View Full Version : Favorite season?

Fynn
03-30-2016, 05:00 PM
You can only pick one.

Choose wisely

Galuf
03-30-2016, 05:02 PM
winter.

dark, cold and filled with hope...... for snow!

Fynn
03-30-2016, 05:06 PM
Summer

The only season with no frost and the only season when my feet can be free from the tyranny of socks. Plus, lakes! Swimming! Water sports! Bike rides! Yay :love:

SammieBabe
03-30-2016, 05:55 PM
Autumn. Cause my birthday. And it's slightly less hot than summer, so we can do stuff outside. :)

Night Fury
03-30-2016, 06:09 PM
I like Spring! Especially in Australia.

I like all the new life and the moderate weather :)

Fynn
03-30-2016, 06:18 PM
For some inexplicable reason, I get the feeling everyone lives in a warmer place than me :p

Shauna
03-30-2016, 06:19 PM
I pick winter because I don't experience enough of the other seasons to have fully formed opinions on them.

Pike
03-30-2016, 07:10 PM
Probably autumn.

Summer is too hot, winter is too inconvenient (having to wake up early to dig myself out of a snowstorm more days than not) and here in Montana spring is honestly just winter but with slightly longer days.

SammieBabe
03-30-2016, 07:49 PM
For some inexplicable reason, I get the feeling everyone lives in a warmer place than me :p

Definitely. :D

Pike
03-30-2016, 08:13 PM

Pfff speak for yourself. Winter like eight months out of the year here. :(

Fynn
03-30-2016, 08:17 PM
We had a year like that, actually

Seriously, July and August are the only months when the temperature is guaranteed to be above zero

Pike
03-30-2016, 08:23 PM
I've seen huge snowstorms in both those months. June too. June snowstorm a few years back was so violent it knocked out power lines and stuff. In hindsight it was actually hilarious.

edit: honestly though I prefer this weather over almost anything else. ~72 degrees F is like, my upper heat limit, anything warmer than that is TOO DAMN HOT

SammieBabe
03-30-2016, 08:37 PM
I've seen huge snowstorms in both those months. June too. June snowstorm a few years back was so violent it knocked out power lines and stuff. In hindsight it was actually hilarious.

edit: honestly though I prefer this weather over almost anything else. ~72 degrees F is like, my upper heat limit, anything warmer than that is TOO DAMN HOT

I had an ex from Bozeman and his bday was in August. His mom told me a story once where it snowed at his party.

Pike
03-30-2016, 09:13 PM
I had an ex from Bozeman

I probably know him xD seeing as I've been in this town for 20 years now. But yeah. The big June snowstorm happened on my sister's birthday. It's also snowed on the Fourth of July. Frequently...

Crop
03-30-2016, 09:21 PM
Summer easily! Long days, good weather, warm days and nights, beaches, beer gardens, cider, barbecues. That's just off the top of my head, what's not to love?

Fynn
03-30-2016, 09:33 PM

I had an ex from Bozeman and his bday was in August. His mom told me a story once where it snowed at his party.

That is literally the stuff of my nightmares

I hate snow and June and August are my solace

Midgar Mist
03-30-2016, 10:14 PM
I see beauty in all the seasons but i guess....autumn (aka fall)

Vermachtnis
03-31-2016, 12:04 AM
I used to be a winter, then I had to drive in it. Now I'm a fall. It's pretty and the temperature goes from hot to cool.

Mr. Carnelian
03-31-2016, 12:40 AM
It used to be Summer, but Formy whines about the heat so much during the heat of Summer that I've switched to Spring. Mostly warm enough to keep me happy, but not so hot that Formy starts melting and crying out in distress.

Elly
03-31-2016, 12:55 AM
Winter (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxrwImCJCqk)... i absolutely love winter...

Bubba
03-31-2016, 09:51 AM
I used to change between Spring and Autumn but I've gone for Summer. I think I'm just hoping that the UK will see a decent summer this year. Unlikely though.

Zanmato
03-31-2016, 02:33 PM
Summer

The only season with no frost and the only season when my feet can be free from the tyranny of socks. Plus, lakes! Swimming! Water sports! Bike rides! Yay :love:
That's me! :D
Summer means freedom! :love:

escobert
04-02-2016, 01:19 AM
I pick winter because I don't experience enough of the other seasons to have fully formed opinions on them.

You don't even know. It's supposed to snow here this coming week -_-

I chose fall.

Zeldy
04-02-2016, 10:46 PM
Just now realising that I believed the April Fool on the good morning show the other day :colbert: - just googled it to tell everyone that the UK was going to drop winter as a season and have spring come earlier.

It WAS ALL A LIE

I like winter - or atleast the idea of it as it never snows here! Its rain/gloomy/overcast I'd say for 300 out of 365 days of the year. I'm sure I heard that about Manchester. It was probably another april fools, I'm so gullible :'(

Omni-Odin
04-02-2016, 11:26 PM

Definitely. :D

Hahaha this is me as well.

However, Fall is still the best season to me living a little more in North Florida.

Madame Adequate
04-03-2016, 01:01 AM
I think Season 3 was strongest but there was still a lot to like in 3 and 5. As often the case, Season 1 was about finding their feet, so it wasn't as strong overall. 4 was... a bunch of good episodes marred by not being tied together by anything resembling a coherent plot.

Shiny
04-04-2016, 04:30 PM
Winter is only good for the all the time I get off for the holidays. Fall/Autumn are terribly cold and have the worst holidays, and Spring is sneezing and congestion season. Summer may be at times unbearably hot, but I do better with hot than I do with cold typically.

FFNut
04-04-2016, 04:50 PM
Never Winter... It's awful. Grew up in the mountains in Northern Canada. Nuff said about winter.

Fall was was always my favorite time. We get out of the midnight sun and it starts to get dark at night for help sleeping. Plus growing up around the forests I would enjoy the colours that came with it. Summer is a close second but for mosquito's

Chemical
04-05-2016, 07:50 AM
The concept of seasons is very interesting in my mind because it really is about the representation of opposing environmental states of being. In some places with the Wet vs Dry season. In others Hot vs Cold. Still others ts about a cycle alternating between the death and rebirth of a year.

Living in Australia I really only experience Hot or Hotter with a range between Dry and Drowning. I like the Hot Dry season.

But I miss fall back in Canada. I love the cool crisp air, the smell of the earth, and the change of the leaves. It's beautiful and just utterly romantic.

Pheesh
04-05-2016, 08:15 AM
It depends where I am. In Western Australia spring is the best season (so that's what I voted), but Autumn in the north east of USA was absolutely amazing. I also don't like to be cold, so anywhere that isn't as warm as Australia and I'd probably vote summer.

Pumpkin
04-05-2016, 01:54 PM
Autumn. I hate the heat and winter here doesn't bring snow anyway :(