PDA

View Full Version : Sakaguchi gives his offical blessing to Final Fantasy XV

Freya
03-31-2016, 03:33 AM

At the Final Fantasy XV Uncovered event, Hironobu Sakaguchi came out to start the evenings proceedings.

Sakaguchi explained that Final Fantasy was like a child to him and as a father, it's been worrying him lately. To help with those fears, he had a conversation with director Hajime Tabata. After discussing the challenges of the series, Sakaguchi feels confident that Tabata and Final Fantasy XV will be true to the series.

Not only that, but composer Nobuo Uematsu left a video message also giving his blessing!

How do you think this bodes for Final Fantasy?

Fynn
03-31-2016, 06:28 AM
Great!

Formalhaut
03-31-2016, 11:38 AM
It's always good to get a thumbs up from those who worked on Final Fantasies in the past.

Fynn
03-31-2016, 11:41 AM
Even better when it's the guy that created the whole thing

Loony BoB
03-31-2016, 11:42 AM
I actually think this is a really good thing, it was sad when Sakaguchi was not so heavily involved with Square-Enix, but for him to appear at an official SE event or for him to appear in the credits of a new game is always a good thing. I like to think that he may not have agreed with everything that SE did, but that doesn't mean he isn't still friends with them, and that's a healthy way to be, really.

Fynn
03-31-2016, 11:48 AM
He did make FF Mobius, though, so the friendship was there.

I'm glad to see him endorse the game either way, though. Sure, they might have just paid him and this may just be a publicity thing, but I don't really think he would make an appearance if he wasn't really confident that XV will be a great Final Fantasy.

Glad to see so many people joining me on the hype train because of this ;)

Del Murder
04-04-2016, 06:12 PM
That's very cool.

Yar
04-06-2016, 06:17 PM
This is like Matt Groening saying the Simpsons is still great.

Loony BoB
04-07-2016, 11:34 AM
Not really - Matt Groening is an executive producer of the Simpsons to this day. Sakaguchi has not held a position at Square Enix for twelve years and hasn't been credited on an FF since FFXII - and that was only "special thanks". He has even gone on the record as saying "I hated Square, the whole business part of it" in an interview. So him giving his blessing is actually pretty notable.

Fynn
04-07-2016, 11:36 AM
Not really - Matt Groening is an executive producer of the Simpsons to this day. Sakaguchi has not held a position at Square Enix for twelve years and hasn't been credited on an FF since FFXII - and that was only "special thanks". He has even gone on the record as saying "I hated Square, the whole business part of it" in an interview. So him giving his blessing is actually pretty notable.

There's still Mobius. I know it wasn't released here (at least not yet) but he still made it for SE.

Loony BoB
04-07-2016, 11:37 AM
Yeah, I know, but my point is that he left Square after their relationship soured, which is absolutely nothing like Matt's situation with the Simpsons. :p

Fynn
04-07-2016, 11:51 AM
I know, i was just pointing out how his and SE's relationship is better than it was in recent years :jess:

Shauna
04-07-2016, 12:14 PM
If Matt Groening had said that up until recently The Simpsons was a complete shambles, but this next season is something he feels proud of it'd maybe be more like this situation, at a real stretch.