PDA

View Full Version : HOLY CRAP IT'S THAT VOICE ACTOR!!!

Fynn
04-06-2016, 10:11 AM
So let's talk about voice acting in games. Do you pay attention to them? Do you ever suddenly go "That's some classic Wendee Lee right there!" and punch the air in triumph?

I've been playing Pillars of Eternity lately and was very pleased to hear Matthew Mercer as Edér. But then I found out that Aloth, the Scottish elf with what I assume may be a split personality disorder, is actually also voiced by Matthew Mercer :onoes: My jaw literally dropped to the ground when I found out

Mr. Carnelian
04-06-2016, 10:22 AM
I pay some attention to voice acting. It's amazing how often the same names come up in different video games. Once you've noticed a particular voice actor who you've heard before, it's hard not to compare their performance in the game you're playing with the last game you heard them in.

Pike
04-06-2016, 11:14 AM
I've been playing Pillars of Eternity lately and was very pleased to hear Matthew Mercer as Edér. But then I found out that Aloth, the Scottish elf with what I assume may be a split personality disorder, is actually also voiced by Matthew Mercer :onoes: My jaw literally dropped to the ground when I found out

Oh man yeah this threw me for a loop when I found out too. (Also I'm in love with Aloth.)

Anyways obligatory shoutout to Gideon Emery :love: (Balthier, Lor'themar, Fenris, et al. :love: ) He's usually pretty recognizable but sometimes he still surprises me.

Fynn
04-06-2016, 11:26 AM
It's like, not only does Matt Mercer sound identical to Troy Baker, he is also capable of sounding like his complete opposite. I can't even

Fox
04-06-2016, 01:35 PM
Gideon-freaking-Emery. I know his voice a mile away and it is glorious.

James Arnold Taylor is another one. When he uses his normal voice he sounds just like Tidus, so it's easy to tell its him. But he also does a killer Ewan McGregor Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Also from anime, whenever Yoko Hikasa (Mio from K-On) or Nao Touyama (Karen from KinMoza - see pics ^^) crop up, I notice them pretty much immediately and feel smug about it.

Jinx
04-06-2016, 02:18 PM
Cree Summers, Tara Strong, and John DiMaggio are voices that show up all over games and television. It never stops astounding me how much stuff they all do.

Karifean
04-06-2016, 03:06 PM
Pretty sure I'd be able to recognize Mamoru Miyano and Midorikawa Hikaru anywhere and anytime. Love these two guys.

Fynn
04-06-2016, 03:09 PM
Pretty sure I'd be able to recognize Mamoru Miyano and Midorikawa Hikaru anywhere and anytime. Love these two guys.

I got the same thing with Hiroshi Kamiya. Anime is weird :p

Galuf
04-06-2016, 04:01 PM
When i first played FFX i was thinking Wakka sounded like the dog from adventure time. Turns out i was right. yay.

Fynn
04-06-2016, 04:09 PM
When i first played FFX i was thinking Wakka sounded like the dog from adventure time. Turns out i was right. yay.

He's also Kimahri and Migelo

Galuf
04-06-2016, 04:21 PM

He's also Kimahri and Migelo

No way.

not Migelo.
daaaamn.

Migelo is cool.

Shauna
04-06-2016, 04:25 PM
He's also Bender Bending Rodriguez.

Matt and I like to play the "Is it Tara Strong?!" game, although that has recently been moving on to the "Is it Laura Bailey?!", at an alarming pace.

Spuuky
04-06-2016, 05:18 PM
All the voice-actors I recognize are just all the Xenosaga voice actors, in whatever context I find them. Wandering through random games I often discover Albedo or Margulis.

Madame Adequate
04-06-2016, 05:52 PM
Yep another huge Gideon Emery fan here, it's hard to miss him (but occasionally I still do, like with Taliesen in DA:O)! Also enjoy spotting Tara Strong.

Quindiana Jones
04-08-2016, 05:25 PM
Obviously, Gideon Emery. To such an extent that whenever I play Skyrim, I get mad pissed that he's just the voice of an Imperial. If I hired Gideon Emery, he'd voice the most dashing, charismatic and glorious creature in the universe, as he did in FFXII.

If we are counting anime, then I'll say a few voices from Naruto. It was my first anime, and when I moved onto my second, Bleach, it was amazing to hear Sasuke in it. And then Tsunade showed up in a filler arc, and I loved it.