PDA

View Full Version : How Often Do You Wash Your Jeans?

Formalhaut
05-02-2016, 05:02 PM
http://www.oldnavy.com/products/res/mainimg/boys-straight-leg-jeans-dark-stonewashed.jpg

You know, these things. Jeans are the workhorse of the trouser family - tough, durable and can work with pretty much anything.

But how often do you wash your jeans? Do you keep em' fresh every week, or only wash them once they have conspicuous mustard stains?

Rez09
05-02-2016, 05:37 PM
I generally wash them after I wear them.

Bubba
05-02-2016, 05:40 PM
I'm not saying because I don't want people to be disgusted by me.

Pumpkin
05-02-2016, 05:44 PM
I generally wash them after I wear them.

Bri
05-02-2016, 08:24 PM
I hardly wear jeans at all anymore but back then I used to, so I would wear the same jeans 2 to 3 times before washing them within two weeks. I was so crazy about jeans but now it is all about the yoga/sweat pants because they're so comfy.

Mercer
05-02-2016, 08:53 PM
I wear a different pair each day.

Night Fury
05-02-2016, 11:07 PM
I'm not saying because I don't want people to be disgusted by me.

Sephiroth
05-02-2016, 11:26 PM
I throw them away after wearing them and buy new ones.

Vermachtnis
05-03-2016, 04:03 AM
Every week, laundry day is even today.

FFNut
05-03-2016, 04:18 AM
I got about 5 or six pair I rotate through and I keep stuff rather clean so I do laundry about every 3 to 4 days. Never really with filthy one on.

escobert
05-03-2016, 05:09 AM
I don't really ever wear jeans, I wear Carhartts everyday.

blackmage_nuke
05-03-2016, 07:29 AM
Never, as I have no jeans and only wear cargo pants

Pheesh
05-03-2016, 08:14 AM
Once I can no longer ignore the smell.

Rantz
05-03-2016, 08:23 PM
A lot of people say with great conviction that you should never wash jeans and will refer you to the CEO of Levi's who's famous for this claim, but his main reason for that is water conservation and has little to do with hygiene or durability. Water conservation is a fair reason not to wash them every week for the most part, I think, but never is quite a long time. I say trust your nose. I'll wash mine once they start smelling like they need a wash, basically. That tends to be every 2-3 months or so for me, at an estimate.

Iceglow
05-03-2016, 09:20 PM
I wash my jeans when they need it. To be honest, you should avoid washing them because it actually ruins the fibres quicker and good jeans are expensive. I've often got a pair of cheap jeans (say hello Primark's best) which I'll wear more often and have a wash every 3 - 4 weeks or so unless marked by spilt food etc.

If I have good jeans like a decent pair of Wrangler's or other brand name, then they'll rarely see the machine. Literally will get washed if they seem to have a stain or something really made them smell. If I feel that they need more than a good airing/freezing then I may drop them off at the dry cleaners.

Zeldy
05-06-2016, 08:44 PM
I'm an avid washer, I think the most I'd wear jeans without washing would be twice, and then straight into an anti-bac wash.

I loooove doing laundry.

Shaibana
05-08-2016, 04:58 PM
I go to work in sweatpants because I have to put an overall on anyway.
when im home I put on a different pair of sweatpants because I hate jeans and will only wear then when needed.

I only wear jeans when I have to go somewhere and since I dont do that very often I wear it 1, maybe 2 parts of a day..
The pants get washed once in a month perhaps....

I do get out of the house more often then that, but those activities require other kinds of pants xD haha
... and i only have 1 good pair of jeans...

Mirage
05-08-2016, 07:02 PM
I wear the same pair for a 5-10 days usually but I don't wash them right away when I change to a new pair.

Fynn
05-09-2016, 12:06 PM
I wear the same pair for a 5-10 days usually but I don't wash them right away when I change to a new pair.

Similar, but I do put them in the laundry basket when I'm done with them

I'm surprised people on the Internet are like "wow, you can wear jeans two days straight, no one will notice"! Dude, unless they get like stained or something, I'll be wearing my jeans for a week to ten days or so. I don't have enough pants to just casually change them every other day

krissy
05-14-2016, 05:17 PM
i'm not as shy and willing to say they're lucky if they get a wash twice a year
certainly not more than 3 months at a time

Jessweeee♪
05-15-2016, 08:38 PM
same as all of my clothes, when i've worn them for "a while". So I might wash them after a day, or I might wash them after two days, or I might get a week out of them if I only wear them for a couple hours between when I get out of work and when I'm done being civilized for the day. Going to the laundromat is expensive and a pain in the ass, gotta get my money's worth out of these clothes.