PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Sun and Moon Starters Revealed

Clo
05-10-2016, 03:48 PM
http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2016-05/10/pokemon-sun-moon-starters-revealed

I'm already in love with Litten.

Freya
05-10-2016, 03:49 PM
Daawwww

Jinx
05-10-2016, 03:52 PM
It's going to be incredibly hard choosing between Littlen and Popplio.

Shauna
05-10-2016, 03:53 PM
The owl kinda freaks me out.

Fynn
05-10-2016, 03:53 PM
Okay

Fire Starter is a cat. This. I just. I always pick fire starters. This is a dream come true!

Other notes:

- the region looks to be based on Hawaii! OMG :omgomg:

- everyone is taller now! Looks like the battle models for people from X and Y are how the regular models look, which is awesome!

- holy crap, the professor this time is ripped!

- lion legendary? Think I'm getting Sun

Clo
05-10-2016, 03:56 PM
I just hope their evolved forms don't look stupid, like what happened to the little fox in X/Y (Or was it White/Black?).

Fynn
05-10-2016, 03:57 PM
Hey, Delphox was super cool!

Clo
05-10-2016, 04:01 PM
Hey, Delphox was super cool!

I just thought the final evolution was so weird looking I couldn't even use it. I hope I don't dislike their later forms.

Fynn
05-10-2016, 04:02 PM
I think it was pretty original. I liked that it looked like a witch. But that's just my opinion!

Alright, dropping out of this thread and anything Pokemon related until November 23rd! I know the starters, the legendaries, and the general aesthetics of the region. Now I need to cut myself from any new Pokemon info and get to experience the new game like I did the old ones :D

Pumpkin
05-10-2016, 04:21 PM
So it's coming out November 23rd?

Del Murder
05-10-2016, 04:53 PM
I like the kitty. If it ends up as a fire tiger then I'm sold.

Ffamran mied Bunansa
05-10-2016, 05:07 PM
Rowlet is my kind of Pokemon.

I am loving the new character models, and something about the areas looks better than XY or ORAS.

Fynn
05-10-2016, 06:32 PM
I'm still not over this

Sephex
05-10-2016, 07:23 PM
Sweet, a fire cat!

Aerith's Knight
05-10-2016, 07:41 PM
I'm sorry, but 2/3 just look ridiculous. The other one is a cat.

Not impressed. But the cat is nice.

Fynn
05-10-2016, 07:49 PM
The owl is pretty adorbs

Galuf
05-10-2016, 09:34 PM
litten for me. and sun.

psst hey fynn... what happened to no spoilers :p

Night Fury
05-10-2016, 09:36 PM
I love the seal starter. I'll probably pick Moon!

Jinx
05-10-2016, 09:37 PM
I love the seal starter. I'll probably pick Moon!

YES GET IN WITH THE SEAL CAMP

Apparently a lot of people think it looks dumb, and they are objectively wrong.

Night Fury
05-10-2016, 09:37 PM
I bet it will 11/10 have the best final evolution form.

Jinx
05-10-2016, 09:38 PM
Probably!

Freya
05-10-2016, 09:38 PM
I like all of them this round. Not one I'm like eww or meh about! Usually there's at least one I don't like but they are all cute!

Formalhaut
05-10-2016, 09:43 PM
The owl looks super cute and is an interesting grass/flying type. Popplio looks adorable also, and is a fun sea-lion shape. Honestly, everyone's going crazy over Litten but I'm not seeing it myself. It looks perpetually pissed off. Has weird whiskers as well.

As long as it isn't another fire/fighting I'll be fine. Though it'll probably be Fire/Dark by the look of it.

Galuf
05-10-2016, 09:44 PM
as per fire law. Litten will have an ugly final form :(

joining with: Delphox Emboar Infernape and Typhlosion.

im glad they come out just before my birthday though

Night Fury
05-10-2016, 09:45 PM
It looks perpetually pissed off.

