PDA

View Full Version : Glitch-spotting?

Silent Warrior
05-09-2016, 05:59 PM
Woo, here I am, finishing FF7 for the first time on the PS4, and thought I'd lob a Pandora's Box at JENOVA*Synthesis - and its model sort of doubled. :shifty: (Or did it triple? Did it re-double one of the models when I cast Pandora's Box again? Double the JENOVA, double the fun?) It looked... Shin Megami Tensei-weird when I destroyed the arms, let me tell you! Has anyone seen this before? Is it a new glitch for the PS4-version, or a known issue since the PSX days?

(Also, the length of this game if you don't go bonkers on the Chocobos and Materia/Weapon grinding? I REALLY do not see why people are upset over the length of Star Ocean 5 now... I had to do some level grinding at the end, did some random optional bits and doodads in the middle, and my final time went just over thirtyseven hours.)

Karifean
05-09-2016, 10:14 PM
I think this is a glitch that exists across all PC versions, and since the PS4 version is a port of the PC version it I'm not surprised the glitch persists there. What it basically is is that invisible enemies become visible when Pandora's Box is cast, and the arms of Jenova Synthesis are actually two more Jenova Synthesis enemies that are simply invisible, slightly misplaced and - obviously - act differently.

Silent Warrior
05-10-2016, 05:10 AM
... But... that just sounds like poor gameplay mechanics design/programming, not a proper glitch. Okay, nothing new, then.

theundeadhero
05-10-2016, 07:32 AM
The first time played through the game was on PC back when it was new, but that was so long ago I don't remember if it did this or not.
The game doesn't seem too long to me. I've fully completed it a few times and it always averages about 69 hours. One time it was exactly that, and the others were a few minutes ahead or behind.

Midgar Mist
05-13-2016, 03:41 PM
Ah the redouble triple. Sounds like something a sports pundit would say.

Silent Warrior
05-14-2016, 05:09 AM
*Takes a bow* Of course, I'm not familiar with sports punditry in the slightest.