View Full Version : Best Chocobo Sidequest

Midgar Mist
04-28-2016, 01:09 AM
Which is your favourite?

Mine is FF7's by a long shot :D

Over to you....

Saber
04-28-2016, 07:16 AM
As hard as it is to find a treasure in the ocean I still have to say Final Fantasy IX's Hot and Cold. Not only do you get lairs where you can dig for treasure, they allow you to find graphs to search for treasure on the world map.

Don't get me wrong they did add a lot of rewards in chocobo breeding and racing. However I just think it's sometimes too much of a grind and time consuming.

Worst ever... Final Fantasy X. You have to do everything 100% perfect. I just can't stand it.

charliepanayi
04-28-2016, 08:53 AM
This isn't even a contest. Chocobo Hot and Cold (and the assorted treasure hunting) by far. Addictive and rewards-a-plenty to be had.

Midgar Mist
04-28-2016, 10:12 AM
You dudes think Hot and Cold isn't time consuming? You can dig around for ages (on a stringent time limit) and 5 years later you find a Chocograph.

FF7's may be time consuming but you get badass materia as a reward without the need to fight some frighteningly difficult boss.

charliepanayi
04-28-2016, 10:25 AM
You get pretty good stuff with Chocographs too (yes, it can take ages to get what you want, but it's addictive all the same), and there are no bosses to fight there either!

maybee
04-28-2016, 11:33 AM
FF VII Chocobo babies ! :ohdear: and then forcing them to race for money.

:mwahaha:

Wolf Kanno
04-28-2016, 07:55 PM
Hot n' Cold for me as well. I love the music and the quest was really fun for me. Breeding and Racing in VII is fun too but gets tedious and boring with grinding ranks in the races and save scumming to get the right chocobo for Gold.

Spira has the worst chocobo games, with both X and X-2 having crappy novelty sidequest that were more frustrating and boring than actual useful.

Most underrated is the Frocobo mini-quest in XIII, because while it was simple and stupid, it was unexpected, funny, and much needed for such a dry straightforward game.

Freya
04-28-2016, 08:13 PM
Hot n' Cold. It's easy. Takes some time to max out a location for them all but then you get to roam and search in the actual world! And get different colored chocobos!

Vermachtnis
04-29-2016, 07:01 AM
Hot and cold is my favorite too. And yea, except for that one glyph in the middle of the ocean, it was a lot of fun. Upgrading your chocobo is one of my favorite things.

Midgar Mist
04-29-2016, 02:18 PM
I see most of you find FF9's more interesting than 7's. I guess I think different.

escobert
04-29-2016, 04:49 PM
7's.

Saber
04-29-2016, 08:08 PM
Final Fantasy VIII's chocobo forests weren't bad if you know what you are doing. Still not my favorite one though.

Ffamran mied Bunansa
04-30-2016, 06:53 PM
Chocobo Hot and Cold is one of my favourite minigames in anything, not just FF.

Midgar Mist
05-01-2016, 05:19 AM
7's.

Yay! Someone else who likes 7!

Fynn
05-06-2016, 09:24 AM
Yeah, everything kinda pales in comparison to Hot 'n' Cold

Karifean
05-06-2016, 10:54 AM
Hmm, Chocobo Racing in VII, Hot & Cold and Chocobo Training in X (yes I'm serious) are all good contestants. Gotta give it to Hot & Cold though, I could load it up right now and have blast playing it for another 90 minutes.

Galuf
05-06-2016, 12:02 PM
7's took forever
what even was 8's
DONT TALK TO ME ABOUT 10's

the only one i can do is 9's.

Clo
05-06-2016, 12:38 PM
My favorite is Chocobo Hot n Cold in FFIX. My god, I love that game. I play it feverishly quick and end up completing it so soon though. But it's sooo much fun!

Elly
05-07-2016, 02:18 AM
Chocobo Racing in VII and XIII-2, i loved them both... i absolutely hate the one in X because they give you the worst Chocobo on Spira to ride...

theundeadhero
05-07-2016, 06:44 AM
I dislike them all equally. I wish they didn't gate some of the better stuff in the games behind minigames.

Midgar Mist
05-12-2016, 10:06 PM
I dislike them all equally. I wish they didn't gate some of the better stuff in the games behind minigames.

I see your point. I don't always like this need for some overly difficult sidequest just to get decent stuff (cough....FF4.....ahem). Having said that, I think it works in FF7 and sidequests do add to replay value.

Jinx
05-12-2016, 10:11 PM
Hot 'n' Cold, it's not even a competition. And it doesn't take that long. At all.

theundeadhero
05-15-2016, 06:56 AM
I don't mind if they're behind sidequests. I just don't want to ride a chocobo for hours on end or dodge lightning to get something. I'm perfectly okay with trudging through the deep sea research center to fight the Ultima Weapon in FFVIII. That's not a minigame. It's just more gameplay.

Midgar Mist
05-15-2016, 02:16 PM
I don't mind if they're behind sidequests. I just don't want to ride a chocobo for hours on end or dodge lightning to get something. I'm perfectly okay with trudging through the deep sea research center to fight the Ultima Weapon in FFVIII. That's not a minigame. It's just more gameplay.

Ah, well. You do have a point about 10's chocobo sidequest. 10-2's is also annoying. I can do some of 10's but 10-2's makes me wanna rip my hair out.

What bugs me about 9's is that you're on a time limit, a time limit that gets shortened the deeper the place is. I also don't like those bits of chocographs and the fact that you get chocographs for terrain your Chocobo can't reach at that moment.