PDA

View Full Version : This weekend (8th of April) come join me in #eoff!!

Pheesh
04-06-2016, 09:17 AM
That's right people. It's everybody's favourite barren wasteland that doesn't receive nearly enough love these days, and I want you all to come help me bring some life to it.

The most recent drunk thread got me thinking about our old drunk threads, which were very often screen caps of people saying incredibly hilarious and embarrassing things while drunk in the #eoff chat room. The same thing went for the old 'out of context' threads. Some of my fondest memories from the forum were conversations I had with people in chat, and Night Fury and I never would have spoken quite as much if she hadn't decided to wander in there one day.

I'm going to stay in there all weekend long but my timezone isn't the best, so I'm hoping you guys help me out and make sure that we can make this weekend a fun and active one in #eoff. So whether you're always lurking in chat already, used to frequent it and stopped, have never been in there before, or simply always get disheartened by seeing "#eoff has been dead for 11 hours and 30 minutes", pop in for as long as you can, say hello, and see if you don't end up sticking around for longer.

The FAQ for chat is right here (http://home.eyesonff.com/faq.php?faq=chatroom_faq), which helps you set it up from an IRC client, or even your phone. Otherwise there's the handy chat link right at the top of the forum which lets you join from your browser.

I look forward to hopefully seeing you all in there this weekend!

Quindiana Jones
04-06-2016, 08:43 PM
I will be there and it will be just us. So romantic. :love:

Formalhaut
04-06-2016, 08:50 PM
If I can make it between working on papers, I'll say hello. :D

Shauna
04-06-2016, 09:08 PM
I am always there. Gimme a buzz when you're around, I can become active.

Galuf
04-06-2016, 09:54 PM
i quit when i feel bad, which i did. also im drunk now soooooooooo

Crop
04-06-2016, 11:48 PM
There was a time (around 2010 or 2011 I think) that for a fair few months I had some fantastic times in chat, back when it was really active.

A couple of years later I'm pretty sure chat led to the now incredibly popular and famous EoFF Christmas eve eve drunk Skype chat (book your place this year now folks!), that led to me meeting Jinx and Denmark, that led to me meeting Shauna and Matt, that culminated in the most incredible golf tournament the world has seen to date, Singh, what a God among us....a wedding was also involved somewhere in there I think. So yeah I owe chat a lot!

So yeah, think I may be able to make sometime Saturday evening, even if briefly.

Mirage
04-06-2016, 11:53 PM
If you think it's barren, you haven't really been there a lot.

Pheesh
04-06-2016, 11:59 PM
If you think it's barren, you haven't really been there a lot.

Not as active as it used to be, then. Either way, I couldn't tell you how many times over the last year or so I've jumped in just to see that no one has spoken in there for over 8 hours.

The point of this isn't to argue over semantics, it's to try and get people who haven't been in chat before, or used to go in there and don't anymore, to come and check it out and have fun.

Formalhaut
04-07-2016, 12:08 AM
To be fair, I used to frequent chat rather... frequently (yes, I know that's a bad construction), but I sort of dropped out the loop.

I kinda want to hear Jinx tell me stories from Hatoful Boyfriend, so now I'm even more curious.

Pheesh
04-07-2016, 12:10 AM
I kinda want to hear Jinx drunkenly tell me stories from Hatoful Boyfriend, so now I'm even more curious.

I amended that one for you >.>

Bubba
04-07-2016, 10:02 AM

Galuf
04-07-2016, 11:16 AM
When am i ever not there (except the last few days)

EDIT: looks like i already posted here. Cant remember

Pheesh
04-08-2016, 11:02 PM
The weekend is upon us! Don't forget to jump in and get a little silly when you have free time!

FFNut
04-09-2016, 02:25 AM
I used to always hop in to say hello but it's usually empty when I do. I'll see about getting some cider pops and jumping in for the hello's of it.

Shauna
04-09-2016, 10:19 AM
I used to always hop in to say hello but it's usually empty when I do. I'll see about getting some cider pops and jumping in for the hello's of it.

You need to hang around for more than two minutes. I often see you come in, say hello, and then just as you leave people respond to you. :P

Formalhaut
04-15-2016, 01:34 AM
Ugh, I missed this. I did have a good excuse (I was writing my dissertation), but I'll endeavour to pop in at some point soon!

Bubba
04-15-2016, 08:39 AM
Ugh, I missed this. I did have a good excuse (I was writing my dissertation), but I'll endeavour to pop in at some point soon!

It was great! You missed drunk Bubba and Galuf :p

Galuf
04-16-2016, 03:19 PM

It was great! You missed drunk Bubba and Galuf :p

i dont even remember tbh. but drunk Bubba is funny.

Ayen
06-27-2016, 07:08 AM
I'll be there with bells o--

Oh.

Christmas
03-27-2023, 01:42 PM
Are we doing this again? I wanna join! :bigsmile: