PDA

View Full Version : Judging FFXV's Final Fantasiness so far

Fynn
04-01-2016, 02:06 PM
Okay, so after Final Fantasy XIII refused to incorporate anything but the bare minimum of the series' distinct elements, lest we associate its greatness with the rabble that came before (seriously, you're not even giving us the prelude?), XV seems to be making up for it. Let's make a list of things we've already seen and those that we still want to see in FFXV that pay homage to the series roots!

Confirmed:

The Prelude in many promotional videos, so it's safe to expect it to appear in-game
Episode Duscae gave us the classic AAAAAAGG bass line from old school FF battle themes in that one theme where you enounter monsters
Moogles confirmed
Chocobos
Cactuars
Various monsters use classic Amano designs - Malboro, Garula, Goblin, Naga, Coeurl, Behemoth, etc.
Airship confirmed

What we'd like to see:

The Final Fantasy theme (also known as Prologue, and no, it's something completely different than the Prelude)
Is the victory fanfare in Duscae? If not, they should put it in the game, defo
Tonberries. Gotta love those

Pheesh
04-01-2016, 02:19 PM
I thought cactuars were confirmed.

Freya
04-01-2016, 02:21 PM
Yeah fynn! They are! :p

Fynn
04-01-2016, 02:27 PM
Amazing! What else we got?

Bubba
04-01-2016, 02:37 PM
There better be tonberries dagnammit or I'm gonna blow a gasket :colbert:

I don't know what a gasket is.

Sephiroth
04-01-2016, 05:03 PM
The Final Fantasy theme (also known as Prologue, and no, it's something completely different than the Prelude)

I think you mean the Theme that is literally called "Final Fantasy". Or "Staff Roll". Which in my opinion is not associated more with FF than the Prelude is as Main Theme (even though it actually is called Final Fantasy).

Is the victory fanfare in Duscae? If not, they should put it in the game, defo

While levelling up.

fat_moogle
04-01-2016, 05:51 PM
Moogles are confirmed?!

What?!

WHEN?!

That's the first I've heard of it!

Also yes, the victory fanfare features when levelling up. I'm hoping that it will also play after a boss fight like FFXII!