PDA

View Full Version : Jinx and Denmark take the UK!

Jinx
04-10-2016, 03:53 AM
So, well probably be visiting between Aug 10-24 (I think that's when Dat Matt told me he can get time off). Naturally, we want to meet all of you lovely Brits, so of you'd like to meet us, let us know so we can schedule you in. We're trying to make an itinerary. I will say, if you're able to travel to meet us, it'll be way easier for us to make time for you. Also, lol, just inviting people to the Shaunas' house. But please, let us know!!!

Formalhaut
04-10-2016, 03:57 AM
So, well probably be visiting between Aug 10-24 (I think that's when Dat Matt told me he can get time off). Naturally, we want to meet all of you lovely Brits, so of you'd like to meet us, let us know so we can schedule you in. We're trying to make an itinerary. I will say, if you're able to travel to meet us, it'll be way easier for us to make time for you. Also, lol, just inviting people to the Shaunas' house. But please, let us know!!!

I know we talked about this earlier, but me and Mr. Carny would love to visit and meet everyone! And I've never been to Scotland, and August is a great time for us (so far, anyway).

Basically, a massive yes.

Crop
04-10-2016, 10:43 AM
Yeah you know I'm in. I can come up no problem.

Shauna
04-10-2016, 11:11 AM
Just so everyone knows, we are okay with people staying at our place if need be.

Dat Matt
04-10-2016, 11:15 AM
Our rates are reasonable.

PS 8th -19th is probably when I'll book off.

Galuf
04-10-2016, 12:32 PM
Enjoy the scottish lands Jinx and those who are going. goodluck.

Quindiana Jones
04-10-2016, 01:44 PM
I live in Bristol, which is very similar to Scotland insofar as you'll have no clue what people are bloody saying.

Tentative yes from me. Will confirm a more solid yes when I can. But god, I would love this. I've still never been to Scotland! D:

starlet
04-10-2016, 02:41 PM
You're not going in June so it doesn't matter :colbert:

Formalhaut
04-10-2016, 03:50 PM
Just so everyone knows, we are okay with people staying at our place if need be.

How big is your house?!

Shauna
04-10-2016, 03:51 PM
It all makes sense with these words: it's technically my Dad's house.

He just stays at his girlfriend's flat most of the time, and we have free run of the house and can essentially do what we want. It's a 4 bedroom house.

Formalhaut
04-10-2016, 03:52 PM
It all makes sense with these words: it's technically my Dad's house.

He just stays at his girlfriend's flat most of the time, and we have free run of the house and can essentially do what we want. It's a 4 bedroom house.

That sounds like a pretty sweet deal.

Shauna
04-10-2016, 03:53 PM
Aye, it's not bad. It's just a shame it's in the arse end of nowhere.

Madame Adequate
04-10-2016, 04:28 PM
*Pens in notebook carefully*

Make... sure... out of country... august...

Calliope
04-10-2016, 06:36 PM
JinxCon?

Psychotic
04-11-2016, 07:49 AM
Will you be visiting the Carphone Warehouse?

Shauna
04-11-2016, 08:43 AM
Good idea! I'll take her to visit the local.

Shauna
04-11-2016, 03:31 PM
I hope you are prepared for disappointment.

(I have booked my time off 6-21st August BRING IT ON)

Psychotic
04-11-2016, 03:58 PM
Aside from the Carphone Warehouse and Glasgow, where else are you off to?

Madame Adequate
04-11-2016, 06:03 PM
Steve will find you :ohdear:

Psychotic
04-11-2016, 06:04 PM
I'm a p good EoFFer London tour guide if you want one. I can produce testimonials if required.

"Better than Steve" said one anonymous EoFFer. "68% less sex offender-y" they went on to say.

Psychotic
04-11-2016, 07:11 PM
*Pens in notebook carefully*

Make... sure... out of country... august...fyi guys i know where this man lives i've been to his house i will take you there we can find him and baste him good and proper.

Madame Adequate
04-11-2016, 07:38 PM
I'm a p good EoFFer London tour guide if you want one. I can produce testimonials if required.

"Better than Steve" said one anonymous EoFFer. "68% less sex offender-y" they went on to say.

That's still the second most sex offender-y Brit ever.

Jimmy Savile in a very distant third.

Sephex
04-11-2016, 07:45 PM

That's still the second most sex offender-y Brit ever.

Jimmy Savile in a very distant third.

This is true. I hung out with Psychotic once and he put a broomstick up my butthole only seven times.

Madame Adequate
04-12-2016, 12:04 AM
Should have seen what he did to my poor cat :G

Mr. Carnelian
04-12-2016, 12:50 AM
jolly old london town

Me and Formy live not too far from London!

Colonel Angus
04-12-2016, 06:48 AM
I thought all Brits lived in London, except for Robin Hood & the Prince of Wales.

Pheesh
04-12-2016, 07:19 AM
I thought all Brits lived in London, except for Robin Hood & the Prince of Wales.

Nope, all the retired ones are here in Australia.

Mr. Carnelian
04-12-2016, 10:03 AM

Or in Spain.

Seriously though, a huge proportion of our population lives either in London or within two or three hours drive from it. The South-East is very densely populated compared to the rest of the country.

Night Fury
04-12-2016, 11:38 AM
I hope I'm not still in the UK in August, but if I am I can swing up to Glasgow for sure. London is too expensive, so it'll be a Scotty meet for me.

I will bring gifts and things and I'm a top houseguest.

Shauna
04-12-2016, 11:56 AM
you better be :argh:

Loony BoB
04-12-2016, 12:00 PM
Oh, nice! Will you guys be visiting Edinburgh or should I head your way for a potential meet?

Psychotic
04-12-2016, 12:50 PM
Daniel Towns offering to leave Edinburgh for a meet? I never thought I'd see the day! :monocle:

Loony BoB
04-12-2016, 01:07 PM
Well, it's still Scotland. I can make do. But if they're coming to Edinburgh anyway then better to meet them here and show them around town or something, especially if it's August and the festival is in full swing. Would be nice to go see a show or two!

Galuf
04-12-2016, 01:53 PM
Well, it's still Scotland. I can make do. But if they're coming to Edinburgh anyway then better to meet them here and show them around town or something, especially if it's August and the festival is in full swing. Would be nice to go see a show or two!

thats a big town to show them around :lol:

Madame Adequate
04-12-2016, 04:49 PM

thats a big town to show them around :lol:

Precious, precious Scots :3:

Shauna
04-12-2016, 05:13 PM
Edinburgh is tiny.

And defos especially because it'll be the festival.

Psychotic
04-12-2016, 05:25 PM
Well, it's still Scotland. I can make do. But if they're coming to Edinburgh anyway then better to meet them here and show them around town or something, especially if it's August and the festival is in full swing. Would be nice to go see a show or two!What's on? Is Ed Byrne coming back? You made me fall in love with the man.

Loony BoB
04-12-2016, 05:56 PM
Won't find out until closer to the time. There will be loads on though, it's never anything but busy in August. I'll probably book a week or two off work and... play video games.

Quindiana Jones
04-12-2016, 06:06 PM

Or in Spain.

Seriously though, a huge proportion of our population lives either in London or within two or three hours drive from it. The South-East is very densely populated compared to the rest of the country.

An entire third of the country lives within Greater London. Crazy.

Psychotic
04-12-2016, 06:14 PM

Or in Spain.

An entire third of the country lives within Greater London. Crazy.And yet despite EoFF having a large group of Brits, how many of us actually live there? Steve, and that's about it.

Crop
04-12-2016, 09:14 PM
Wales is boring, I'm coming to Edinburgh with everyone!

Aulayna
04-12-2016, 10:11 PM
I can come up no problem.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Loony BoB
04-13-2016, 10:41 AM
Looks like Jinx & Denmark coming to the UK has suddenly brought on the possibility of that big massive EoFF world meetup happening after all. :p

Night Fury
04-13-2016, 11:14 AM
I will only be able to do one Scottish trip and that'll be Glasgow probably.

If I'm even there haha.

Shauna
04-13-2016, 12:39 PM
Glasgow is better than Edinburgh anyway. :shrug:

Loony BoB
04-13-2016, 12:42 PM
Shauna's place is free to stay at which makes it a much more viable choice for group meetups. Edinburgh accommodation is expensive during festival season and my place is too small to host more than a few people. Not to mention my place is pretty crap.

Galuf
04-13-2016, 12:48 PM
Inverkiething is better than Both Glasgow and Edinburgh

not really, its actually really boring. but atleast its close to Edinburgh. so thats cool, get to get lost in edinburgh easier.

Psychotic
04-13-2016, 12:50 PM
hey guys who wants to meet in manchester

Night Fury
04-13-2016, 12:59 PM
I could probably do a Manchester meet.

Shauna
04-13-2016, 01:04 PM
hey guys who wants to meet in manchester

Let's do it!

Psychotic
04-13-2016, 01:19 PM
I'm the last surviving veteran of the one and only EoFF Manchester meet of 2005. My first action was to floor Lenna.

Loony BoB
04-13-2016, 01:25 PM
Manchester. Birmingham. Urgh. I'd rather go to London. You people and your boring central cities.

Shauna
04-13-2016, 01:27 PM
Fine then. Let's all meet up at Gorebridge after 2pm and then starve to death. :colbert:

Loony BoB
04-13-2016, 01:40 PM
Meanwhile, in Manchester

http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/660/cpsprodpb/E957/production/_87453795_030754681-1.jpg

Psychotic
04-13-2016, 01:41 PM
Said the Manchester United fan. Also nobody said the B word!

Loony BoB
04-13-2016, 01:43 PM
Yeah but you guys always pick the boring places! I mean you could at least go for York...

Psychotic
04-13-2016, 03:02 PM
Oh yeah I forgot why we don't have meet ups anymore. The initial wave of enthusiasm being replaced by the inevitable "but City Name sucks, you should go to City Near Me!" spiral.

Who wants to form a string quartet with me to play while the thread sinks?

Pheesh
04-13-2016, 03:19 PM
If you'll remember, I tried several times to campaign to have the meetup switched to the Shaunas' place, because they have the room and it would also be cheaper. But nooooooooo, it haaaaaaaaad to be in Looooooooooooooondon.

fuck y'all :mad2:

It could have been held via skype in everyone's respective living room, without anyone having to change their routine in the slightest and it still would have fallen through.

Formalhaut
04-13-2016, 03:47 PM
Oh for pity's sake, can you guys just choose a location in the U.K and stick to it. :p

I still think Scotland sounds like an awesome idea, for the record.

Loony BoB
04-13-2016, 03:51 PM
If you'll remember, I tried several times to campaign to have the meetup switched to the Shaunas' place, because they have the room and it would also be cheaper. But nooooooooo, it haaaaaaaaad to be in Looooooooooooooondon.

smurf y'all :mad2:
I completely agree it should be at the Shaunas (they have a pretty awesome pad, loads of space) and will happily play host if/when you guys trip it up to Edinburgh. I'd really love to take you to a decent comedy show or something, we saw Game of Thrones the musical last year and it was hilarious.

Shauna
04-13-2016, 03:52 PM
tbf I think we're planning on travelling a bit, so we're not sticking to one location because we plan on being in Glasgow and Edinburgh and London and Eyemouth.

EDIT: I have housed almost 30 people in my place. There is floor sleeping required for those unlucky enough not to bagsy a bed, but...

Loony BoB
04-13-2016, 03:53 PM
Eyemouth. :D

Formalhaut
04-13-2016, 04:06 PM
Well, I've never explored Scotland, so I'm down for roaming.

Psychotic
04-13-2016, 04:21 PM
Who wants to meet up in Bognor Regis?

Loony BoB
04-13-2016, 04:41 PM
I dunno, man. It has 'bog' in it.

Pheesh
04-13-2016, 04:54 PM
I would have gone if you hosted it in Milton Keynes. Seriously, I keep asking Tara to take me there and she never will. I have a morbid fascination with that town. It calls to me for strange reasons beyond explanation.

Formalhaut
04-13-2016, 04:55 PM
Why MK? There's nothing terribly special about it.

Pheesh
04-13-2016, 04:57 PM
Strange reasons beyond explanation~~~ I truly believe my destiny, the culmination of my life's work, waits for me in Milton Keynes.

...Probably in the back booth of a small pub somewhere.

Loony BoB
04-13-2016, 04:59 PM
Milton Keynes is the kind of town that you put into Google Image Search and get depressed about because it's just that dull.

Loony BoB
04-13-2016, 05:27 PM
Yeah, Phil, you liar.

Psychotic
04-13-2016, 05:29 PM
Milton Keynes is truly awful. My parents took me and a brother on a shopping trip there as lads because they'd heard it had some big huge mall and it's not too far from me. My defining memory is of a strange woman forcing us to wear card baseball caps. I don't quite recall how this scenario came to be but when I always pass through MK on my way to London, I let out an involuntary shudder.

Pheesh
04-13-2016, 05:31 PM
Milton Keynes is truly awful. My parents took me and a brother on a shopping trip there as lads because they'd heard it had some big huge mall and it's not too far from me. My defining memory is of a strange woman forcing us to wear card baseball caps. I don't quite recall how this scenario came to be but when I always pass through MK on my way to London, I let out an involuntary shudder.

Sounds amazing to me. Milton Keynes truly is a mystical place.

Psychotic
04-13-2016, 05:33 PM
As a man who proclaims to hate how grey the UK is though, fair warning: Milton Keynes is the very greyest the UK gets. It's peak grey. You need to build up your grey tolerance before you go anywhere near it.

Night Fury
04-13-2016, 05:38 PM
My Milton Keynes story is also strange, and also a joke at how terrible a place it is.

I used to be a member of a woman's forum when I was younger, anyway, for some reason this kind of 'in-joke' came about that there was an airport at Milton Keynes (there isn't.) Anyway, whenever someone would mention that they were travelling, they would always be departing from Milton Keynes airport.

So yeah, there you go. Another really bizzare tale of Milton Keynes.

Formalhaut
04-13-2016, 05:39 PM
I recommend reading 'Fifty Shades of Grey' to truly understand how grey Milton Keynes is.

Pheesh
04-13-2016, 05:40 PM
As a man who proclaims to hate how grey the UK is though, fair warning: Milton Keynes is the very greyest the UK gets. It's peak grey. You need to build up your grey tolerance before you go anywhere near it.

Maybe the rest of the UK wasn't grey enough. Perhaps my edginess and distaste for the gloom of England was there because I was only getting a small taste of the monotone glory that awaits me in Milton Keynes. Or maybe I'll find myself there one day and the clouds will part on my arrival, bringing about a long and fruitful summer for all the townsfolk.

Either way, the whole discussion is moot because Night Fury won't go within 50 miles of the place. So it'll have to be a pilgrimage I take for myself. A solo journey of discovery and reflection, where Milton Keynes becomes one with me, and I, one with it.

Psychotic
04-13-2016, 05:41 PM
And have you guys seen the roads? Just look it up on Google Maps (not street view, you need a strong stomach for that) Just look at it! How un-British is that? Oh look at us with our neat criss crossing American grid roads! Get to smurf with that.

