PDA

View Full Version : The Best FF Magic

Midgar Mist
03-24-2016, 06:32 PM
I thought I'd extend the idea of the Blue Magic Poll Thread with this one:

What is your favourite Final Fantasy Magic?

Mine is FF7's (it LOOKS good and does the best damaged eg: KOTR, Contain, Enemy Skills like Beta and Trine)
I'm also impressed by 5's Magic too.

Over to you...

Forsaken Lover
03-24-2016, 06:36 PM
VII's is probably the best.

Although I think FFVIII's version of Ultima is the best-looking.

Depression Moon
03-24-2016, 07:41 PM
I know people tend to not like VIII's handling of Magic, but I like VIII's because it was different and it felt more strategic while it could also be overpowered, in the cases of summons, Double, and Triple.

Rez09
03-24-2016, 08:30 PM
I lean towards FFVI having the best overall magic due to how silly Ultima and Wind Slash are, especially with the Gembox and Quick or Genji Gloves and the Offering, respectively.

Laddy
03-24-2016, 08:30 PM
VII because it's the most versatile, but IX is the most consistently useful.

Karifean
03-24-2016, 09:01 PM
FF XII IZJS.

AoE Level 1 spells? Check.
Can break the damage barrier? Check.
Elements can be boosted with staves? Check.
Stupidly good buffs? Check.

I'd never go without a White and Black/Red Mage in this game.

Wolf Kanno
03-29-2016, 08:57 PM
In terms of visuals? IV, VI, and VII are my favorites.

In terms of usefullness? VI has the most overpowered and abusive magic in the series, but I will probably give this to FFXII for making magic important to actually making it through the game.

FFNut
03-29-2016, 11:51 PM
Favorited magic of all time is Dragon Age II ohh elemental force blood Mage you ruled. For Final Fantasy however I liked Tatics. It took a well thought out plan to hit it off.

Midgar Mist
03-31-2016, 12:21 PM
VII because it's the most versatile, but IX is the most consistently useful.

Mighty Guard in 9 isn't consistent. It lasts about 5 seconds and takes a great big bite out of Quina's MP.

I also don't see the point of getting Ark. Why fight the toughest monster in the game in order to fight the second toughest?

All the other summon magic in this game is weakass compared to its White and Black Magic which I have to admit....is awesome.

Bubba
03-31-2016, 12:25 PM

I can honestly say I can't remember what magic even looks like in FF8. Apart from my first playthrough, I only seem to remember using it when draw-casting. Damn Junction system.

FFVII is the most impressive looking I've experienced.

Forsaken Lover
04-01-2016, 11:57 AM

I can honestly say I can't remember what magic even looks like in FF8. Apart from my first playthrough, I only seem to remember using it when draw-casting. Damn Junction system.

FFVII is the most impressive looking I've experienced.

https://youtu.be/IeMRHeVL-rE?t=6m42s

Midgar Mist
04-25-2016, 08:10 AM
Which is your favourite?

Mine is (quite predictably) the materia system in 7, with the flexible job class system of 5 running a close second.

How about the rest of you?

Shauna
04-25-2016, 08:34 AM
You made this thread less than a month ago, so I merged the threads together. :)

Peter1986
04-25-2016, 07:01 PM
The Materia system in FF7.
That system is crazy, and gives you so many different ways to overpower your characters.
Here are a handful of combinations that I remember using last time I played this game:

MASTER COMMAND=HP Absorb + 4x-Cut
MASTER SUMMON=MP Absorb
Knights Of Round=Sneak Attack
Phoenix=Final Attack

Try these combinations and you will never lose a battle again! :D

Oh yeah, and of course, MIME the Omnislash an arbitrary number of times! :lol: