PDA

View Full Version : Retro Gaming

Wolf Kanno
04-22-2016, 08:07 PM
I've been trying to tackle my Steam account lately, so I'm immersing myself in two 90s classics: Half Life and Fallout 1. Been interesting so far to say the least. I'm surprisingly liking Half Life a bit more since it was much easier to pick up and I apparently need to really read the manual for Fallout to get a better grasp of it's controls and rules. I also still have a save for DQII (NES) on the backburner and I plan on finishing Mystic Quest and Lufia 1 this summer.

So what retro titles have you been playing lately? For the sake of this thread, I'm going to say the game has to be a minimum of ten years old or last century to count as retro. ;)

Pumpkin
04-22-2016, 08:12 PM
I wasn't going to consider Grandia II a retro game but wow it's been 16 years. Time flies.

Also Earthbound and Breath of Fire III. I have a ton of classic RPG's to try soon!

Pike
04-22-2016, 08:17 PM
Atari Vault. Goodness but I can't play Yars' Revenge without dumping hours into it. What a brilliant, brilliant game.

Midgar Mist
04-22-2016, 09:29 PM
Youre asking the Queen of Retro so.....I'm currently playing Resident Evil 2 and loving it. I'm also pretty good at it

I'm even too old skool for Steam :-P

Del Murder
04-23-2016, 12:27 AM
Probably the last retro game I played was Front Mission 3 about a year ago. I actually played most all the 'retro' games I wanted to play back when they originally came out, because I am old.

gau
04-23-2016, 01:04 PM
I've been trying to tackle my Steam account lately, so I'm immersing myself in two 90s classics: Half Life and Fallout 1. Been interesting so far to say the least. I'm surprisingly liking Half Life a bit more since it was much easier to pick up and I apparently need to really read the manual for Fallout to get a better grasp of it's controls and rules. I also still have a save for DQII (NES) on the backburner and I plan on finishing Mystic Quest and Lufia 1 this summer.

So what retro titles have you been playing lately? For the sake of this thread, I'm going to say the game has to be a minimum of ten years old or last century to count as retro. ;)
The first Fallout is pretty easy once you get the control. Actually there is a quick guide that you can view by using F1, if you didn't know already.

As for me, beside FFVI, I'm playing Super Metroid on emulator, which I've never played. The only Metroid game I've played is the Zero Mission on GBA actually.

escobert
04-23-2016, 01:40 PM
I've been playing FFVI lately.

Madame Adequate
04-23-2016, 09:30 PM
I just finished replaying Suikoden 1 and 2 a couple days ago! Now I'm playing Tales of Destiny, which I was never able to play when it was new because it never came to England - but as I got a US videogame magazine I knew of it and desperately wanted to play it. We'll see if it lives up to my pubescent fantasies of an exceptional RPG!

Wolf Kanno
04-24-2016, 05:04 AM

The first Fallout is pretty easy once you get the control. Actually there is a quick guide that you can view by using F1, if you didn't know already.

As for me, beside FFVI, I'm playing Super Metroid on emulator, which I've never played. The only Metroid game I've played is the Zero Mission on GBA actually.

Yeah, it's just trying to get the rhythm down. I made a character, fought my way out of the cave using up all my stim packs, and then got ambushed by Rad Scorpions in the desert that murdered me fairly quickly.

FriendlyRoegadyn88
04-24-2016, 05:26 AM
I miss Final Fantasy Tactic from ps1, chrono trigger/cross, crash bandicoot and spyro the dragon.

Crop
04-24-2016, 05:35 AM
Dusted off the old SNES recently. Currently playing through A Link to the Past, although I've given some time to Super Mario All Stars and Aladdin too.

Vermachtnis
04-24-2016, 06:39 AM
For some reason I've been thinking about Xenogears alot. And I've been playing Breath of Fire II off and on for awhile now.

theundeadhero
04-26-2016, 10:29 PM
I'm currently replaying the second chapter of Kings Quest, but it's the playstation remake so I don't think it counts.

Colonel Angus
04-26-2016, 11:14 PM
Lately I've been playing Smackdown: Here Comes The Pain.

Midgar Mist
04-28-2016, 11:36 PM
I miss Final Fantasy Tactic from ps1, chrono trigger/cross, crash bandicoot and spyro the dragon.

I love Crash Bandicoot and Spyro 2. I'm not as good at Crash Bandicoot as I used to be.

The most retro I go is 16 bit era, as its the first set of games I played. I've got Lemmings 2 on the SNES and I keep dipping into Superfrog which is installed on my PC.

Fynn
05-05-2016, 12:12 PM
I'm actually playing new stuff for a change now! But yeah, most of my gaming time is spent playing games that came out way back

Ayen
06-08-2016, 07:14 AM
Lately I've been playing Smackdown: Here Comes The Pain.

One of the best wrestling games ever made.

I've been playing the original Monster Rancher game on the PSX. Still one of my favorite games of all time. I just love it.