Either way, the whole discussion is moot because Night Fury won't go within 50 miles of the place. Just looked it up. I live 32 miles away.

Night Fury
04-13-2016, 05:41 PM
I recommend visiting your local paint store and perusing their 50 shades of grey to understand how grey Milton Keynes is.

Formalhaut
04-13-2016, 05:43 PM
They honestly should have a sign saying "Abandon hope all ye who enter here." It'd make the place more interesting.

It's massively in need of a Splatoon squad to give it some colour.

Pheesh
04-13-2016, 05:44 PM
And have you guys seen the roads? Just look it up on Google Maps (not street view, you need a strong stomach for that) Just look at it! How un-British is that? Oh look at us with our neat criss crossing American grid roads! Get to smurf with that.

Either way, the whole discussion is moot because Night Fury won't go within 50 miles of the place. Just looked it up. I live 32 miles away.

Yeah I forgot that everything in your tiny country is within 50 miles of everything else. My larger point still stands though.

Pheesh
04-13-2016, 05:46 PM
TO MILTON KEYNES!

http://static02.mediaite.com/themarysue/uploads/2015/10/holy-grail-3.jpg

Psychotic
04-13-2016, 05:47 PM
Look man, I'm trying to save you from yourself here. It's like if someone said "Oh boy, I've just found the best place to store my forks - this power outlet!" You slap them round the back of the head and give them a firm no. It's just the decent thing to do as a human being.

Psychotic
04-13-2016, 05:50 PM
I've been! Frodo didn't say "oh hey you know where was fun? Mount Doom, let's do that shit again" did he?

Pheesh
04-13-2016, 05:51 PM
Look man, I'm trying to save you from yourself here. It's like if someone said "Oh boy, I've just found the best place to store my forks - this power outlet!" You slap them round the back of the head and give them a firm no. It's just the decent thing to do as a human being.

I appreciate that, but for all I know I have to electrocute myself in Milton Keynes to make up for all of England's sins. You don't tell Ghandi not to starve himself for what he believes in and you don't stop a man visiting Milton Keynes if he is called by a force stronger than himself.

Formalhaut
04-13-2016, 05:51 PM
Some horrible things in life just have to be witnessed in person. Otherwise the full force of grey cannot be truly realised.

Pheesh
04-13-2016, 05:57 PM
I've been! Frodo didn't say "oh hey you know where was fun? Mount Doom, let's do that shit again" did he?

Cause Frodo was a bitch. On the other hand Bilbo was like "I'm getting the hell out of the shire and heading off with the Elves baby!!

...Straight to Milton Keynes! Let's fucking go Elrond!"

Psychotic
04-13-2016, 05:59 PM
And they were both so horribly scarred from the experience they had to go to Valinor (my vote is Stratford-upon-Avon) for a short recuperation period of forever.

Night Fury
04-13-2016, 06:07 PM
I'll go with you Pheesh. Then we can drive by NF's house and moon her and give her the finger.

I WON'T SEE YOU FOR THE HEDGES AND SHRUBS!

Aulayna
04-13-2016, 07:03 PM
One of these years I might actually be back in the UK for one of these gatherings.

Mr. Carnelian
04-14-2016, 02:09 AM
MK isn't THAT bad. It has... uh... that indoor ski slope! And shopping centres! And that tacky Indian restaurant that looks like a miniature Taj Mahal! And a theatre!

Formalhaut
04-14-2016, 02:32 AM
If you believe grid-based city design is the perfect metaphor for the dull, grinding prison that is your existence, then Milton Keynes is the place for you!

Zeldy
04-20-2016, 08:48 PM
Meanwhile, in Manchester

http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/660/cpsprodpb/E957/production/_87453795_030754681-1.jpg

yup xD

Denmark
04-26-2016, 03:41 AM
i started reading this fucking thread and it got too off-topic so i just skipped to the end

we will be arriving in glasgow the morning of august 9th and departing from glasgow the afternoon of august 18th. your tiny country has extensive public transportation and i would like to go to more places than just glasgow.

Madame Adequate
04-26-2016, 05:10 AM
And they were both so horribly scarred from the experience they had to go to Valinor (my vote is Stratford-upon-Avon) for a short recuperation period of forever.

Stratford is absolutely lovely and both Rye and Pike can attest to this!

e; lmao rob thinks there's extensive public transportation here who has been telling porkies?

Shauna
04-26-2016, 08:26 AM
I may have mentioned that trains run in the UK, and sometimes if you're lucky, on time.

Psychotic
04-26-2016, 08:28 AM
Yesterday I caught a train that was only four minutes late! No bullshit, I promise.

Shauna
04-26-2016, 11:42 AM
First class travel!

So, it seems the plans are visiting Edinburgh and London, with a party at mine at some point. Maybe we'll also venture out of the cities and see some cool places. Not that I know of many because I don't venture out of the cities.

Loony BoB
04-26-2016, 11:53 AM
I have the two weeks booked off so basically I'm fine for whatever you guys come up with. I always book off two weeks in August anyways, so it was just convenient for me more than anything!

Shauna
04-26-2016, 03:54 PM
Some day between the 10th and the 17th, I think. :p Honestly, it's all dependent on when everyone else is available, because we have all the time off.

Weekend be best? During the week?

Denmark
04-26-2016, 10:18 PM

Stratford is absolutely lovely and both Rye and Pike can attest to this!

e; lmao rob thinks there's extensive public transportation here who has been telling porkies?

well i mean compared to #murica

Mirage
04-26-2016, 10:21 PM
If I have any money left from our eurotrip extravaganza, I might come over :p. It's a reasonably short and cheap flight.

Shauna
05-05-2016, 11:43 AM
After some thought, probably be best to do the weekend for any meets at our place - so the 13th August. So, after Jinx & Den arrive, we can do some things around Scotland, have people up to party, and then leave for some adventures in Engerland the next day (or there abouts)!

How does this sound for y'all?

Psychotic
05-05-2016, 12:56 PM
Yeah I'm cool! I'm looking forward to spending time with some/any of you!

Shauna
05-05-2016, 01:16 PM
Perfect! We'll have a birthday party!

Crop
05-05-2016, 01:21 PM
Would anything be happening on the Friday evening? Or is it better to just head up on the Saturday?

Shauna
05-05-2016, 01:28 PM
Come up early if you want, just let us know so we can make sure to collect you from the appropriate train stations or whatever.

Clo
05-05-2016, 04:49 PM
And then Jinx and Denmark take Pittsburgh with Clo! Yay!!!

Clo
05-05-2016, 05:03 PM
And then Jinx and Denmark take Pittsburgh with Clo! Yay!!!

It has honestly been too goddamn long.

Forreal. Has it really been since Neutral Milk Hotel? I think I live even further away now, too.

Night Fury
06-05-2016, 01:17 PM
So.... Night Fury is now confirmed for this meet yo.

This means that I now get to fondle Tifa's Boobs. After 3.5 years.

Shauna
06-17-2016, 01:27 PM
7 weeks and counting or something!

So, Jinx and Denmark. What are you wanting to do in the UK? Please tell me you have some vague notions because otherwise we'll just be drinking for 10 days straight.

Loony BoB
06-17-2016, 01:32 PM
Aye, also if you wanna see something neat at the Fringe Festival that may require booking in advance. No idea if that's the intention but if so, lemme know and I can help out on that front.

Bubba
06-17-2016, 01:34 PM
68388 68389 68390

Night Fury
06-28-2016, 02:24 PM
My tickets are booked now. No going back. RIP me.

I'm doing Thursday to Sunday. I'll be making cake too, in case that might sway anyone else into turning up.

Galuf
07-04-2016, 10:38 PM
well... uh i might be come thanks to shauna. uh... yeah.

(im confused how so many people fit in the shaunas house lol)

Crop
07-04-2016, 10:40 PM
I'm doing Thursday to Sunday. I'll be making cake too, in case that might sway anyone else into turning up.

For the love of all that is good, please oh please save some cake for Friday.

Night Fury
07-04-2016, 10:45 PM
Cake day will most likely be Saturday in time for peak party time!

Galuf
07-04-2016, 10:46 PM

YES COME HANG OUT WITH US GALUF

yeah if i can. im not sure if im still at my grans at that time.

Hopefully i can learn to talk better without cider. :lol:

Shauna
07-04-2016, 11:03 PM
If not you can drink cider anyway.

Galuf
07-04-2016, 11:04 PM
If not you can drink cider anyway.

lol. i thought that'd be disrespectful

Shauna
07-04-2016, 11:05 PM
Really? I think we were all planning on being disrespectful then...

Galuf
07-04-2016, 11:07 PM
Really? I think we were all planning on being disrespectful then...

Well then. lol. Never done something like this before

Shauna
07-04-2016, 11:09 PM
"Something like this". You make it sound like we're being shady when we'll just being having a few quiet beverages with some Yahtzee.

Galuf
07-04-2016, 11:12 PM
"Something like this". You make it sound like we're being shady when we'll just being having a few quiet beverages with some Yahtzee.

^^; sorry

Galuf
07-04-2016, 11:26 PM
there are definitely going to be orgies and then we are going to murder you galuf

nooo. im too young!! wait till im 19!

Ayen
07-05-2016, 12:01 AM
You realize you have to storm UK Parliament, don't you?

Night Fury
07-06-2016, 11:43 AM
I am so so so excited for this!

I had a dream last night about getting the train and EVERYTHING went wrong, I missed connections etc. Anyway. I finally got to the Shauna's and like, they had all these birds just flying in and out and I was really weirded out by it because all these birds kept landing on me and I was like "WTF SHAUNA" and she was all "THEY'RE JUST BIRDS BE COOL."

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/84/6a/01/846a01a3cd8b0ca12267b396be481583.gif

There was bird poop everywhere :(

Loony BoB
07-06-2016, 11:48 AM
May I ask if anyone is interested in seeing a pay-for-entry comedy show in Edinburgh during the festival? It's around the time that I should probably book tickets. Would be neat to time it to coincide with Jinx & Denny showing up.

Night Fury
07-06-2016, 11:50 AM
I can safely be counted out of any Edinburgh action.

Shauna
07-06-2016, 05:51 PM
We are going to be discussing the general plans for the 10 days they're here soon, so hopefully we can confirm when we are planning the Edinburgh trip.

