PDA

View Full Version : Kingdom Hearts turns 14!

Fynn
03-27-2016, 12:37 PM
http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/kingdomhearts/images/1/1b/Promotional_Artwork_KH.png/revision/latest?cb=20121116131852

It's hard to believe it's been quite so long, but the first entry in the Kingdom Hearts series came out 14 years ago. Back then no one could expect how huge a hit this crossover between Disney and Final Fantasy could be. What seemed like an insane idea turned out to be a match made in heaven, as Kingdom Hearts is now SE's most recognizable franchise not named Final Fantasy.

Since its release, Kingdom Hearts has developed substantially. With seven entries released in the West and HD collections bringing them all together on the PS3, the series now boasts a very involving story which many fans just can't wait to see the conclusion of in KH III. How ironic that the ninth game in the series is going to be receiving the number 3. Still, it's good to sometimes sit back and take a look on what the series beginnings were like.

So what are your fondest memories of the first Kingom Hearts? Let us know in the comments!

maybee
03-27-2016, 01:07 PM
Fourteen years ago Square had a vision of Donald Duck, Goofy and a SE OC meeting up with Cloud Strife in a Disney Hercules universe and thought -

okay that sounds normal. Let's bring it out for a early '00 release. 8D

Pheesh
03-27-2016, 05:18 PM
14 is kind of an odd anniversary to celebrate but it's been almost 2 years since I played Kingdom Hearts 1 so maybe I should bust it out. The original by far has the best standalone story in the whole series. It's beautiful, touching, whimsical and I never get tired of it.

Anyway, it's still my favourite game ever and has been for almost 14 years now (we didn't get it until November in Australia, and even then it was my Christmas present that year).

Omni-Odin
03-27-2016, 05:41 PM
One of two reasons I bought a used 50 dollar Ps2. Walking through Target every couple of days, and seeing that game next to FFX used to drive me crazy. So I got a job at Publix at 15 to buy all three.

Hard to believe. Life goes by too fast.

Depression Moon
03-27-2016, 08:00 PM
Dang, 14? I thought the first game came out in 2004. It was memorable the first time I played this game. I remember feeling the concept was rather odd.

I believe I had only played Final Fantasys IX and X at this point.