PDA

View Full Version : Your best pick up line?

Chemical
04-07-2016, 03:37 AM
What's your best pick up line?

I literally just:

If you don't have plans this weekend would you like to eat coco puffs and watch blue planet?

Pheesh
04-07-2016, 04:50 AM
No need, one look and everyone in the club knows what's up...

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/29/a2/09/29a20964d2a0fc98a482663e5034f26c.jpg

qwertysaur
04-07-2016, 06:16 AM
I don't announce when I retrieve items that have fallen on the floor. :p

Psychotic
04-07-2016, 07:19 AM
Pls.

Fynn
04-07-2016, 10:08 AM
It's just kind of the sound yaks make

Bubba
04-07-2016, 10:50 AM
Never used one. I don't treat the opposite sex as some alien species that need to be tricked with words. I tend to talk to them like a normal person and have a laugh. This approach worked very well for me back in my twenties.

Zanmato
04-07-2016, 11:22 AM
Never used one. I don't treat the opposite sex as some alien species that need to be tricked with words. I tend to talk to them like a normal person and have a laugh. This approach worked very well for me back in my twenties.

This one!
Bubba, you're my master!
I prefer a friendly approach because it's the most natural approach and women really appreciate that. :hattip:

Fynn
04-07-2016, 11:38 AM
Well, obviously, you want to treat human beings as human beings because the best foundation for a good relationship is friendship first.

But there is a certain allure in making velociraptor noises at the sight of your crush

Zanmato
04-07-2016, 11:50 AM
Well, obviously, you want to treat human beings as human beings because the best foundation for a good relationship is friendship first.

But there is a certain allure in making velociraptor noises at the sight of your crush
Those "velociraptor's noises" aren't charmful because they're so disturbing, at least in my opinion. :lol:

The Summoner of Leviathan
04-07-2016, 01:13 PM
Wait, people use pick-up lines? I thought you're just supposed to send pics of your genitalia?

Formalhaut
04-07-2016, 01:15 PM
Wait, people use pick-up lines? I thought you're just supposed to send pics of your genitalia?

Only on Grindr, TSoL.

SammieBabe
04-07-2016, 01:16 PM
In my younger single days, my pick-up lines were a push-up bra and a low cut shirt.
Sure, I probably wasn't helping the feminist cause, but I was 21 and more interested in where the drink specials were.

04-07-2016, 01:17 PM
But that's how I met my boyfriend!

(Incidentally, there was no dick pics involve and I impressed him with intelligent conversation.)

Formalhaut
04-07-2016, 01:19 PM

(Incidentally, there was no dick pics involve and I impressed him with intelligent conversation.)

What did you guys talk about? I can only imagine based on the conversations in Academia that you impressed him with intelligent debates over theology.

FFNut
04-07-2016, 01:20 PM
My buddy Jamie and I would each give each other one we had to use when we went out. My favourite one he game me was

Girl is that a keg in your pants...
cause id love to tap that.

They never worked and it was for more of a game than anything but it was fun.

Fynn
04-07-2016, 01:24 PM

Only on Grindr, TSoL.

That is the single most innocent line I have ever hear :p Which is interesting, considering it mentions Grindr

04-07-2016, 01:27 PM

What did you guys talk about? I can only imagine based on the conversations in Academia that you impressed him with intelligent debates over theology.

It was because I figured out what his job, a therapist in radio-oncology, was. Then we talked about everything. In other words, I wasn't an idiot or a big pervert that just wanted to get into his pants. I mean who'd think that treating someone like a person would actually work? (Sarcasm directed at the many infuriating things guys would say and do on Grindr).

Pheesh
04-07-2016, 01:46 PM

Pfft, obviously I wasn't good enough for your 'intelligent conversation'. It was just an onslaught of dick pics when you were wooing me! :colbert:

04-07-2016, 01:54 PM

Pfft, obviously I wasn't good enough for your 'intelligent conversation'. It was just an onslaught of dick pics when you were wooing me! :colbert:

:luv:

But how else was I gonna convert a straight guy if not by over-exposure?

Fynn
04-07-2016, 01:58 PM
https://media.riffsy.com/images/9be12bae6146b9f74bd311faeb06d515/raw

FFNut
04-07-2016, 02:16 PM
This is sounding like you take a pick of your junk and walk around asking people if they have seen your friend, then show them the picture.

Aerith's Knight
04-07-2016, 04:20 PM
There is no "pick up line". You look at a woman, identify her better points, then compliment those. Make her feel unique, and mention in some words that you had to take a chance because it was her.

Man, if I was actually good-looking, this would all be so much easier.

Madame Adequate
04-07-2016, 04:37 PM
"Are you a donut? 'Cause I want to pump you full of cream and cover you in glaze."

Chemical
04-08-2016, 08:47 AM
"I'm the droid you're looking for" has worked out well.
I'm writing this one down.

It sure beats my "If you were a booger I'd pick you first."

