PDA

View Full Version : Summer clothes or winter clothes?

Fynn
04-05-2016, 05:00 PM
There is a certain allure to the long sleeves and full-length pants we wear in colder seasons. Nothing says class like a sassy little scarf and devil-may-care overcoat.

But then again, in summer we have colorful flip-flops, snazzy sunglasses and light linen tops and bottoms, so it's hard to decide on which style is superior.

Formalhaut
04-05-2016, 05:02 PM
There is a certain allure to the long sleeves and full-length pants we wear in colder seasons. Nothing says class like a sassy little scarf and devil-may-care overcoat.

But then again, in summer we have colorful flip-flops, snazzy sunglasses and light linen tops and bottoms, so it's hard to decide on which style is superior.

You wear flip-flops? :zombie:

Winter, all day long. Full-length everything. How I dress in Winter is pretty much how I dress in summer, maybe without a coat.

Fynn
04-05-2016, 05:32 PM
You bet! Flip flops are the second best thing. The best thing is, of course, walking barefoot ;)

Crop
04-05-2016, 05:40 PM
Summer. Summer everything. Summer always. If there's another poll on summer vs winter or hot vs cold I vote summer and hot now so I don't have to come back to it.

Fynn
04-05-2016, 05:43 PM
Well, looks like it might keep reappearing, since so many people are just wrong, so we need keep hammering in how awesome summer is

Sephex
04-05-2016, 05:51 PM
This thread reminded of one of the most bizarre things I did.

"Dad, I can't wear winter clothes because of the Ciddies."

Actual text I sent my father on ambien. It was like July or something last year.

Fynn
04-05-2016, 05:59 PM
Well, duh, of course you can't

Kalevala
04-05-2016, 06:09 PM
I'm perpetually lanky as fuck so I try to stick with layers all year round in order to combat some of that.

Vermachtnis
04-05-2016, 07:39 PM

You had me at sassy.

Mirage
04-05-2016, 08:45 PM
I hate winter, and all the clothes required is a major reason.

theundeadhero
04-05-2016, 10:04 PM
My clothes and shoes stay the same. The only difference is if I wear a heavy, light, or no jacket based on how cold it gets.

Pheesh
04-05-2016, 10:33 PM
I look better in winter clothing, but if I'm wearing it then it means I'm cold which is the worst. Also board shorts and a t-shirt are infinitely more comfortable.

Mirage
04-05-2016, 11:48 PM
My clothes and shoes stay the same. The only difference is if I wear a heavy, light, or no jacket based on how cold it gets.

If that's the case, you don't actually have anything that could pass as winter

Slothy
04-05-2016, 11:55 PM
I wear t-shirts and jeans year round so whatever the smurf that is. Fall clothing?

I almost never wear a coat regardless of season. Feel free to tell me how we don't have winter in Canada. :p

Night Fury
04-05-2016, 11:58 PM
I like both! I like layering tights under shorts with big baggy sweaters in winter with booooots yasssss. But I equally love sandals with bare legs and shorts and crop tops. Also bikiniiiiiiiii (Straya!)

Formalhaut
04-05-2016, 11:58 PM
I wear t-shirts and jeans year round so whatever the smurf that is. Fall clothing?

Jeans and a long-sleeved shirt rolled up to the elbow, with an undershirt, is what I would wear in high summer​.

theundeadhero
04-06-2016, 12:16 AM
I'm pretty sure pants and jackets count as winter.

Mirage
04-06-2016, 12:20 AM

I almost never wear a coat regardless of season. Feel free to tell me how we don't have winter in Canada. :p
Same shoes too? Do you enjoy freezing your toes off?

theundeadhero
04-06-2016, 12:48 AM
Boots all year long.

Mirage
04-06-2016, 01:16 AM
how horrible

Slothy
04-06-2016, 01:22 AM

Same shoes too? Do you enjoy freezing your toes off?

Unless I'm working or it's particularly wet out i wear vibram five fingers. Toes are still firmly attached.

Wolf Kanno
04-06-2016, 08:49 AM
I prefer winter, I don't really like wearing shorts out in public and I hate sandals and flip flops. Hell, I hate the heat in general. I find I just have better clothing options in fall/winter than I do in the summer.

Fynn
04-06-2016, 08:55 AM
I prefer winter, I don't really like wearing shorts out in public and I hate sandals and flip flops. Hell, I hate the heat in general. I find I just have better clothing options in fall/winter than I do in the summer.

God, no! Not you too! :onoes:

Mr. Carnelian
04-06-2016, 11:47 AM
SUMMER! Shirts and shorts. Maybe my grey hoodie, if there's a bit of a breeze.

SammieBabe
04-06-2016, 01:22 PM
Winter clothes literally aren't a thing here. I've tried to buy coats, scarves, hats, and gloves for when I travel, but haven't been able to, because no one sells them.
My not work attire is usually shorts and t-shirts. Flip-flops and sandals are standard issue. I've worn them to school, work, and church. :D

Shiny
04-06-2016, 07:26 PM
I definitely prefer less layers. Winter and Fall coats can be annoying inconvenience when you have to go places that don't have free coat check. Summer clothes and less layers are better for me. I like to live my sleeveless life.

blackmage_nuke
04-08-2016, 03:06 AM
I don't like how it becomes torture to wear jackets in the summer, I need the pockets!

mike43
11-07-2020, 02:04 PM
I love winters clothes because I love winters, you can wear what you want. I have a huge collection of jackets like I have blackbear portrait jacket from here (https://blackbearmerch.net/jackets/).You can wear your clothes in a very unique way like you can layer up your clothes like you are wearing tshirt you can layer it up with shirt shirt and jacket or pair up hoodie or jacket and there are many others way to pair up or layer up your clothes.

krissy
11-07-2020, 02:29 PM
you're so right mike43
they should call you mike42 cause you got all the answers

Mr Gashtacular
11-10-2020, 05:44 PM
i look better in winter close, mostly because they cover my newly enormous weight and girth. summer temperatures seem a little less predictable in the UK and so its harder to choose what to wear