PDA

View Full Version : Dog breed showdown!

Fynn
04-08-2016, 05:01 PM
Here are four terrific dog breeds. You may only choose one.

The German Shepherd

http://www.vcahospitals.com/img/common/dog-care/breeds/german-shepherd.png

The French Bulldog

http://archive.vetknowledge.com/files/images/French-bulldog-stance.jpg

The Greyhound

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/42zy8leKXgL.jpg

The Pomeranian

http://westchesternypuppies.com/images/pomeranian.jpg

Formalhaut
04-08-2016, 05:05 PM
German Shepard of those four, if only for the possibility of calling it 'Commander Shepard' and training it to heel whenever I say "I should go."

Never been a fan of greyhounds though. Athletic, but they always look so emaciated. Part of the Irish side of my family keeps greyhounds, come to think of it.

Pumpkin
04-08-2016, 05:06 PM
I picked greyhound out of those options but Doberman all da way

http://i.imgur.com/fVv3DOO.jpg

Fynn
04-08-2016, 05:11 PM
Did you know that grayhounds are actually one of the oldest breeds? They're present in Ancient Egyptian illustrations as well as those from the medieval period depicting hunting D. Like all sight hounds, they have a really wide field of vision and their lightweight structure is so that they can hunt very quick animals like rabbits. You also need to keep them on a leash, because they will run after that animal and you can't train them to not do it. And when they're not running, they're super couch potatoes.

Grayhounds are adorable. All these dogs are. I'm sad the Pomeranian gets no love. They're so hyper it's ridiculous

Formalhaut
04-08-2016, 05:20 PM
Did you know that grayhounds are actually one of the oldest breeds? They're present in Ancient Egyptian illustrations as well as those from the medieval period depicting hunting D. Like all sight hounds, they have a really wide field of vision and their lightweight structure is so that they can hunt very quick animals like rabbits. You also need to keep them on a leash, because they will run after that animal and you can't train them to not do it. And when they're not running, they're super couch potatoes.

Grayhounds are adorable. All these dogs are. I'm sad the Pomeranian gets no love. They're so hyper it's ridiculous

The Pomerianian dogs are silly. I wouldn't have one, but they are cute.

Pumpkin
04-08-2016, 05:20 PM
I like Pomeranians because they're literally fluff balls with feet and giant eyes.

Fynn
04-08-2016, 05:23 PM

The Pomerianian dogs are silly. I wouldn't have one, but they are cute.

I thought the same, up until I played Ghost Trick

Rocket Edge
04-08-2016, 05:24 PM
German Shepard's are a beautiful dog, but Greyhounds are one of the coolest animals on the planet. I pick them.

Quindiana Jones
04-08-2016, 05:42 PM
Three of those options, I would kick off a boat. German Shepherd from the list, Bearded Collie otherwise.

Shaibana
04-08-2016, 05:42 PM
why do you pick 4 of the most deformed dogs breeds?
the german sheppards backhand is so low that it gives health problems. just a 100 years ago it was a very nice breed untill someone decided that a lower backhand should be it
the french bulldog with his flat nose. last summer i encountered one of those.. my dog didnt know what to do with the little doggy as he was running around snorting. after a minute it couldnt handle it and puked..
the Pomerian, as u cute as they are the skulls are so tiny that they always have headaches.

im not sure about the greywind so ill pick that one

Fynn
04-08-2016, 05:51 PM
Sigh...

German Shepherds represent classic, wolf-like characteristics

French Bulldogs represent the flat-faced breeds

Grayhounds are the sight hound representatives

And Pomeranians represent toy dogs

I get that selective breeding can get terrible and dogs (and cats) often have to suffer for our twisted wims, but this thread is not about advocating unhealthy breeding habits (my German shepherd was born before that stupid trend and I am very much against it, and I think older types look much nicer), but these dogs exist and I wanted to see what the general tastes are. Might as well use this to spread awareness and encourage people to breed more responsibly.

Night Fury
04-08-2016, 06:01 PM
That is an Italian Greyhound!

Also that is definitely a Rottie pup up there too!

My dog of choice is a Rottie, a Springer Spaniel, or a Bernese Mountain Dog.

Shaibana
04-08-2016, 06:06 PM
Sigh...

German Shepherds represent classic, wolf-like characteristics

French Bulldogs represent the flat-faced breeds

Grayhounds are the sight hound representatives

And Pomeranians represent toy dogs

true enopugh, but perhaps with the exception of the wolf-like the rest of the groups are still fcked up.

