PDA

View Full Version : Favourite sections of favourite games?

Pumpkin
04-08-2016, 05:35 PM
So the opposite of the other thread. You love these games for a variety of reasons, I assume, but what is the BEST section of the game. Which section makes you more excited than all of the others, the part you just can't wait to reach?

Karifean
04-08-2016, 06:07 PM
Umineko no Naku Koro ni: End + Requiem of the Golden Witch.
Little Busters!: Refrain.
CLANNAD: After Story.
Tomoyo After: Tomoyo After After.
G-senjou no Maou: Haru chapter.
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni: Meakashi-hen (Ch.5).
Muv-Luv Alternative: PTSD arc.
Rewrite: Lucia's route.
Final Fantasy VII: Sidequesting after getting Cloud back.
Final Fantasy VIII: Sidequesting after getting the Ragnarok.
Final Fantasy X: Zanarkand Ruins.
Final Fantasy X-2: Via Infinito.
Final Fantasy XII: Trial Mode Stages 91-100.

Fynn
04-08-2016, 06:14 PM
Unpopular opinion!

The prologue section of KHII was the best part of the game!

Formalhaut
04-08-2016, 06:21 PM
That's unpopular, Fynn? I thought the prologue was the best bit about it as well.

Fynn
04-08-2016, 06:26 PM
You'd be surprised

Midgar Mist
04-09-2016, 04:42 PM
FF7 is at its most interesting from present time Mount Nibel up to the space mission. The most interesting missions, magic, items and plots are found in this section.

Forsaken Lover
04-09-2016, 06:10 PM
The Landsmeet in Dagon Age Origins.

The end of Act 2 in Dragon Age II

Old Miltia in Xenosaga Episode III

Suicide Mission and Mordin's Loyalty Mission in Mass Effect 2

The ending to FFXIII-2.

Pumpkin
04-10-2016, 12:53 AM
Hold on to your hats, this is going to be a big one. I like games okay! Spoilers, also

Final Fantasy IX - Too many good ones but I would probably go now with when Brahne dies. It's a really powerful moment and shows the complexity of the relationship between Garnet and her mother. Also things really take a turn after that. Overall disc 3 is my favourite though.

Final Fantasy VIII - Attack on Garden. I dunno, I just find it exciting!

Majora's Mask - When you first rewind time and get to start exploring as human Link.

Dark Cloud 2 - The Shingala story is sweet and touching and the area is beautiful. Also a lot of outfits start opening up around then~

Tales of Symphonia - The hot/cold beverage thing. It shows that while Lloyd may originally seem to be an idiot hero, he's a lot smarter than he seems. Also shows how far along Colette is.

Suikoden V - The castle invasion near the beginning. Some gut-punches in there and it's the point where the story moves in to more serious territory.

Suikoden III - Luc's scenario. I love him and Sarah in their messed up, dysfunctional way.

Suikoden II - Predictable but the fight against Luca is epic.

Suikoden I - The ending with the emperor and Windy. It shows that Suikoden villains aren't quite so black and white.

Final Fantasy X - When you first get to the Calm Lands. So much has happened and you can just feel the weight of it all.

Final Fantasy XIII - Lake Bresha just because it is gorgeous.

Tales of Xillia - The first plot twist with the lance which really makes it stand out as not just another generic plot.

Xenosaga III - The return of Albedo because it was sweet and there was so much going on and Abel's Ark music is the best.

Fairy Fencer F - When my favourite character croaks because it was pretty heart wrenching and added some depth to the otherwise silly game.

Legend of Mana - Matilda's resolve. While I might not agree with her on everything, I appreciate her strong conviction and it was a powerful moment.

Tales of Graces f - The end of the child arc. Stuff gets srs.

Mass Effect 2 - Jacob's loyalty mission. I dunno, I just enjoyed it and the choices that came with it.

Those are the ones I can think of right now!

Pete for President
04-10-2016, 08:41 AM