PDA

View Full Version : Easter Treats

Midgar Mist
03-27-2016, 02:39 AM
This easter period I've already enjoyed hot cross buns smeared with butter, cornflake buns with mini eggs on them and some creme eggs.I'm bad cos I don't observe Lent :-O

How about you guys?

The Summoner of Leviathan
03-27-2016, 04:36 AM
Nothing, but I do Easter later with bf family since they observe Orthodox Easter. But my candy of choice was always jelly beans at Easter.

Pheesh
03-27-2016, 05:30 AM
Christmas and Easter I'll usually just buy a packet of Ferrero Rochers and shovel them into my mouth. I absolutely hate easter eggs and hot cross buns though.

Vasher
03-27-2016, 05:56 AM
The "Easter Bunny" usually leaves Reese's cups (drool) and peanut M&M's (more drool). Probably the only time I'll eat hot dogs in a year (family picnic).

Two "Easter" stories.

My wife was on me about getting a physical (maybe 3 years ago). I convinced my pops to go with me (long time smoker, social drinker). My Dr (he is a great person, recently lost his wife to cancer, I feel for him) called me up and said I was pre-diabetic and needed further testing. Odd, because I'm hypoglycemic (which can still lead to diabetes). It came to me that my appointment was the day after Easter, first thing AM. No time for breakfast, so a fistful of peanut M&M's for breakfast it was. Went back, tests were all good.

I think it was the same batch of peanut M&M's, but I woke up and couldn't go back to sleep without eating. Too tired to really do anything about it, I took a sleep aid, and ate a fistful of peanut M&M's (only around as Easter Bunny left overs). My fistful of M's was anything but the glorious rush of chocolate and peanuts I'd anticipated. I turned on the lights (I was using the light of the moon and digital picture frames) to check the bag. Nasty, most were "blown up" by aflatoxin.