PDA

View Full Version : Worst FF Magic

Midgar Mist
03-24-2016, 06:35 PM
The opposite of my other thread

My least favourite FF Magic is FF9's

It DOESNT look as good as 7's (theres no KOTR or Contain in this one) and theres not as many that pack the same punch HP wise either

Over to you....

Rez09
03-24-2016, 08:32 PM
FF2 has the magic I like the least, particularly when it comes to leveling it, and I find physical attacks work better than magic in most circumstances.

Laddy
03-24-2016, 08:58 PM
FFII is the most annoying to deal with, having payout not worth the effort.

VIII's is annoying to deal with but is incredibly useful.

Bubba
03-24-2016, 09:55 PM
FF2 has the magic I like the least, particularly when it comes to leveling it.

FFII is the most annoying to deal with, having payout not worth the effort.

Midgar Mist
03-24-2016, 10:15 PM
VIII's is annoying to deal with but is incredibly useful.

I mostly agree with this. I've yet to find it super useful myself. I just put up with magic junctions to gain knowledge of the story

FFNut
03-24-2016, 11:31 PM
Ya FFII's isn't worth the effort for the pains it gives.

Galuf
03-25-2016, 02:51 AM
Who even Magicks in FFXII? aside from the odd bubble or protect/shell/berserk?

The Black magick is rarely used. its not the worst ever, but i had to mention it

Forsaken Lover
03-25-2016, 03:43 AM
Considering using magic lowers your stats in FFVIII... that's the worst.

Saber
03-25-2016, 06:35 AM
Final Fantasy II is my least favorite. You can spend days trying to level it up but still not make a cure spell as well as other games. Final Fantasy VIII is so terrible to get when you draw from monsters. Still that game has summons. Final Fantasy XI takes too much MP to cast a lot. You need to knell and/or use expensive items to gain mp. However I am not a fan of Final Fantasy I and III when each level has an x amount of times you can cast.

Midgar Mist
03-25-2016, 12:24 PM
Ive just remembered that in IV it takes me ages to level up. On my playthough I couldnt get anywhere near spells good enough to defeat Zeromus (and dont get me started on that Wall thingy.....that was pure luck i got through that one, no magic wouldve saved me in time)

escobert
03-26-2016, 09:37 PM
I just really dislike VIII's system in general. I'd probably like the game a hell of a lot more if it had a somewhat normal magic system. I enjoy watching Bri play it but, I can never really play it very far ever since I my first play-through back when it came out.

Wolf Kanno
03-29-2016, 08:07 PM
In terms of visuals, anything after FFIX is pretty boring actually, with the possible exception of the -aga spells from XIII surprisingly enough. FFI wasn't so great either.

In terms of actual usefullness, VII is the game where I don't really use magic at all that isn't enemy skill or summon and even those I don't use too much thanks to Limit Breaks and your party's natural high melee damage output. Barring the Junction system, offensive magic in VIII is atrocious as well. So VII and VIII probably have the least useful magic for my playstyle.

Midgar Mist
04-01-2016, 07:33 AM
In terms of visuals, anything after FFIX is pretty boring actually, with the possible exception of the -aga spells from XIII surprisingly enough. FFI wasn't so great either.

In terms of actual usefullness, VII is the game where I don't really use magic at all that isn't enemy skill or summon and even those I don't use too much thanks to Limit Breaks and your party's natural high melee damage output. Barring the Junction system, offensive magic in VIII is atrocious as well. So VII and VIII probably have the least useful magic for my playstyle.

I certainly agree with you on 9's being boring particularly the summon magic. Zidane's and Steiner's trance power is better than any honest to god magic there.

And 8 is abismal for magic. As aforementioned it screws up your stats and when you use it it does all but f**k all damage. GF magic and junctioning Ultima etc to Squall's attack is what helps me squeak by in this game. Its the story that makes this pain in the ass gameplay worth it.

7's is great but you obviously play it different to me