PDA

View Full Version : [Craft] Harmonixer's Plushie Thread

harmonixer
05-06-2016, 01:11 PM
I tried re-purposing my old thread about Valefor but I couldn't edit the title, so instead I'll make this thread and dump any new plushes into this.

Anyway, wanted to share my homemade Carbuncle plush with you. I'm sure I looked like a nutcase in the garden photographing it.

Pheesh
05-06-2016, 02:35 PM
That's friggin amazing. Can't wait to see more!

harmonixer
05-20-2016, 10:43 AM

My latest Chocobo plush. It will eventually have riding gear and armour, and a couple of little chicobos running after it.

Psychotic
05-20-2016, 11:04 AM
Your stuff is incredible. Do you ever offer any creations for sale?

Kalevala
05-21-2016, 02:25 AM
Jesus Christ, that Carbuncle almost looks real.

Formalhaut
05-21-2016, 02:37 AM
Your stuff is incredible. Do you ever offer any creations for sale?

My house could​ do with a lovely Final Fantasy plushie. :plotting: Harmonixer's etsy store (https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/OwlDinnerParty) does sell plushies, but I am the worst at being quick.

EDIT: Oh my goodness I saw your Rowlet plushie. PIMP ROWLET YES.

harmonixer
05-22-2016, 10:30 PM
I do occasionally make stuff for sale but it's usually to cover fabric costs. I don't do it regularly because it's not my IP to sell and it's a little boring to just churn out the same thing, but if it's in the forum rules I'll post about any Final Fantasy stuff I make for sale in this thread.

I'm glad you all like the stuff I've posted (and pimp Rowlet :P)

Formalhaut
05-22-2016, 10:53 PM
I do occasionally make stuff for sale but it's usually to cover fabric costs. I don't do it regularly because it's not my IP to sell and it's a little boring to just churn out the same thing, but if it's in the forum rules I'll post about any Final Fantasy stuff I make for sale in this thread.

I'm glad you all like the stuff I've posted (and pimp Rowlet :P)

That'd be awesome!

What made you want to make plushies? I mean, they're very well made and designed superbly, so you must be very skilled at what you do. What got you started?

harmonixer
05-23-2016, 07:59 AM
What made you want to make plushies? I mean, they're very well made and designed superbly, so you must be very skilled at what you do. What got you started?

I was playing Xenoblade Chronicles earlier in the year and fell in love with Riki, one of the main characters.
I looked for an official plush to buy but none had been produced. They'd made a one-off plush for marketing though and included the sewing template in one of the game artbooks. I made Riki and his wife and enjoyed it so much that I've started working out my own sewing templates for Final Fantasy stuff too - anything that isn't officially made. I've already got all the official FF plushes and plush keyrings at the house so these get added to the pile. :)

harmonixer
06-03-2016, 03:14 PM
Finished a few days ago: some little chicobos. I assume someone's trying to breed some racing chocobos.

Freya
06-03-2016, 03:21 PM
dawww those chocobos!

harmonixer
06-07-2016, 07:17 PM
Another plush (seriously just tell me to stop posting if I'm getting annoying). This one is a Spiritlord/Glasya Labolas from The Last Remnant. I figure if anyone has played or remembers The Last Remnant they've got to be on these forums!

Ayen
06-16-2016, 04:16 AM
Whoa, these are awesome. Keep up the great work! <3

Six
06-19-2016, 07:15 PM
Oh wow! Such talents! Your work is absolutely amazing. :heart:

harmonixer
08-06-2016, 03:02 PM
Some more plushies to share with you

Final Fantasy X - Valefor. A little one for myself. There's a big one for sale at my store https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/OwlDinnerParty (I hope it's okay to post a link)

Black chocobo from FFXV - I own a big pile of chocobos now. It's fantastic.

Trico - The last guardian - Not Final Fantasy/Square Enix related but I thought it might be of interest :3

Galuf
08-07-2016, 02:42 PM
These plushies are amazing. Very very well done on making these. The detail is awesome.

Bubba
08-08-2016, 12:39 PM
I WANT ALL OF THESE

Lyndis Highwind
08-08-2016, 08:56 PM
These are absolutely amazing! I want all the Chocobos! :)

harmonixer
11-14-2016, 09:52 AM
Made a couple of World of Final Fantasy moogles (I love this game!). Kupirate is going to live in my sitting room but the standard moogle is for sale on Etsy (https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/OwlDinnerParty).

harmonixer
02-24-2017, 03:40 PM
A few more that I finished this year:
MBS malboro from Kingsglaive.

Moogle dolls from FFXV. I also popped the sewing template online if anyone wants to make one themselves ^_^

Bubba
02-24-2017, 03:52 PM
LOOK AT THE MALBORO

That is so impressive!

Formalhaut
02-24-2017, 06:23 PM
That's the cutest damn Malboro I've ever seen.

Look at its eyes! Dawww! I really don't mind being inflicted with fifty smurfing ailments and dying by that thing.

sharkythesharkdogg
06-09-2017, 08:47 PM
You're quite good at this stuff. Do you take requests for fun?

I'd love to see everyone's favorite, Ultros.

Darth Ganon
06-10-2017, 04:55 AM
I will literally do anything for those chocobos. ANYTHING. Name your price.

Vyk
06-12-2017, 03:44 AM
These are amazing, and seem to be getting churned out really fast. About how long does it take you? Are there patterns online for most of these, or do you have to draw them up yourself freehand from concept art or something? I've always been interested in this stuff but never took the dive. Especially since one of my old interests was to follow Jim Henson and become a puppet maker

harmonixer
01-29-2018, 11:07 AM
These are amazing, and seem to be getting churned out really fast. About how long does it take you? Are there patterns online for most of these, or do you have to draw them up yourself freehand from concept art or something? I've always been interested in this stuff but never took the dive. Especially since one of my old interests was to follow Jim Henson and become a puppet maker

Not all that fast. They usually take between weeks and months to finish, depending on the complexity. I started out using plushie templates found online and as I began to understand how the templates turned into 3D shapes I could start making my own. Everything posted here is my own template. I tend to doodle the creature a bit, either from a picture or from memory, as you suddenly notice all sorts of weird details that you might now have seen before and have to consider. Then I make a sketch the same size as the plush I want to make that I can use as a reference so everything is to the right scale and proportions. If it's got four legs (or it's a chocobo) then it's a side-on sketch. Anything else (like a malboro) is a front on sketch. Then it's just planning the template! I don't always get it right first time. Some bits have to be amended or restarted completely. Like with all things it takes practise.

Definitely give it a go if it's something you want to try out. Find something you want to make and give it a try. The first one I tried was http://www.owlsteaparty.com/translated-pattern-for-riki-plushie-xenoblade-chronicles/ as there was an existing official template and he's mostly a ball with a snazzy outfit. If I can ever be of help let me know :)

harmonixer
01-29-2018, 11:09 AM
Been playing Final Fantasy XIV a lot, so here are some creatures that I've been making :P

CimminyCricket
01-29-2018, 11:37 AM
These are downright amazing. I am very jealous of your skill.

Shauna
01-29-2018, 12:56 PM
That last one is p savage