PDA

View Full Version : Uncharted 4

Loony BoB
05-01-2016, 07:05 PM
Who's getting it? Can't wait for what I see as the first truly major PS4 exclusive, even if it hasn't really been hyped up (at least nothing I've seen personally).

Formalhaut
05-01-2016, 07:06 PM
I still haven't gotten past those scary creatures in the first Uncharted. :shobon:

DMKA
05-01-2016, 07:26 PM
It was recently announced that a shipment of the game was stolen and people now have copies in their possession so I'm doing everything I can to avoid going anywhere that people might post spoilers.

I'm super excited. It's the first high profile game release of 2016 that I've really been looking forward to. Unless you count Ratchet and Clank but as great as that game was I wouldn't really consider it high profile.

I have a feeling I might get a tad emotional over it. Uncharted is among my favorite game franchises and I've really fallen in love with the characters over the years. I'm glad they're going to end it with the forth entry though, and not just do the "go on forever until it stops making money and then reboot it in the hope that it will make more money" route that's so popular in video game industry.

It's been pushed back so many times now, but I have a really good feeling that it's going to be worth the wait.

Psychotic
05-01-2016, 11:31 PM
I got the Nathan Drake Collection for Christmas and blasted through them like a man possessed. You better believe I'm ready for this.

Loony BoB
05-02-2016, 09:01 AM
I got the Nathan Drake Collection for Christmas and blasted through them like a man possessed. You better believe I'm ready for this.
Ooh, what did you think? I must have missed you doing this. I still get stunned when people say they have never played Uncharted despite owning a PS3.

Bubba
05-02-2016, 09:43 AM
Yup, got this bad boy an pre-order to be delivered on 10th May. I'm preparing myself for everyone dying.

Naughty Dog are in a league of their own for storytelling in video games. This is going to be epic.

sharkythesharkdogg
05-02-2016, 12:58 PM
I'm pretty pumped for this, but I'll probably have to wait until it is cheaper.

I've played the other three. I've been trying to convince myself to play Golden Abyss on Vita. I just find that I don't really like hand held gaming anymore. I feel cramped. I was all excited to play the game on the PS tv, but a friend told me Golden Abyss is one of the games you can't play on the PS tv.

Anyway, I'll be avoiding spoilers for this game just like I'm avoiding spoilers for Rise of the Tomb Raider until I can actually play it. Probably wont' be for a while though. :(

Del Murder
05-02-2016, 05:04 PM
My hopes are high for this one. I'll add it to my 'backlog' at some point.

DMKA
05-03-2016, 01:23 AM
I've been trying to convince myself to play Golden Abyss on Vita. I just find that I don't really like hand held gaming anymore. I feel cramped.

Same. I'm absolutely flabbergasted that an HD version hasn't been released on PS4 yet. It would have been a perfect addition to The Nathan Drake Collection. Nearly every other high profile Vita game has been re-released for home platforms.

Rocket Edge
05-04-2016, 02:46 PM
Naughty Dog are in a league of their own for storytelling in video games. This is going to be epic.
You already know it's gonna be near perfect game with those guys involved.

I dunno if I'll get this on release, but I'll certainly play it sometime. I normally don't like action RPG's but the Uncharted Series is amazing.

DMKA
05-07-2016, 02:00 AM
http://s32.postimg.org/jgny969z9/welp.png

Welp.

Bubba
05-07-2016, 07:16 AM
Oh my word... those reviews. My playthrough of the Mass Effect trilogy will be officially on hold from 10th May.

Del Murder
05-07-2016, 04:13 PM
On 95% of the games I play I check the reviews first before I buy it. I don't even need to do this for Naughty Dog games. 9.0 is like the floor for their games.

fat_moogle
05-07-2016, 10:27 PM
I've had it on preorder for ages but my PS4 bricked on me yesterday, I've not long got it back from the repair centre as well... GOD DAMN IT ALL TO HELL.

Fox
05-07-2016, 10:28 PM
http://s32.postimg.org/jgny969z9/welp.png

Welp.

Hmm... so a 'mixed' reception then.

I probably can't/won't get this at launch. I'm still desperately trying to push through 2 RPGs before No Man's Sky and Mankind Divided come out.

