PDA

View Full Version : Cat coats - long or short?

Fynn
04-07-2016, 05:00 PM
Do you prefer cats with long, silky fur?

http://www.cat-breed-info.com/images/persiancat.jpg

Or simple, cute shorthairs?

http://cdn3-www.cattime.com/assets/uploads/2011/12/file_2716_American-Shorthair-cat-bree.jpg

Pumpkin
04-07-2016, 05:02 PM
Short hair

Bubba
04-07-2016, 05:04 PM
Short hair

Bubba
04-07-2016, 05:10 PM
all coats are beautiful

Fynn
04-07-2016, 05:10 PM
all coats are beautiful

Well, of course, but these polls are meant to be sadisuic choices

Going with long as I own a Turkish Van and a Persian, so I'm staying loyal to them

Vermachtnis
04-07-2016, 07:31 PM
I'm voting short hair, because I see a long haired cat and I just think of all the cat hair everywhere.

Formalhaut
04-07-2016, 07:36 PM
Shorthair, definitely. Though long-hair cats are undeniably cute fluffballs.

Honestly, I find no-haired cats, like Sphynx breeds, to be pretty ugly.

Pumpkin
04-07-2016, 07:37 PM
I've actually always wanted a long haired cat just because I've never had one, but sharky would absolutely have an aneurysm with that much hair around

Fynn
04-07-2016, 07:47 PM

Sphynxes are incredibly adorable and so soft to the touch IRL, and I am now judging you :colbert: No such thing as an ugly cat

Madame Adequate
04-07-2016, 08:04 PM
That's right, all cats are gorgeous and adorable! :colbert:

That said, longhairs can be a pain to maintain.

Fynn
04-07-2016, 08:33 PM
They are so warm and soft and cuddly omgomgomg :omgomg:

Galuf
04-07-2016, 08:33 PM
ive only had 1 Fluffy long hair cat. Who lost most of her fur after getting burned on a still heated cooker Hob, and both losing a kitten and having a miscarriage. ofcourse these events happened seperatly. but we dont have her no more we had to get rid of her and a lot of the other cats.
sorry.
So.... i prefer short hair mostly cause ive had more. but i shouldve voted Long, to be nice to that cat.

sorry i said so much ^^;

FFNut
04-07-2016, 09:48 PM
I had two short haired cats that were the softest cuddlyist kitty's ever. I'm voting short!

Kalevala
04-08-2016, 08:36 PM
#endcoatshaming

escobert
04-10-2016, 07:33 PM
Maine Coons are long hair so long hair is best! :p

Mr. Carnelian
04-10-2016, 07:51 PM

Agreed, on ever detail. When it comes to no-haired cats, I just don't see the appeal. Plus, aren't the poor things going to get dreadfully cold?

Zanmato
04-10-2016, 08:45 PM
I love both of them, though long-haired cats look more fabulous. :cool:

Vermachtnis
04-10-2016, 08:54 PM
dLG6SmyW7i8

Vasher
04-11-2016, 02:43 AM
I'm a "dog person", but I have a couple reasons to say "short".

The only cat I loved was "Riley". My father found him in a box, in an alley. I was 3, maybe 4. I took to him, the same way he took to me. "Evil", is the single best word to describe him. I was the only person who could touch him. Besides attacking all that came near, he went out of his way to be "mean". As a kitten, he would climb up the back of the couch just to claw the back of the unsuspecting head. He grew quickly, siring litters of his own. We moved, he was nowhere to be found, and even if we did find him, how in the world would we transport him? It was an 8 mile move, he was there within 6 months (no clue how). He sites more litters, even dragged home his kills (literally). Towards the end of his "career", he looked similar to "Stripe" from "Gremlins". Fights left him completely bald and scarred on his head, one ear gone. When he "disappeared" again, my parents didn't want to tell me that he'd been hit by a car, found down the street.

Riley was a "calico", huge.

No long story hear, my moms Persians were hell with hair. Damn them, damn them all.

Short hair.

Mirage
04-11-2016, 03:29 AM
Long haired cats are often prettier, but for the sake of the cat, i'd go for short. Unless you're really on the ball with brushing, especially when they get old, they'll get matted and lumpy as smurf and it can be really painful for them. The 16 year old long haired cat we've got at my parents' place needs a lot of care now, and sometimes it gets matty in areas he won't let us humans mess around in, and he ends up trying to bite the lumps off, and that sometimes gets a bit bloody.

Bri
04-11-2016, 04:41 AM
Honestly not a cat person but i will choose short hair.

Skyblade
04-11-2016, 05:36 AM
I've had both, and I like both. Kitties are awesome regardless of whether they have long or short hair.

Though I am also not a fan of hairless kitties.

Fynn
04-11-2016, 09:02 AM
I've had both, and I like both. Kitties are awesome regardless of whether they have long or short hair.

Though I am also not a fan of hairless kitties.

Dishonor on you! Dishonor on your cow! :stare:

Formalhaut
04-11-2016, 09:41 AM
Wow, Fynn, you have strong views when it comes to animals.

Fynn
04-11-2016, 10:50 AM
All cats are beautiful and all cats deserve love

I will stand for nothing less :stare:

Mr. Carnelian
04-11-2016, 12:54 PM
All cats are beautiful and all cats deserve love

I will stand for nothing less :stare:

True, but purposefully breeding cats to have no fur is just cruel. The lack of fur can make them - especially when they're kittens - more susceptible to respiratory infection and skin cancer.

Fynn
04-11-2016, 02:04 PM
True, but purposefully breeding cats to have no fur is just cruel. The lack of fur can make them - especially when they're kittens - more susceptible to respiratory infection and skin cancer.

Sphynxes are actually one of the healthier breeds and out ofthe few breed-specific health issues they are prone to (http://www.pethealthnetwork.com/cat-health/cat-breeds/sphynx) a grand total ofone is related to their hairlessness. So at this stage I am confident in my assertion that your campaign against them is motivated primarily by the fact that they are not conventionally cute. And that is what I call cruel