PDA

View Full Version : Hardcore Henry

Vasher
04-11-2016, 02:23 AM
So, I'd promised my eldest that I'd take him to see whatever movie he wanted, he chose "Deadpool". That was 3 weeks ago. Things got "crazy", I was tied up. Today was our chance, he opted for "Hardcore Henry" (Deadpool after school manana).

A very unique experience. It really felt like a FPS, which is most certainly what they were "gunning" for.

Not really any unexpected "twists", but it was all about action. A "life lesson" there, also. One that tells you that Henry learned early on to whether to be a "bad ass", or tuck tail and bear it. The movie lets you know the choice he made (based on the options presented by his father) as a child.

I'm going to take my son and his friends to watch it again next weekend.

Depression Moon
04-11-2016, 02:32 AM
I heard a bunch of people saying that they'd think watching an entire movie like that would make them sick. It didn't make you sick?

Vasher
04-11-2016, 04:19 AM
No, it didn't make me "sick. I can't read while in a car (learned that early on), but I don't get "sea sick" (countless fishing trips). I had expressed my concerns, as well as explain a "method" for watching, but omitted it.

I was feeling a little "queasy" at first, but I went "lazy eye" and all was good. If you don't try to "keep up" with the camera, and just ease into it, much more pleasing to the eye. About 3 minutes in, I was acclimated.

If there are any concerns, take some Dramamine beforehand. It's definitely worth a watch.