PDA

View Full Version : Travel Light or Travel Heavy?

Formalhaut
04-24-2016, 05:00 PM
We've all been there. You've got a business trip/holiday/funeral/LARPing festival to get to, but it involves staying over for some time.

Time to break out that suitcase! But how much do you pack? Do you pack light to make travelling easier on your aching back? Or do you throw in everything but the kitchen sink, just in case?

Is your case looking like this:

http://www.protrav.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Packing-Tips.jpg

Or this?:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-P8X4NX-so2U/T-tpLuKX8II/AAAAAAAAACw/tUSHEoIqrdI/s1600/travel+packing+Travel+Packing++8+Tips+For+Packing+&+Traveling+Lite.jpg

Pike
04-24-2016, 05:12 PM
Hardly anything honestly. When I went to visit Hux for a few weeks I had one small suitcase plus my carryon and his parents were utterly mystified and trying to figure out where all my stuff was, haha. I just need a couple changes of clothes and my 3DS and I'm good honestly.

Mr. Carnelian
04-24-2016, 05:35 PM
Hardly anything honestly. When I went to visit Hux for a few weeks I had one small suitcase plus my carryon and his parents were utterly mystified and trying to figure out where all my stuff was, haha. I just need a couple changes of clothes and my 3DS and I'm good honestly.

Yep, this is pretty much me. Anything up to a week or so, I can fit everything I need - including books - into my satchel. Suitcase for two weeks or over.

Pheesh
04-24-2016, 05:40 PM
Clothes wise, I pack incredibly light. The only thing that gives me grief is I have a very bulky laptop, multiple external hard-drives and in the case of my last trip to the UK I also brought over my PS4, which I will never ever bother doing again.

Night Fury
04-24-2016, 06:26 PM
I've done both. Light when I went to Mexico, and heavy when I went to Aus.

When I went to Mexico I do wish I had taken more clothes, but.... I managed without soooooo. But in Aus I'm actually living there so I like to have my home comforts and best clothes and stuff.

Pumpkin
04-24-2016, 09:20 PM
Just right!

blackmage_nuke
04-25-2016, 02:53 AM
I pack heavy if im taking my car but light otherwise.

starlet
04-25-2016, 11:13 PM
I'm planning on packing a months worth of clothes and things (more like 2 weeks. I'm sure I'll be able to wash my clothes on the road eventually :p) in a carry-on. Leggings will be my friend I'm sure. CHALLENGE ACCEPTED.

Crop
04-25-2016, 11:19 PM
I have a large travelling backpack that I use now regardless of where I go or for how long. It's easy to carry and is big enough for me to fit everything in there for however long my trip. I couldn't imagine ever going back to a suitcase.

It's nice being able to fit your whole life into one bag if need be.

Mirage
04-26-2016, 10:48 AM
I travel relatively light, and gamble on finding somewhere to wash my clothes so i don't need to bring as much.

I don't need more than like two pair of jeans for two weeks anyway, although I do tend to grab enough boxers to change every day, and enough t-shirts to change every other day. I don't really use sweaters, so one is usually enough for no matter how long i'm gone.

Laddy
04-27-2016, 07:48 PM
I bring more than most but generally try avoid things like baggage fees or anything that would prove superfluous.

Mercer
05-03-2016, 06:47 PM
I'm a light packer.

Christmas
03-26-2022, 01:56 PM
I would bring bare minimal and buy those that I need on the spot. Or rob them from my traveling partner. :bigsmile:

Except for undergarments. I need to use mine that have my stench and stains. :kakapo:

Mr Gashtacular
03-26-2022, 07:47 PM
I carry enough clothes for the length of the trip plus a day or two spare. And a small washbag, usually. A phone charger. My meds so I don't die, and a book for the transportation.

I've only needed the spare clothes once, and I was really fucking glad i took them, even if they do take some space!

I also (used to) travel for work pre-pandemic which meant all of the above plus a bunch of computer shit, which really sucked to drag around.