PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Side villain.

Galuf
05-04-2016, 01:40 PM
A side villain is anyone that isnt the main villain. i may get this wrong so.... theres always the Other option.

Also. in the cases like Golbez. Technicly Zemus was the mastermind so he was the true villain.

Sephiroth
05-04-2016, 03:17 PM
Xande is not a side villain. I could say the same thing about Seymour but I know it would be a waste of time to bring up this topic.

Galuf
05-04-2016, 03:21 PM
Xande is not a side villain. I could say the same thing about Seymour but I know it would be a waste of time to bring up this topic.

i had a feeling about Xande

same with seymour. but i ended up saying that Sin was the main.

Sorry i got that wrong.

Fynn
05-04-2016, 03:23 PM
Of the list, I liked Golbez the best. Big soft spot for big guys with a big heart, especially if they made a heel-face turn at some point.

Sephiroth
05-04-2016, 05:33 PM

It is not about being "wrong"; just that Dark Cloud and [Sin] can hardly be considered real villains.

Ffamran mied Bunansa
05-04-2016, 05:55 PM
Of the list I've always really liked Shinra and wished he and the company had continued to be important in the endgame. Outside of the list I would say Gilgamesh is the best.

charliepanayi
05-04-2016, 07:01 PM
Ultros wins for humour value, as do Zorn and Thorn in FFIX.

Pumpkin
05-04-2016, 07:02 PM
Golbez fo sho

Galuf
05-04-2016, 07:11 PM
Ultros wins for humour value, as do Zorn and Thorn in FFIX.

ah. yes see i missed out Zorn and Thorn.

also if theres side villains in XI and XIV then sorry. Though theres 19 options there so i wouldnt of fit them.

Vermachtnis
05-04-2016, 07:17 PM
I had to give it to the Turks for being entertaining. I love Rude and Reno.

also if theres side villains in XI and XIV then sorry. Though theres 19 options there so i wouldnt of fit them.

At this point it would be anyone who is not Zodiark.

Depression Moon
05-04-2016, 10:39 PM
Zorn and Thorn.

Saber
05-05-2016, 12:20 AM
Edea and Seifer were both great side villains so I choice them. Even though Squalls rival didn't make the list.

Wolf Kanno
05-05-2016, 03:24 AM

Galuf
05-05-2016, 11:02 AM
Edea and Seifer were both great side villains so I choice them. Even though Squalls rival didn't make the list.

Damn. how did i remembe Adel. but not Seifer

Fynn
05-05-2016, 11:55 AM

It is not about being "wrong"; just that Dark Cloud and [Sin] can hardly be considered real villains.

Oh, they're villains all right. Even Big Bads. But not primary antagonists, and that's the difference here. An antagonist doesn't have to be a villain, just someone opposing a protagonist. If they're their main opposing force throughout most of the story, they're a primary antagonist. So Xande, Golbez, Edea, and (arguably) Seymour are primary antagonists.

Galuf
05-05-2016, 12:14 PM

Oh, they're villains all right. Even Big Bads. But not primary antagonists, and that's the difference here. An antagonist doesn't have to be a villain, just someone opposing a protagonist. If they're their main opposing force throughout most of the story, they're a primary antagonist. So Xande, Golbez, Edea, and (arguably) Seymour are primary antagonists.

i never even thought about that lol.

but it makes sense... i think.
i mean no one called Gary/blue/name in pokemon a villain. but he was an enemy

Fynn
05-05-2016, 12:18 PM
Yep! Although Pokemon has this weird thing where the rivals are not quite that integrated in your main plot. But they certainly do act as antagonists, as is the case with the Pokemon gym leaders and elite four + champion, and the villainous team, only the last of which are villains. It gets interesting with Black and White where N is definitely the primary antagonist as he drives the plot forward and opposes the protagonist on many ocassions, but even though he's part of team Plasma, he's not a villain. Instead, Ghetsis is the main villain, and though he's still an antagonist, he doesn't have nearly as much presence as N.

Sephiroth
05-05-2016, 12:46 PM
"Real villains" was not referring to "villains in general" in my post but as "main villains", so "the big bads" and that is what they are not, because the big bads are the main villains. Darth Vader is also a real villain. Darth Vader is a main antagonist. However, he is not the main villain. That is Darth Sidious.

And by all means, "villain" considers having a morally influenced character, being an individual character with decisions of a person at all. Dark Cloud and [Sin] did not work like that. Dark Cloud was a manifested natural force. And [Sin] was the instinctive part of Jecht that he could barely control - even the part of an individual person that existed in [Sin], Jecht, was not evil at all. So wasn't Yevon=Ju. Yevon=Ju was only an echo of what was left of a broken man. Sin definitely is the antagonist-entity, but no villain entity.

Shiva95
05-05-2016, 12:59 PM
I voted for Seymour. I consider him as the main vilain of FFX, actually.

Fynn
05-05-2016, 01:06 PM
"Real villains" was not referring to "villains in general" in my post but as "main villains", so "the big bads" and that is what they are not, because the big bads are the main villains. Darth Vader is also a real villain. Darth Vader is a main antagonist. However, he is not the main villain. That is Darth Sidious.

And by all means, "villain" considers having a morally influenced character, being an individual character with decisions of a person at all. Dark Cloud and [Sin] did not work like that. Dark Cloud was a manifested natural force. And [Sin] was the instinctive part of Jecht that he could barely control - even the part of an individual person that existed in [Sin], Jecht, was not evil at all. So wasn't Yevon=Ju. Yevon=Ju was only an echo of what was left of a broken man. Sin definitely is the antagonist-entity, but no villain entity.

It's the cause of the "evil" in the world. It's the reason why everything goes to shit and it wants it all to stay that way for his own personal goal. That is definitelty villanous. An Eldritch Abomination of alien morality can't be excluded from being classified as a villain.