Freya
04-08-2016, 06:11 PM
My mutts are part GShep so I'll go with that one. They're dorks though. They're shaped like a Gshep but they have the black short hair like the lab they have in them.

Fynn
04-08-2016, 06:18 PM
Grayhounds can be bigger though? :confused:

Also, I think you guys are gonna be retroactively pissed about the dog breed amount when we get to the cat breed showdown :lol:

Night Fury
04-08-2016, 06:22 PM
Greyhounds are a medium sized dog but the one pictured is an Italian greyhound which is a toy size!

Vermachtnis
04-08-2016, 06:23 PM
I gotta go with German Shepherd of those four.

Shauna
04-08-2016, 06:25 PM
We got some dogs-perts in the house today :p

Fynn
04-08-2016, 06:25 PM
I couldn't find a Picture of a big one that was as nice as this one tho :(

Formalhaut
04-08-2016, 06:26 PM
Yeah, I'm so not clued up on dogs. Any time I compliment a dog I ask the owner what breed it is, even if it's something really obvious.

Hollycat
04-08-2016, 06:29 PM
Out of the four breeds, German Shepherds are my favorite easily. They're so nice and sweet and cuddly!!
I've never been able to get comfortable around bulldogs, even if they are just dopey sweethearts.
I haven't played with enough Greyhounds to really care about them one way or the other.
As for Pomeranians, I'm not all that fond of toy breeds.

They aren't on the list, so I'll just say my favorite breeds are Border Collies and Australian Shepherds

SammieBabe
04-08-2016, 06:34 PM
German shepherds, because Herding dogs are superior. Collies and Border Collies are the best though. :)

Fynn
04-08-2016, 06:36 PM
I don't know about you guys but I find it hilarious that the Pomeranian's closest relatives are huskies, malamutes and samoyeds

Night Fury
04-08-2016, 06:38 PM
We got some dogs-perts in the house today :p

tbh my oldest Rottie looks like a really fat Doberman soooooooo

Fynn
04-08-2016, 07:00 PM
I mean, aren't Rottweilers just fat Dobermans? :p

SammieBabe
04-08-2016, 07:07 PM
Photographic proof of Herding Dog superiority. :D

Bri
04-08-2016, 08:22 PM
http://www.vcahospitals.com/img/common/dog-care/breeds/german-shepherd.png

Kalevala
04-08-2016, 08:41 PM
I refuse to vote until corgi is made an option.

Pike
04-08-2016, 08:49 PM
Pomeranians are honestly devil dogs. They will mess you up.

I'm voting greyhound because they're neat. So are whippets aka mini-greyhounds.

Night Fury
04-08-2016, 09:02 PM
I mean, aren't Rottweilers just fat Dobermans? :p

Not quite

Fynn
04-08-2016, 09:03 PM

No

Formalhaut
04-08-2016, 09:09 PM
I remember in my childhood one of my relatives had this really cute golden Labrador. Oh, he was adorable!

Pretty big though. Good thing they had space in the house for him and a nice backyard.

Fynn
04-08-2016, 09:17 PM
They got ADHD

Pheesh
04-08-2016, 10:07 PM
Yeah, of the ones listed I had to go with German Shepherd cause it's the only large, not ridiculous looking dog. But Night Fury can attest to how little I actually like German Shepherds.

My favourite dog breeds are Bernese Mountain Dogs, Chow Chows and Basset Hounds.

Crop
04-08-2016, 10:12 PM
I know absolutely nothing about dog breeds. My family have owned three dogs, and they've all been rescued mixed breed ones. They're the best, so I vote them.

starlet
04-08-2016, 10:22 PM
Pomeranians are honestly devil dogs. They will mess you up.

pikey is correct, pomeranians are little troutbags

Eh, I disagree. I've met some really cool pomeranians and you can trim them down/dye them to look like a tiny fox :3: But I can't really pick one from this list, there are no breed here I exclusively dislike. You should've put a dog from each class on this list (working, herding, sporting, non-sporting, toy, hound, and terrier). If you would've put a poodle I'd vote. Poodles are awesome and underrated.

FFNut
04-09-2016, 01:37 AM
My Oscar was half boarder collie and Half Dauchehound. Cutest combo ever. He had short stubby legs, giant head and ears and a long body. Plus he was a total chick magnet. I miss my little buddy.

Zanmato
04-09-2016, 10:01 AM
I chose German Shepherds because they're similar to wolfs and I love both of them! :love:

Kalevala
04-10-2016, 04:07 AM

No

Ugggggghhhhhh.