Kalevala
04-08-2016, 08:37 PM
"Hey so uh we both know Sarah, heh, neat"

Formalhaut
04-08-2016, 09:17 PM
It was because I figured out what his job, a therapist in radio-oncology, was. Then we talked about everything. In other words, I wasn't an idiot or a big pervert that just wanted to get into his pants. I mean who'd think that treating someone like a person would actually work? (Sarcasm directed at the many infuriating things guys would say and do on Grindr).

To be honest, I'm not a fan of Grindr. I mean, I've never actually used it (and before any says, that's not a suspiciously specific denial (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SuspiciouslySpecificDenial)), and I'm really fortunate that Mr. Carny met me before I entered any sort of dating scene.

Like TSoL, I really prefer getting to know people first and enjoying their company, before even entertaining the idea of being with them. Part of that is probably my demi tendencies, and the fact that I never consciously went out looking for people to be with (until Mr. Carny bumped into me, of course).

And I'm uncomfortable with the idea of hook-ups and one-night stands. I'm not about policing people's bodies, and I have no objection to it, I just don't find the idea appealing. And some of the stories I hear from people who's used Grindr or Tinder make me laugh, if they weren't also kinda sad either.

Fun story: one of my friends uses Grindr and arranged a hook-up at the guy's house. The first words the guy said was that they'd have to be quiet because his mother's asleep. I'm honestly surprised that didn't make him go soft, but they ended up going into the shed and doing it there. I mean, got to give them bonus points for dedication and improvisation, but I was relieved that neither of them got nailed by a power tool.

Fynn
04-08-2016, 09:19 PM

To be honest, I'm not a fan of Grindr. I mean, I've never actually used it (and before any says, that's not a suspiciously specific denial (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SuspiciouslySpecificDenial)), and I'm really fortunate that Mr. Carny met me before I entered any sort of dating scene.

Like TSoL, I really prefer getting to know people first and enjoying their company, before even entertaining the idea of being with them. Part of that is probably my demi tendencies, and the fact that I never consciously went out looking for people to be with (until Mr. Carny bumped into me, of course).

And I'm uncomfortable with the idea of hook-ups and one-night stands. I'm not about policing people's bodies, and I have no objection to it, I just don't find the idea appealing. And some of the stories I hear from people who's used Grindr or Tinder make me laugh, if they weren't also kinda sad either.

Fun story: one of my friends uses Grindr and arranged a hook-up at the guy's house. The first words the guy said was that they'd have to be quiet because his mother's asleep. I'm honestly surprised that didn't make him go soft, but they ended up going into the shed and doing it there. I mean, got to give them bonus points for dedication and improvisation, but I was relieved that neither of them got nailed by a power tool.

Jesus, Formy :onoes:

Chemical
04-08-2016, 09:25 PM
I feel like doing it in a shed because your mother is asleep is just whole new level.

Pumpkin
04-10-2016, 01:35 AM
Well after I get to know the person and I decide I like them romantically, I usually go in with

"I like you, would you like to date?"

So far it has 100% accuracy

04-10-2016, 02:42 AM

Lmao, yeah there are quite the characters on Grindr. Girls looking for GBFs, headless torsos, closet cases, offering money, etc...

BUT FUN STORIES! Oh so many fun stories!

Vasher
04-10-2016, 09:22 AM
Never used "pick up" lines.

A couple I've heard;

"Girl, you must be exhausted, because you've been running through my mind all day".

"You must be wearing mirror pants, because I can totally see myself in them".

In HS, a workout buddy and I would "holla" at girls as they walked by. Not being serious, of course, just to be "goofy". We'd say stuff like "hey, have you seen my new hair cut?" *pointing at hair, bisep flex*. "Check out my new shoes" *pointing at shoes, tricep flex*. As offensive as it is, we'd get the most giggles from "Do you have any Irish in you?", followed by "you want some?". Horrible.

I can't recall a girl having attempted a "pick up" line. First gf in HS just came over to me in class, grabbed my butt, and introduced herself. Most common in passing was a simple "I don't normally do this, but..." and offer their number.

Mr. Carnelian
04-10-2016, 12:51 PM
Well after I get to know the person and I decide I like them romantically, I usually go in with

"I like you, would you like to date?"

So far it has 100% accuracy

Same. Used it on Formy, worked like a charm.

I only ever actually heard a pick-up line used in real life once, and I can't remember what it was. This gorgeous guy came up to me at this SU Club night and used some kind of line. I was wearing a polo shirt and a stripy jumper (it was cold on the way over, and I didn't have enough change for the cloakroom), so he must have been really into nerdy looking guys, I guess. I only heard a couple of words over the music, but it was DEFINTELY a pick-up line. He grabbed my butt. This all gave me a massive ego-boost, I've got to say. Of course, I was already going out with Formy at this point, so I politely declined. He nodded, looked a bit disappointed - which was also VERY gratifying to my self esteem - and moved away.

Quindiana Jones
04-10-2016, 01:42 PM
The pet insurance one and Alan Davies'.