PDA

View Full Version : Remake a classic!

Fynn
04-15-2016, 05:01 PM
Which of these old non-FF SE games would you resurrect through a remake and what changes would you implement?

Wolf Kanno
04-15-2016, 08:54 PM
Out of the bunch listed, Xenogears would do well to get a proper remake, but without the original developers, I'm not sure about the quality. My next choice would be either Live A Live or the Romancing SaGa series as they were both denied to the West, so having the chance to play them without emulation would be pretty cool.

I really wish SE would just take the plunge and just release anthology style games of SaGa, Mana, and Front Mission. I don't need a graphical overhaul or remake, just translate the originals and mash them together in a set.

Vermachtnis
04-15-2016, 09:08 PM
As much as I'd like a real LiveALive release, I want a Xenogears with a proper Disc 2. I'd also say Seiken Densetsu 3 could use a remake.

Pheesh
04-16-2016, 01:54 AM
Kingdom Hearts is the only one of those I've played and it doesn't need a remake. If they wanted to release all the games in one bundle for PS4 I'd be down with that, to save me having to buy a new PS3, but yeah, graphically the game still holds up just fine.

Elly
04-16-2016, 02:57 PM
without a doubt Xenogears could benefit from a remake but only if Monolithsoft was involved...

Rez09
04-17-2016, 07:06 AM
Romancing SaGa already had a remake; it was on the PS2, and I hear it's pretty good, albeit with extremely questionable character designs. They've also remade SaGa 2 and 3 too, but I don't think they ever left Japan.

Looking at the options, I'm indifferent to the title, but Xenogears would probably benefit the most from a remake out of these. Live a Live, Threads of Fate, and Brave Fencer Musashi, while all decently enjoyable in their own right, always felt like fun one-off titles (though the latter did have a sequel I don't think anyone played), and I don't know if a remake would really improve them in any way or be especially economically viable. Secret of Mana and Parasite Eve could both stand for updates, as they feel a bit klunky when I play them now, but I don't know if remakes would especially improve either, though Secret probably has more room to be improved than PE does.

I really wish SE would just take the plunge and just release anthology style games of SaGa, Mana, and Front Mission. I don't need a graphical overhaul or remake, just translate the originals and mash them together in a set.

I absolutely agree with this - especially a Front Mission collection.