Edinburgh action aside:

If those who are thinking of showing up in Glasgow for a spell could let me know roughly when they are planning on arriving! I have some days down for people already - arriving as early as Thursday 11th August and possibly leaving as late as Monday 15th August - but if all of you could let me know what the tentative plans would be. I'm willing to put you up for the length of your stay (as long as it doesn't clash with any not-yet-planned activities), it's just so I know when I should be expecting people and how long I have to deal with the stench of nerds in my house.

Shauna
07-06-2016, 05:57 PM
No the gift cannot be your presence.

Psychotic
07-06-2016, 06:02 PM
No the gift cannot be your presence.Shit like this is why Shauna should win Funniest Member. Just speak the post out loud.

Pheesh
07-06-2016, 06:03 PM
Don't forget Aug 15th is my birthday so if you come sans gift, you will be turned away at the door.

Yeah, dig deep you cheapos!

(Whatever Night Fury brings you is from both of us btw)

Night Fury
07-06-2016, 09:07 PM
how long I have to deal with the stench of nerds in my house.

Hey it might drown out the stench of bird shit.

Shauna
07-06-2016, 11:18 PM
:colbert: I don't have a bird problem

Mirage
07-06-2016, 11:33 PM

Maybe the shaunas are actually the richest people on eoff and own a fucking villa

Shauna
07-07-2016, 11:19 AM
Well, I wouldn't call it a villa...

Mirage
07-07-2016, 11:57 AM
Palace?

Fynn
07-07-2016, 11:58 AM
Chateau?

Mirage
07-07-2016, 12:00 PM
Mansion?

Galuf
07-07-2016, 12:04 PM
Flying Fortress?

Mr. Carnelian
07-07-2016, 12:50 PM
House?

Formalhaut
07-07-2016, 12:50 PM
Castle?

Night Fury
07-07-2016, 01:00 PM
Hobbit Hole?

Shauna
07-07-2016, 01:19 PM
I feel like we are moving away from the important question I was asking. :colbert:

Night Fury
07-07-2016, 01:20 PM
u wot m8

Shauna
07-07-2016, 01:22 PM
If those who are thinking of showing up in Glasgow for a spell could let me know roughly when they are planning on arriving

I know it is difficult for Geordies to remember things what with that... Newcastle being an entire thing, but this is what I was referring to.

Night Fury
07-07-2016, 01:23 PM
If those who are thinking of showing up in Glasgow for a spell could let me know roughly when they are planning on arriving

I know it is difficult for Geordies to remember things what with that... Newcastle being an entire thing, but this is what I was referring to.

Shauna 4 most rudest member tbh

Well, you know I'm there from 11th to 14th :) I leave Sunday afternoon - I think about 2pm so you CAN ALL CELEBRATE WHEN I'VE GONE THEN AREEET?!

Shauna
07-07-2016, 01:27 PM
:aimkiss:

Indeed I have you penciled in for those days!

Formalhaut
07-19-2016, 11:19 PM
Just so I'm aware, when is everyone down for? I'd like to book coach tickets for Edinburgh at some point this week, to keep costs down. I was thinking 10th - 14th/15th, or whenever the first people are leaving.

I'll be bringing gifts, though don't expect anything special. The coach cost alone was making Mr. Carny reticent of even going, though I think I'll still be able to persuade him. Winchester to Edinburgh is a heck of a long trip, but I've managed to find tickets for £54~ for both of us there, and about the same price back. It'll be damn close, and we'll have to preclude ourselves from spending much of anything when we're over there. If anyone could donate any funds for us that would be fantastic, but I'm allergic to asking for assistance so please consider that optional or disregard it altogether.

Money aside, I've been looking forward for this trip since it got first announced, so to hell or high water I'll be there!

Crop
07-19-2016, 11:26 PM
Well we're all meeting in Glasgow, not Edinburgh, so you might want to keep that in mind! The weekend of the 13th is considered meetup time, although I know some are coming and going earlier and later

You guys should check out flights, I've got a return for around £80, only takes an hour. You might be able to find something cheaper too.

And if you guys are hard up on cash then I don't mind spotting you a few quid when we get there. Don't want you to attend the meeting with one financial arm tied behind your back!

Formalhaut
07-20-2016, 01:57 AM
Duh, I meant Glasgow. I'll look into all my options. I didn't think of domestic flights, but I'll factor them in as well.

Shauna
07-20-2016, 08:32 AM
Woah coach tickets are that bad? How much is travel into London? You can get a Megabus from London Victoria to Glasgow £18 each way if you really want to keep the price down.

And yeah, we can help cover costs when you're here. Just get to Glasgow and we'll deal with the rest.

Shauna
07-20-2016, 06:11 PM
Also I don't mean to be a dick but if you can at all plan for your travel to be on the 11th instead of the 10th that'd be grand. If you can't do that don't worry about it, we can deal with it. Just easier on our side.

Galuf
07-20-2016, 07:18 PM
Also I don't mean to be a dick but if you can at all plan for your travel to be on the 11th instead of the 10th that'd be grand. If you can't do that don't worry about it, we can deal with it. Just easier on our side.

oh.. i thought it was the 13th..

Shauna
07-20-2016, 07:24 PM
The party is the 13th! So if you're only wanting to come along for that, 13th is great.

I was meaning that post as a follow on for Formalhaut's planning - he said that he was thinking the 10th onwards for his travel. Just trying to keep things nice for us. :3

Also Formy - I added you to a Facebook chat with everyone but I guess Facebook has hidden it forever because we're not friends. xD

Galuf
07-20-2016, 07:28 PM
The party is the 13th! So if you're only wanting to come along for that, 13th is great.

I was meaning that post as a follow on for Formalhaut's planning - he said that he was thinking the 10th onwards for his travel. Just trying to keep things nice for us. :3

Also Formy - I added you to a Facebook chat with everyone but I guess Facebook has hidden it forever because we're not friends. xD

ahh ok. makes sense.

Alright. ill see when i can. when i learn the power of math

Shauna
07-20-2016, 07:49 PM
No problem, just let us know when you have the deets and we'll pencil you in.

Rantz
07-20-2016, 07:53 PM
I haven't read the thread but I assume you're doing a Scandinavian detour if you're coming over to this side of the pond, so just message me the date you'll come around my place as soon as you know!

Formalhaut
07-21-2016, 04:13 PM
Actually, the 10th was just a placeholder date. Both me and Mr. Carny are both planning for the 11th - 15th. I mean, we'll be travelling all day on the 11th, but I'd like to spend the 12th nosing around Glasgow before the majority of the people arrive for the party. I've never been to Scotland, so I do want to do a modicum of cheesy touristy stuff while I'm there!

Also, I told Mr. Carny that we're going to Glasgow and he called it scum. Is that true?

Formalhaut
07-21-2016, 04:14 PM
Also, having considered options, coach is still looking cheapest. In fact, it's actually slightly cheaper at £46~. I'll get to booking either today or tomorrow.

As an addendum, we've just moved into our new apartment, but the internet isn't arriving until the 27th, so further planning posts will be sporadic, at best. We do live right next to a lovely pub though, so I'll try to check at least once per day until then.

It's criminal we're not friends on Facebook, Shauna. I'll get to that immediately!

Psychotic
07-21-2016, 04:25 PM
Not a promise or guarantee but I'm looking into coming if you'll suffer my presence. How easy is it to get from Glasgow airport to Palace of the Shaunas?

Shauna
07-21-2016, 05:24 PM
Glasgow is a lovely city. Many would say scummy and although that may be somewhat true (what city ain't at least a bit scummy?)... it's got a lot to love about it too. I think Friday will be a Glasgow day for everyone, so I'll take you round the sights and sounds.

And it is not easy but we can/will provide chauffeur service to anyone travelling. Hope to see you there, good sir!

Psychotic
07-28-2016, 07:33 PM
Okay I stopped dithering thanks to the hostility of Jinx and I am coming but I am only able to come for one day which is the Friday due to Saturday flights being p much booked up which kinda sucks. But I'm booked! CONFIRMED PRESENCE

Shauna
07-28-2016, 07:54 PM
So when are your flights arriving and leaving? So Matt can book you in to the itinerary!

Psychotic
07-28-2016, 07:59 PM
10:20 in 20:35 out!

I'll probably end up missing the return and have to stay with you FOREVER though

Shauna
07-28-2016, 08:04 PM
Is that Friday through to Saturday or through to Sunday?

Psychotic
07-28-2016, 08:11 PM
That is just one day xD Friday. It's stupid doing just one day I know but prices are kind of mad for Sat.

I am going to play chicken with the airline to see if Saturday will come down in price so I can stay.

Shauna
07-28-2016, 08:12 PM
Ohhhh right I get it. Fair enough. xD

Bubba
07-28-2016, 09:58 PM
Do you realise how inconvenient that is for lifts, Paul?

THE HOSTS NEED TO GET DRUNK TOO.

Shauna
07-28-2016, 10:57 PM
If you can even get cheaper flights on Sunday we can deal with you until then, I guess? We'll work it out whatever we do!

Psychotic
08-09-2016, 04:44 PM
As you'll see on Friday I'm not the perfect specimen of health right now so it's probably best I only come for the day xD

I agree with what Bubba said even though he was joking. I don't want to be an arse and ruin anybody's drinking fun. So how does everybody feel about spending the day boncing about in town? I think it would be nice to go out for a meal with the whole gang, even if it's just a pub or Maccy bloody D's! I don't know how feasible that is or if anybody wants to do it so I'm just throwing it out there!

Shauna
08-09-2016, 05:03 PM
We were planning on doing just that, actually. A(nother) Glasgow day will be had!

Galuf
08-09-2016, 05:04 PM
aww i miss paul. oh well. lol

Bubba
08-09-2016, 05:06 PM
Busy that weekend mate, sorry.

Crop
08-09-2016, 05:13 PM
I think you're flying in about an hour before me. Those plans sound good, I insist we grab a pint!

Psychotic
08-09-2016, 05:21 PM
I love it when a plan comes together!