Oh god. It looks like me :|

Pumpkin
05-10-2016, 10:06 PM
I too am in the seal camp

Jinx
05-10-2016, 10:14 PM

gdi now i need to choose it and name it tara

I too am in the seal camp

YES PUMPKIN

Pumpkin
05-10-2016, 10:15 PM
Water starters 4 lyfe

Scotty_ffgamer
05-10-2016, 10:18 PM
Seal for me too.

Formalhaut
05-10-2016, 10:22 PM

gdi now i need to choose it and name it tara

What have I started :p

Skyblade
05-10-2016, 10:54 PM
bh4M2wOyIYw

Wow. Great feels with this one. Getting started in a new country with no friends? Pokemon has your back!

Although the kid just totally pulled a Gary Oak and switched to the Fire Type after learning the other kid picked the Grass Type...

Depression Moon
05-10-2016, 11:46 PM
http://nintendoinquirer.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Pokemon-SunMoon-Starter-Rowlet.png

If I ever get this game I'm going with this one. What I'm more excited about is trainer customization. Since your character is pretty much a blank slate and I don't get many characters ever in games that look like me I can finally make a black trainer. I just hope it includes some black hairstyles.

Skyblade
05-11-2016, 06:16 AM
By the way, in other Pokemon news... There's a Shiny Xerneas event going on via WiFi Mystery Gift. Just connect via WiFi with any of the 3DS games.

Fynn
05-11-2016, 06:27 AM
litten for me. and sun.

psst hey fynn... what happened to no spoilers :p

No spoilers after the announcement of starters, legendaries and the region :p That's the info I usually knew before the Internet. So here's hoping I can keep it up!

Skyblade
06-02-2016, 03:04 PM
Well, more Sun/Moon news dropped. This time, the Type of the Legendaries, their Abilities and Signature Moves, and the inclusion of a Rotom-possessed Pokedex.
XW14HO7C1Dg

Galuf
06-02-2016, 03:58 PM
those are cool new types for legenderies

CimminyCricket
06-02-2016, 05:37 PM
It doesn't make sense for a Sun pokemon to be psychic. It should be fire! :C

TheKeybasHKey
06-02-2016, 07:23 PM
I don't know if there typing has to do with something with the Third one.

Galuf
06-02-2016, 07:26 PM

Maybe the 3rd is Psychic Dark?

(have we had that yet?)

Sephiroth
06-02-2016, 07:38 PM
Oh Japan you did it again. You made something weird and used to it make the world better.

I cannot wait for Pokémon Moon to be full of Umbreon, Clefairy, Jigglypuff, Nidoran, Lunatone, Cresselia, etc. And Sun should focus on Fire and Plant.

Skyblade
06-02-2016, 07:55 PM

(have we had that yet?)

Inkay, Malamar, and Hoopa Unbound are the only ones.

I don't think they'd go Psychic-Dark, though. Currently, the other two Types have no interaction with each other. Psychic-Dark would be super-effective against Lunala, and normal effective against Solgaleo. Which just seems weird.

I think it's more likely we'll hit a secondary type that doesn't interact with the other two. But, unfortunately, there is no Type that fits that mold. So I have no clue.

Del Murder
06-02-2016, 08:49 PM
I love Psychics, so those are some cool types. It is odd that the Sun one is weak to fire while Moon is double weak to dark!

TheKeybasHKey
06-02-2016, 09:05 PM

(have we had that yet?)

Hoopa Unbound was Psychic/Dark.

I think i know why Solgaleo is Steel, it has to do with the Sun... But still it doesn't clear me why Lunala is Ghost, like what it has to do with the moon?

Galuf
06-02-2016, 09:33 PM

(have we had that yet?)

I don't think they'd go Psychic-Dark, though. Currently, the other two Types have no interaction with each other. Psychic-Dark would be super-effective against Lunala, and normal effective against Solgaleo. Which just seems weird.

I think it's more likely we'll hit a secondary type that doesn't interact with the other two. But, unfortunately, there is no Type that fits that mold. So I have no clue.

maybe one that Supers both Lunala and Solgaleo?