Bubba
05-09-2016, 10:16 PM
I've been trying to convince myself to play Golden Abyss on Vita. I just find that I don't really like hand held gaming anymore. I feel cramped.

Same. I'm absolutely flabbergasted that an HD version hasn't been released on PS4 yet. It would have been a perfect addition to The Nathan Drake Collection. Nearly every other high profile Vita game has been re-released for home platforms.

Golden Abyss was developed by SIE Bend so that's probably why it didn't appear in the collection.

It was still produced by Naughty Dog though so :shrug:

Mirage
05-10-2016, 04:28 AM
I'm not. I find the uncharteds to be pretty uninspiring in gameplay.

Bubba
05-10-2016, 04:47 PM
Slight amendment to the thread title as today is the day!

Only scratched the surface so far but this looks very impressive indeed.

knew the voice acting would be stellar on all fronts but very impressed with young Nate and Sam. Playing as young Nate again was great. Nothing we haven't seen before with the jumping around buildings but it was executed very well. The new slide down slopes mechanic will be used a lot, obviously. The way it ended you assume we'll be flashing back to these two again.

Clearly getting everyone used to the mechanics in the first two chapters. Melee and more parkour stuff. The prison setting was great but the scaling of the old ruin could have been taken from any of the previous three games. I get the feeling the developers knew this had to be the last Uncharted. General gameplay hasn't changed an awful lot. I'm sure the story will be fantastic though.

Loony BoB
05-11-2016, 06:11 PM
Finally finished, and really enjoyed it. Worth every penny. Naughty Dog are so damned good.

Rocket Edge
05-11-2016, 07:20 PM
Finally finished, and really enjoyed it. Worth every penny. Naughty Dog are so damned good.
Where do you think it would place in your top 100?

Bubba
05-11-2016, 07:23 PM

Good work! I'm just starting chapter 7. I blame baby duties for my lack of progress :argh:

Loony BoB
05-11-2016, 11:56 PM
Where do you think it would place in your top 100?
Below Uncharted 2, above Uncharted 3. Not sure exactly how it'll fit in though.

DMKA
05-12-2016, 01:06 AM
I'm only on like, Chapter 4, but so far it has the greatest playable easter egg ever. :love::love::love::love:

Also the attention to detail in this game is jaw dropping. The environments are insanely detailed, especially Drake's house. That whole house was a nostalgia overload for me. The way when they lay on furniture and stuff, the furniture actually sinks in and moves realistically, is really something. I've never seen another game that goes the extra mile to get that all right.

Shaibana
05-15-2016, 04:16 PM
I smurfing love this game <3
it has everything i need and i love nate's humour.
im just so freaking sad that this is the last of them (this is not a spoiler, it was already known)
*sigh* my live is over now, ive finished it :(

got a question tho!
there was suppose to be a big secret revealed about Nate.
i think i missed it? what was it? was it that he has a brother? because that was alread out in the open.

im a little bit disapointed about the extra's.
they used to have examples of how the cutscenes were made and alot of concept art in the previous games.

Loony BoB
05-15-2016, 06:58 PM
Finished crushing mode. Hoo, boy, was that painful to get through at times. Particularly the car chase and the booby traps in the tunnels near the end of the game. Also completed a sub-six hour run with 73% accuracy yesterday for those two achievements. Having seen some of the other achievements I'd need for platinum, I don't think I'll get them... they look like a proper chore. Maybe something to do if I get bored again.

Shaibana
05-16-2016, 12:15 PM
i think its funny how casual they are about killing ppl

the gang driving in a car, chatting.
then they stop because there are some badguys up ahead.

they get out.. shoot them, almost die themselves.
then they get back into the car..
Sully: 'So, sam, you were saying..?'
Sam: 'ooh right, so you know when i was...)

and they chat on as if nothing ever happened xD

its also funny how at the very end they they tell their kid about the adventures... probably leaving out the hundreds of mercenaries they killed xD

so.. Nathan and his gang are really just mass murderers

Randy
05-17-2016, 12:26 PM
This game is really incredible. I'd probably put it as even better than Uncharted 2 actually. The story's better. The environments are better. The grappling rope is awesome!

