PDA

View Full Version : Ellone: The Darling of FF8 **SPOILERS**

Midgar Mist
03-27-2016, 04:47 PM
I have to admit, I don't care for any of the playable females in this game. Rinoa is okay I guess, Edea is all well and good but she's underused, Selphie is annoying and I'd like to hit Quistis repeatedly with something heavy.

But....the beautiful Ellone. As a youth in Winhill with Laguna, as Big Sis in the foster home and as a pure and true White SeeD who shows them the way by taking their souls on a journey to the past.

She is one of the keystones of this story. The quest is partly to protect her. She is the character who marries the timelines together.

She is magical, she is wise and she is a sweet caring woman.

What more do you need?

Discuss.

Clo
05-05-2016, 04:56 PM
I agree with you that the other women are fairly insufferable or useless. Ellone's outfit is also hella on point.

charliepanayi
05-05-2016, 07:27 PM
I like Ellone but I think it's ludicrous to say she's better than the playable characters. They have personalities at least. Even if they're basic ones, Ellone doesn't even get that (aside from maybe her flashback scene as a kid with Laguna and Raine). She's a walking plot device.

Saber
05-06-2016, 05:17 AM
I was still shocked when I went to re-play the game and she wakes Squall up at the hospital bed. I was all like "She's a time traveling genius"

Wolf Kanno
05-06-2016, 09:51 AM
I never cared for Ellone, mostly because she's more poorly explained plot twist than character. With that said, I wish she did get more screen time.

Fynn
05-06-2016, 09:56 AM
I never cared for Ellone, mostly because she's more poorly explained plot twist than character. With that said, I wish she did get more screen time.

This.

Also, Quistis rules, how dare you

maybee
05-06-2016, 04:50 PM
I don't care what anybody else says, I love Rinoa and always will. >: Selphie too.

This.

Also, Quistis rules, how dare you

Would you be furious with me if you found out that I hate her as well ? ;-;

Sorry I just despise that Quistis has everything, a bright future ahead, intelligence, beauty, popularity, a career at a young age........... and she throws it all away for the seventeen year old grumpy face with a scar on his forehead, and acts like it's the end of the world. Quistis, you have everything, a FANCLUB EVEN. I think you will be okay without this man.

Shauna
05-06-2016, 06:57 PM
But when you're seventeen having that unrequited love is devastating. Do you not remember being a teenager? :p

Fynn
05-06-2016, 07:57 PM
But when you're seventeen having that unrequited love is devastating. Do you not remember being a teenager? :p

Basically. The entire cast of FFVIII are hormonal teens. People who say they're acting too stupid are way too harsh.

maybee
05-07-2016, 04:45 AM

Basically. The entire cast of FFVIII are hormonal teens. People who say they're acting too stupid are way too harsh.

I will remember this when y'all hating on Rinoa.

https://67.media.tumblr.com/d22168041b2ec928ecc84deeeb30ea1b/tumblr_o6fesdFoXR1s2wio8o1_500.gif

Fynn
05-07-2016, 06:23 AM

I will remember this when y'all hating on Rinoa.

https://67.media.tumblr.com/d22168041b2ec928ecc84deeeb30ea1b/tumblr_o6fesdFoXR1s2wio8o1_500.gif

Joke's on you - I happen to like Rinoa ;)

But I've been noticing this trend in the character threads laely - why pit women against each other? Can't we all just get along?

Shauna
05-07-2016, 09:31 AM
Yep, I like Rinoa too. :shobon:

sinuosity
05-08-2016, 01:29 AM
Sorry I just despise that Quistis has everything, a bright future ahead, intelligence, beauty, popularity, a career at a young age........... and she throws it all away for the seventeen year old grumpy face with a scar on his forehead, and acts like it's the end of the world. Quistis, you have everything, a FANCLUB EVEN. I think you will be okay without this man.

To be fair, it's kind of the opposite - she's a grown up child prodigy who isn't fulfilling the promise she previously had. At the very start of the game she's demoted and told she hasn't displayed leadership qualities. It makes sense that she's messed up by this. #teamquisty

Christmas
06-15-2016, 02:56 PM
Can we talk about PuPu now? :bigsmile:

Ayen
06-16-2016, 12:27 AM
I like any woman with a pulse, really.
But then you wouldn't like any of them.
Because they don't have pulses.
Because they're not real.
:onoes: