PDA

View Full Version : The Annoying Bad Guys of TV and Film (SPOILERS)

Midgar Mist
04-20-2016, 02:19 PM
When it comes to antagonists, some are very entertaining (like Beetlejuice or The Joker) and others.....well....you want to hit them until they shut up and die.

Anyway....

These are the bad guys I find annoying

-Shane in The Walking Dead
-Grant Ward
-Most Soap Opera Villains

Your own thoughts please.....

Pheesh
04-20-2016, 02:31 PM
Joffrey Baratheon and Ramsey Bolton have to be way up there.

Freya
04-20-2016, 02:57 PM
Yeah Joffery. That kid played an insufferable jerk so well.

"The Dark One" Antagonist in the Once Upon a Time show.

charliepanayi
04-20-2016, 03:39 PM
Ward? He became far more interesting/enjoyable when he became an antagonist!

Midgar Mist
04-27-2016, 04:05 AM
Nah...he was annoying both ways. When he ahem....changed....he became more interesting then.

I've thought of another one i find irritating....The Seer in Charmed (not Charisma Carpenter, she was great. I mean the one who corrupted Cole in Season 4)

Loony BoB
04-27-2016, 12:44 PM
Joffrey, Melisandre, Ramsey. Those three did genuinely horrible things that made me just want them to die very, very soon.

Other than Game of Thrones, I can't think of too many, now that I think about it. I can think of a few in video games though. Barthy in FFXIII was so freaking boring.

Night Fury
04-27-2016, 01:21 PM
Nicholas Quinn from Chuck

:stare:

Psychotic
04-27-2016, 01:35 PM
I loved Joffrey as a villain. Yeah, he's a dick and I hate him, but then he's meant to be a dick and I'm meant to hate him? The smarm, entitlement, insecurity and sadism made a compelling mix. He's a character I wanted to get his comeuppance but he's not a character I thought "ugh boring". Same for Ramsay, though replace the word smarm with his flippance and wit.

Loony BoB
04-27-2016, 05:22 PM
I think the only person who has mentioned boring is me when talking about Barthy. The rest of them (and the topic at hand) are just people you wanna punch until they die or something.

Kalevala
04-29-2016, 02:36 AM
There are also two sub-categories for this. Characters who you are meant to feel this way about, and characters who you feel this way about because of how incompetently written they are.

Joffrey/Ramsay vs. show Sand Snakes is a good example, though I don't know if I'd consider The Sand Snakes straight-up "villains."

I also recently got around to reading Of Mice and Men (not TV or film originally but it has been adapted many times) and that's how I feel about Curley's wife. She's the story's closest thing to an antagonist and annoying, not necessarily of her own merits, but because I think Steinbeck really dropped the ball with her and she comes across as very wooden and misrepresented.