DMKA
05-18-2016, 12:05 AM
Finished crushing mode. Hoo, boy, was that painful to get through at times. Particularly the car chase and the booby traps in the tunnels near the end of the game. Also completed a sub-six hour run with 73% accuracy yesterday for those two achievements. Having seen some of the other achievements I'd need for platinum, I don't think I'll get them... they look like a proper chore. Maybe something to do if I get bored again.

Man, I haven't finished the game yet because I was playing through on crushing mode. I got all the way to that part where you're separated from Sam on the island and you have no guns on Crushing mode, and after I died for the 30th time on that part I finally gave up out of frustration and knocked the difficulty down to hard mode.

I still don't think this game's Crushing mode is quite as unforgiving as Uncharted 1's Crushing mode, but it's a lot harder than 2 or 3, to me anyway. I remember the Crushing modes of 2 and 3 being no picnic but they never felt unforgivingly difficult. Hoo boy, 1 and 4 on the other hand will test your patience.

Formalhaut
05-18-2016, 02:03 AM
Of what I found Uncharted 1, even playing on casual was enough for me. I suppose I'm not really great at shooters! I also found getting those brutal melee combos to be a nightmare.

DMKA
05-18-2016, 03:53 AM
Of what I found Uncharted 1, even playing on casual was enough for me. I suppose I'm not really great at shooters! I also found getting those brutal melee combos to be a nightmare.

Yeah, Uncharted 1 is just a legitimately difficult game, even if you are good at shooters. Uncharted 1's normal mode is like Hard mode on all the others.

Formalhaut
05-18-2016, 04:30 AM
I remember vividly playing through a early-ish section of Uncharted 1, when was it? Chapter three? Four? It was a large battle, and at the lowest point my screen was as grey as it could get before I died - it was panic-inducing grey. I somehow manage to recover and finish the rest of the guys off, but damn, that was close.

A good thing as well. After that battle, I got the trophy for 'kill 50 enemies without dying'. Probably my biggest achievement in that game before those scary-ass 'run at you' monsters started turning up towards the end.

Ugh. I should probably get the Nathan Drake Collection and complete 1 so I can get to the easier games after it, shouldn't I?

blackmage_nuke
05-18-2016, 07:32 AM
Just started, a bit disappointed they took out the wall mechanic from uncharted 3 where if you walked into or along a wall Nathan would actually put his arm out like he was actually aware it was there instead of just running into it. That blew my mind when I noticed it in 3.

edit: Ok got past the flashback he still does it if you run directly into a wall but it's not as organic

edit2: ok sometimes he does it sometimes he doesn't i guess i can live with that

fat_moogle
05-18-2016, 05:03 PM
LA LA LA IGNORING ALL COMMENTS IN HERE LA LA LA JUST HERE TO SAY THAT I'M GETTING MY PS4 BACK TOMORROW LA LA LA FINALLY GET TO PLAY THIS GAME LA LA LA.

Shaibana
05-18-2016, 06:42 PM
http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/aeGn0Oq_700b_v3.jpg

Levian
05-18-2016, 06:52 PM
I like the way this game makes me feel, I rarely get this feeling with new games anymore. Just awesome. :]

blackmage_nuke
05-19-2016, 12:29 PM
The way the papers and books flop when you hold them, mindblowing, they sat there and decided "Is there any reason to let them rotate the papers when theyre holding them? No? Well we'll let them anyway. Ok now lets make sure it's realistic if they decide to wave the paper around!". You spend hours performing impossible swings and jumps and think the game has the most unrealistic physics ever and then they pull a stunt like this

Did I miss something or were those guards at the auction perfectly innocent people I murdered

Shaibana
05-19-2016, 01:43 PM
Did I miss something or were those guards at the auction perfectly innocent people I murdered

he has been doing that through 4 games...

DMKA
05-24-2016, 04:02 AM
Well I just finished it at last. It is easily one of the greatest games I've ever played, and it ended pretty much in the best possible way it could. I feel kind of how I did after I watched the last Harry Potter film. A deep sense of satisfaction, and a tad bit of sadness that such a great thing that I've been following for so many years is over.

Bubba
05-26-2016, 11:21 PM
The ending was great but overall I don't think it's a patch on Uncharted 2 or even Uncharted 3. Maybe they'd exhausted all their ideas but there was nothing new in the gameplay whatsoever.

