PDA

View Full Version : Friendly Monsters

Freya
04-18-2016, 03:33 PM
67922I forgot about these guys. I was trying to level all my abilities I had before going into Dali cause I didn't want to worry about anything and why not, I've always just let them level up as I went so why not just take a little bit of time and go ahead and level up some abilities.

I got Mu on the second battle in that forest before hand! Who has done all of these guys. I've only ever done a few of them.

Mu, Ghost, Ladybug, Yeti, Nymph, Jabberwock, Feather Circle, Garuda, and Yan.

Karifean
04-18-2016, 04:01 PM
Man these guys were such a nice touch. Randomly running into them was the most pleasant thing and you always got a nice fat AP boost for being nice.

Galuf
04-18-2016, 04:28 PM
i always go after them. but 3 of them i dont like. Yeti Jabberwock and Garuda.
the 1st two are depressing and the 3rd is annoying and i hate the no-eyed creature

Midgar Mist
04-18-2016, 05:06 PM
Ack! Dont get me started on those idiots! Stop wasting my time I have real monsters to fight....

They are kinda cute but.....

Jinx
04-18-2016, 05:07 PM
I've done them all! Such a fun side quest. I've never fought Ozma, so I wasted it there, but otherwise, yes. THEY'RE SO CUUUUTe.

Rantz
04-18-2016, 10:07 PM
Man these guys were such a nice touch. Randomly running into them was the most pleasant thing and you always got a nice fat AP boost for being nice.
Yeah pretty much! I always do them all during the endgame but I love running into them randomly as a surprise.

Depression Moon
04-19-2016, 04:08 AM
Those AP points.

Wolf Kanno
04-19-2016, 05:01 AM
I did them all in my last playthrough. It was such a nice touch. Sad how the series doesn't do the cool random monster bits like this anymore. VIII Had the UFO sidequest as well.

Peter1986
04-21-2016, 11:16 AM
I remember when one of my classmates showed this game to me some time in Summer 2001, and I think it was the first monster that I ran into outside of Dali.
He was like "don't fight him, he is nice", but for some reason I attacked him anyway, probably out of pure instinct ("monster - bad guy - fight!"). :p
Or maybe I didn't have enough time to react to my friend's warnings.
Anyway, he seemed slightly annoyed by this for a few seconds, and then we just continued with the game like normal.

Ack! Dont get me started on those idiots! Stop wasting my time I have real monsters to fight....

They are kinda cute but.....
They give you plenty of AP though, so that's good. :D
Also, the melody that starts playing during these "battles" is really pretty.

Elpizo
04-22-2016, 07:19 AM
I did them all in my last playthrough. It was such a nice touch. Sad how the series doesn't do the cool random monster bits like this anymore. VIII Had the UFO sidequest as well.

Well, we did have friendly magic pots in FF XIV: ARR? ^^"