AM
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: wahh!

I'm playing FFV for the first time and he just died :(

Man, this makes me as sad as... you know, that longstanding most famous death in FF. Tears were shed.

I think it doesn't help that the moment I saw and "heard" him he reminded me of a dear friend of mine (who is still thankfully alive) who is similarly the "loving grandpa" of a group of friends and I had him playing the role in my head. I should go and give the real one an e-hug.

Galuf is truly the best FF character. even if gameplay wise his death means nothing. story wise it is the saddest imo.

maybee
07-30-2020, 03:41 AM
Galuf was a complete Chad. He was born a Chad, he lived as a Chad and he died the most Chad way possible. Auron and Balthier could never.

Christmas
05-02-2022, 06:05 AM
http://lparchive.org/Final-Fantasy-V-Advance/Update%2037/76-16kz9nc.png

From the screenshot above, he appears to be punching one of the rare full grown adult Ex Death which is like a few times his size. Amazing I would say, the standard limit is only punch someone two times your size. No more, no less. He totally went rogue on this one! Nice fists btw. :bigsmile:

Wolf Kanno
05-05-2022, 07:47 PM

Galuf
05-05-2022, 10:09 PM
Cool picture. I always liked how Exdeath looks like a knight but he seems to be more of a magic based character. Well until his final battles then he doesn't look like a knight anymore.

Wolf Kanno
05-05-2022, 10:45 PM
I've always enjoyed the various designs of ExDeath and the concept of him. He's basically like Naraku from Inu-Yasha in that he is an amalgamation of hundreds if not thousands of demons and evil magic merged together by the holy tree they are sealed within. It's why his Neo-Exdeath form is so cool because it's basically his soul coming apart as all the various creatures that make him up are coming undone by the void.

Galuf
05-05-2022, 10:54 PM
I like they are all weird looking creatures and then there's just a tiger head. Also part of his sprite on the SNES reminds me of Kefka, its like his clown clothes a wee bit