It it has to be said though, the graphics were like no other game I've ever seen. Like, nothing comes close. Voice acting was amazing also. Didn't give me the feels like The Last of Us though.

There were so many stand-out moments in the second and third games and apart from maybe that car chase down the hill there was nothing particularly memorable. There was nothing like U2's intro and train sequence or U3's plane chapter and rough seas chapter.

Even the sword fight at the end could have been done better.

Overall though, still a solid 9/10.

Fox
05-26-2016, 11:30 PM
I haven't played it as I can't afford it right now, so just watched a Let's Play for the time being. Really cool from a story perspective - I know there are a lot of people who complain it's too much of a movie, but I'm fond of games that let you sit back and watch a good cutscene between the action. The key is it actually has to be good, and in that regard Naughty Dog have refined their art.

I just love watching these really entertaining characters interact with each other. I can forgive a lot if it has that, and to be fair the gameplay itself looks at least decent. Maybe a touch too much gunfighting, what do you reckon?

All I need in my life now is an adventure game with the story and characters of Uncharted, the level design of (pre-reboot) Tomb Raider, and no shoehorned in baddies to shoot. That would make me very happy. Maybe the Adventures of Cassie Drake-Fisher will fill that hole? DO IT NAUGHTY DOG I DARE YOU

Loony BoB
05-27-2016, 08:23 AM
There were so many stand-out moments in the second and third games and apart from maybe that car chase down the hill there was nothing particularly memorable. There was nothing like U2's intro and train sequence or U3's plane chapter and rough seas chapter.
To be honest, after Uncharted 3 went so far over the top on all scales, I'm really glad they toned that part down. It was obviously still unrealistic, but not "okay, all sense of immersion is gone now" unrealistic. For me, those events you spoke of are the kind that I remember for the wrong reasons.

Shaibana
05-27-2016, 01:02 PM
Maybe the Adventures of Cassie Drake-Fisher will fill that hole? DO IT NAUGHTY DOG I DARE YOU

i really dont see it happening, but yeah I DARE YOU!

and i personally also really love it that the game is half a movie.

Nice
06-01-2016, 04:09 PM
I think from a storytelling perspective, no game touches the Uncharted series. I loved the resolution in Uncharted 4 and I believe it is the perfect way to end the series. It's also very noticeable the impact of Last of Us had on this game.

My only gripe is Nate's brother Sam. I just can't resolve the fact that throughout Uncharted 1, 2 and 3 Nate never mentioned his brother.
That silence is completely forgivable in U1 and U2 but not in 3. In Uncharted 3 we are taken into Nate's past, particularly his first meeting with Sully in Columbia I believe. At no point do we hear of Sam and we know, thanks to U4, that after Nate leaves the orphanage he and Sam grow up together.

blackmage_nuke
06-05-2016, 03:12 AM
My only gripe is Nate's brother Sam. I just can't resolve the fact that throughout Uncharted 1, 2 and 3 Nate never mentioned his brother.
That silence is completely forgivable in U1 and U2 but not in 3. In Uncharted 3 we are taken into Nate's past, particularly his first meeting with Sully in Columbia I believe. At no point do we hear of Sam and we know, thanks to U4, that after Nate leaves the orphanage he and Sam grow up together.

Well they did say in the game that Sam and Nate were always in and out of jail at different times

Shaibana
06-05-2016, 02:08 PM
woohoo!
there was a discount on PSN store on the Nathan Drake Collection..
and with my PSN+ i got more discount on it ^^
im happy now.. and now im replaying the entire story from beginning to end <3

and it was not an impulse puchase because i was already looking in the stores for it :P

fat_moogle
06-05-2016, 10:44 PM
So I just got around to completing this game tonight! Overall I enjoyed it a lot and it was a solid ending to an amazing franchise. As Fox said I feel there were a bit too many gunfights, and there were times I had to turn the game off due to frustration; armoured heavies, snipers, shotgunners and lackies from all directions! I found that to be the case with all of the Uncharted games though, that didn't stop me from playing all 5 games (including Golden Abyss). I also agree with Bubba that Uncharted 2 and 3 were probably the better out of the franchise, but 4 pushed the storytelling to new levels and the game was smurfing beautiful.