Between typing that and driving home I'm still debating staying xD I don't know if I'm trying to do too much in one day and it's better to rest (if it's even possible) at the Shaunington Estates before traveling across the country again. It's all compounded by me being sick (I'm not contagious don't worry!) and I'm off to North Wales for work tomorrow with an overnight stay too so it's a manic week. Life is fun!

Shauna
08-09-2016, 08:21 PM
We can accommodate anything, so just let us know what the dealio is.

Psychotic
08-11-2016, 09:12 AM
I'm pretty much fucking dead, had to cancel my work trip and got sent home. I am also pretty sure I am contagious. I thought I had just torn my throat from yelling at a football match a lot but nope I definitely have the fucking plague and am generally disgusting.

I really want to see everyone though and I'm p sure the flight is non refundable. So Plan B is to rearrange the flights to give me as much time as possible to not have leprosy anymore. What would be the latest day with the most number of people to see? Monday is out as I have a doctor's appointment then.

Galuf
08-11-2016, 10:49 AM
/me whispers "Saturday"

(but that prolly too soon. idk i just tryn to help lol. )

Shauna
08-11-2016, 11:00 AM
Yeah, everyone's away home on Sunday/Monday so Friday/Saturday really are your best bets!

Feel better and don't push yourself if you're not up to coming.

Psychotic
08-11-2016, 01:15 PM
Yeah I don't want to give you this while you're on your vacation I'd feel like an asshole. Still, I'm a stubborn smurfer who does dumb things so don't rule me out yet. We could have a phone call or something if nothing else!

Shauna
08-11-2016, 01:41 PM
Keep us in the loop! :heart:

Denmark
08-12-2016, 12:32 AM
Blackoola
sending my black ass to rehab

Denmark
08-12-2016, 01:14 AM
Tara likes tooting

Psychotic
08-12-2016, 05:39 AM
I'm officially out. :( Set my alarm for when I needed to be up and yeah I'm fucked. Gonna see what I can do about flight but I think it's non refundable. Hope everyone has a great time anyway though!

Shauna
08-12-2016, 09:55 AM
Get us your telephone number and when everyone's here we'll serenade you so you feel better.

Night Fury
08-12-2016, 10:41 AM
Had a great time with Cards Against Humanity last night... I won ;) woop woop! Was great! Everyone is so great! Wish you all were here! :)

Night Fury
08-13-2016, 10:06 PM
Just put Crop into drag makeup. His drag name is Ginny Tonic

Galuf
08-13-2016, 10:31 PM
Love jinx's heated defence of her attack being 12 then wen she counts aloud 10+2=14

Mr. Carnelian
08-14-2016, 02:15 PM
All watching Pointless now. The bants between the presenters is SOOOO sub-par.

Night Fury
08-15-2016, 08:12 AM
Had a great time you guys! Absolutely loved all of it and it's easily been one of the best weekends I've had since I've been in the UK. The best way to end my year here before I go away. So many highlights! Loved not sleeping at all on Saturday night for instance! Haha! Being the absolutely awkward at bedtime and annoying everyone hahaha. Karaoke was great! Sabrina was great! Guitar sing a long was great! Slutty brownies and birthday cake! Selfie ninja game! Basketball! Pointless!

Banditos!!!!!! Winning monopoly!

1 million out of 10!!!!

Night Fury
08-15-2016, 10:06 AM
Also I'm pretty sure Bubba will never forget 'let's pretend to be dead!'

Shauna
08-15-2016, 10:23 AM
The party weekend is complete. All of the short term guests have vacated the premises, leaving me to do all the tidying up! :argh: If only Night Fury were still here, she'd wash the dishes for me.

Anyway, this has been a fabulous weekend, and (no matter what I may say when I'm an overdramatic drunkard of a woman) I look forward to the next time we can get together like this. Hopefully we'll be able to get other members involved in the next one as well! There were quite a few people here, but not a single couch or sleeping bag was used so we could absolutely squeeze more of you in.

Stay tuned?

Also, I'd just like to apologise to Psy as I said we'd give you a call, but then we were too drunk and forgot about it. :(

Night Fury
08-15-2016, 10:54 AM
No! I did use the couch for a wee while because Crop was really just stealing the blanket, being a buritto, star fishing, talking too much, laughing and making the bed vibrate!

It was his plan ALL ALONG.

Galuf
08-15-2016, 10:59 AM
did anyone steal bratiger?

Endless
08-15-2016, 12:03 PM
Also we really bonded playing Monopoly. Even though our loss was brutal.

Rekt

Night Fury
08-15-2016, 01:10 PM

Bra tiger is back where he belongs next to the bed, just chilling in his bra.

Galuf
08-15-2016, 01:17 PM

Bra tiger is back where he belongs next to the bed, just chilling in his bra.

so its a he. interesting

Shauna
08-15-2016, 01:22 PM
Or is she?

Loony BoB
08-15-2016, 02:18 PM
I look forward to meeting a few of you for the first time tomorrow! As for those who I didn't get to see, there will be other times, I am certain of this. I look forward to meeting pretty much whoever... so long as they are coming to Edinburgh or the Shaunas house. :shifty:

Christmas
01-28-2023, 06:18 AM
I wanna go Shauna's house and eat all the food as well as dirtying the toilet!