PDA

View Full Version : Annoying things that other drivers (or road users) do

Bubba
03-24-2016, 04:37 PM
I'm not really one for road rage and don't get upset too often when driving. MissH though, has a HUGE issue with people not indicating and since she's mentioned it, my run-ins with non-indicators seems to have increased ten-fold.

People changing lanes on the motorway and starting to indicate WHEN THEY'RE ALREADY HALF WAY ACROSS. I get more and more wound up with each passing incident.

What about you guys?

Pumpkin
03-24-2016, 04:46 PM
People who drive super slow in the left lane and slow down traffic. Move over there's at least another lane!

Fynn
03-24-2016, 04:48 PM
People driving slightly over the speed limit in urban areas just to pass me by, and then we get both stuck at the same traffic lights. And I'm just

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/mSkP43A-LQ4/hqdefault.jpg

Pike
03-24-2016, 04:50 PM
TAILGATERS

Shauna
03-24-2016, 05:00 PM
Exist

Freya
03-24-2016, 05:09 PM
Slow drivers are the worst around here. They go 20 under. We have a large elderly population and a busy highway. They end up causing a 10+ car line every morning. It freaks them out having people behind them so they go slower and cause more of a problem.
People who don't use blinkers.
People who cut me off or pass me only to go the same speed limit I do or slightly slower. What was the point of that? Now I have to change my cruise control cause you had to be in front of me.
People who have to pass me or tailgate me even though I'm speeding already. We're already breaking the law why are you wanting to break it further, asshole.
People who go a lot slower and don't move over to let others pass even though they know they're holding up traffic. See the first point.
Just slow drivers make me mad. If you can't go the speed limit, don't drive!
Jerks who try to race me? Why are you keeping pace with me in the passing lane? That's so stupid. Just let me by or just go by.
On that note, people who have to pass me but are only going 1 mph faster so they very very slowly pass me in the passing lane. Just speed up. You're creating a dangerous situation when we're both going 80 mph. Move along! This kinda goes with number 3.
People who have to pass me to only slow down and turn a moment later.
People who have to jump out into traffic in front of me making me slow down when no one is behind me. You couldn't have waited, really?
People who don't pay attention to traffic lights and make me sit there for a while while it turns green.
People who don't let others into another lane even after you're signalling and there was space. Like they'll speed up so you can't move over just to be dicks.
People who don't pass other slow people. They just make a wall of slow. You're in the passing lane, PASS THEM.
troutty bumper stickers piss me off too.

I get road rage easily. I used to have a luigi hat in my car and I'd put it on when I'd get frustrated and imagine it was mario kart and I could throw shell sat them.

Freya
03-24-2016, 05:44 PM
I also get people roadrage. Like in grocery stores. They're driving their shopping carts?

When they stand in the middle of the aisle and it's obvious you need to get pass them and they don't care or are just oblivious.
People who stand in front of what you need and it's obvious you're patiently waiting and they still don't move. Then sometimes once they do move, they then give you this evil look. YOU WERE IN THE WAY NOT ME. I WAITED.
Slow people here too. You're behind them and can't get around them and they just walk super slow... Or when there's a few of them and they make a super slow people wall.
People who just stop in front of you without realizing you're walking behind them.
People who let their kids rampage the store and you can't get to something because of it.
People who get mad at you when you do pass them and have said excuse you. How dare I pas you when you stopped! How dare I be polite about it!

Road rage. You all know my biggest pet peeve in the world: Bad "drivers". Good job bubba, now i'm irritated.

escobert
03-24-2016, 05:46 PM
Turn signals. People don't use turn signals fucking suck. And people talking on cellphones.

Freya
03-24-2016, 05:50 PM
OH I HAVE MORE. Man you've got me riled up.

Since moving to Portland, I don't have problems so much with other drivers as I do with cyclists. I know it's good for the environment and all that, but the cyclists here are maddening and I can't stand them. They slow all of traffic down and people don't wear the appropriate reflective gear so they put themselves in danger and put others at risk for hitting them. smurfing cyclists on the road :argh:
That reminds me. Bad pedestrian walking.

Don't just jaywalk, there's walking paths for reason so your ass doesn't get hit.
Walk on the side of traffic. That way you can see them coming if the driver doesn't.
Don't wear dark clothing at night! Are you crazy, I almost hit you cause I didn't see you! Put some reflective shit on or wear something more lightly colored and christ walk on the right side of the road if you're in dark clothing so you can see someone coming damn.
People who walk with a group and take up half the road on a hill or something. Do you want to get hit?

Bubba
03-24-2016, 05:58 PM
Also, what's with people jogging IN THE ACTUAL ROAD as opposed to an empty pavement.

DO YOU WANT TO DIE?

Dark_Valentine
03-24-2016, 06:04 PM
I also get people roadrage. Like in grocery stores. They're driving their shopping carts?

When they stand in the middle of the aisle and it's obvious you need to get pass them and they don't care or are just oblivious.
People who stand in front of what you need and it's obvious you're patiently waiting and they still don't move. Then sometimes once they do move, they then give you this evil look. YOU WERE IN THE WAY NOT ME. I WAITED.
Slow people here too. You're behind them and can't get around them and they just walk super slow... Or when there's a few of them and they make a super slow people wall.
People who just stop in front of you without realizing you're walking behind them.
People who let their kids rampage the store and you can't get to something because of it.
People who get mad at you when you do pass them and have said excuse you. How dare I pas you when you stopped! How dare I be polite about it!

Road rage. You all know my biggest pet peeve in the world: Bad "drivers". Good job bubba, now i'm irritated.
Omg yes!!! People and shopping carts are just as bad!
I find that I get the most angry when there are two cars in the right and left hand lanes going the same speed so that you can't pass either of them...usually they are both going under the speed limit.

Midgar Mist
03-24-2016, 06:22 PM
I shall never ever never never ever never never ever ever never...get behind the wheel of a car.......ever.

Psychotic
03-24-2016, 06:49 PM
They exist, the selfish pricks.

Rocket Edge
03-25-2016, 01:16 PM
People who drive well below the speed limit. If it's 100KPH, why go 60? WHY!

Also, when people hold up a huge amount of traffic behind them doing said speed on busy roads, and not have the decency to let the traffic by when there is opportunities to do so.

SammieBabe
03-25-2016, 01:22 PM
To all of you with gripes about drivers:
I strongly advise you to keep your driving in Florida to a minimum. As I encounter almost all of these situations, just about every day.
And I don't take the interstate to work.

NorthernChaosGod
03-26-2016, 10:43 PM
Oh God, so many things bother me. Number one is definitely people that don't signal properly, like how do I know if you're merging/turning instead of just swerving if your turn signal isn't on? :mad2: Also assholes on bikes that think they're entitled to use the roads but not follow the laws, there was actually a guy yesterday that made some cars wait to do their protected left turn because he decided to go straight when we had a red.

Night Fury
03-26-2016, 10:53 PM
I don't drive. One of the things I hate seeing the most though is people on the phone while driving.