Skyblade
06-02-2016, 10:53 PM

(have we had that yet?)

The only options there are Dark and Ghost, which are strong against the Psychic (and Ghost) Type that they share. Nothing hits both Ghost and Steel super effectively.

Unless we get a new Type, but I doubt that.

The one which best fits a "do nothing" interaction is Electric. Doesn't hit either Super-effectively, but it does resist Steel.

Galuf
06-02-2016, 11:15 PM

(have we had that yet?)

The only options there are Dark and Ghost, which are strong against the Psychic (and Ghost) Type that they share. Nothing hits both Ghost and Steel super effectively.

The one which best fits a "do nothing" interaction is Electric. Doesn't hit either Super-effectively, but it does resist Steel.

i guess dark and ghost is cool. (or was before gen VI) but a unique type would be cooler

Skyblade
06-02-2016, 11:26 PM

(have we had that yet?)

i guess dark and ghost is cool. (or was before gen VI) but a unique type would be cooler

It would also be rather unfair, as both of those options would hit Lunala quad-effectively, while only being x2 effective against Solgaleo.

Due to Psychic and Ghost sharing two of the same weaknesses (and those being the only weaknesses Ghost has), the only option for a third Type that doesn't unfairly benefit one of the Legendaries over the other is... Bug. Super Effective against Psychic, but resisted by both Steel and Ghost. So, neutral against both other legendaries. Plus, Bug resists Ghost, so a Bug/Psychic would take neutral damage from both the Steel STAB of Solgaleo and the Ghost STAB of Lunala.

Although, that would give Lunala an unfair advantage, as its Ghost type does hit the Psychic side of Solgaleo Super Effectively.

Galuf
06-02-2016, 11:41 PM

(have we had that yet?)

It would also be rather unfair, as both of those options would hit Lunala quad-effectively, while only being x2 effective against Solgaleo.

Due to Psychic and Ghost sharing two of the same weaknesses (and those being the only weaknesses Ghost has), the only option for a third Type that doesn't unfairly benefit one of the Legendaries over the other is... Bug. Super Effective against Psychic, but resisted by both Steel and Ghost. So, neutral against both other legendaries. Plus, Bug resists Ghost, so a Bug/Psychic would take neutral damage from both the Steel STAB of Solgaleo and the Ghost STAB of Lunala.

Although, that would give Lunala an unfair advantage, as its Ghost type does hit the Psychic side of Solgaleo Super Effectively.

We havent had a bug legendary iirc. i mean it has alot of weaknesses but most could be eliminated with a secondary type right?

also has any other trio had 1 that beats the other 2?
im unsure if water is good against steel/dragon, because then palkia would beat dialga

Skyblade
06-02-2016, 11:50 PM

(have we had that yet?)

We havent had a bug legendary iirc. i mean it has alot of weaknesses but most could be eliminated with a secondary type right?

Genesect, Bug/Steel.

im unsure if water is good against steel/dragon, because then palkia would beat dialga

Water is neutral against Steel, but resisted by Dragon. Water resists Steel, but takes neutral from Dragon.

Dialga beats both Giratina and Palkia in matchups, because it has Dragon STAB, which both others are weak to, while Dialga resists it because of the Steel Type.

There's also the Xerneas/Yveltal/Zygarde trio, where Xerneas hits Super Effective against both others.

Kyogre clearly upstaged Groudon, though Rayquaza had no real interaction with the trio.

There's no real evidence to develop a Type triangle, but I don't have much else to speculate from. I don't know the mythological inspiration for the legendaries (a bat and a lion?), or I'd go from that.

Galuf
06-02-2016, 11:54 PM

(have we had that yet?)

Genesect, Bug/Steel.

Water is neutral against Steel, but resisted by Dragon. Water resists Steel, but takes neutral from Dragon.

Dialga beats both Giratina and Palkia in matchups, because it has Dragon STAB, which both others are weak to, while Dialga resists it because of the Steel Type.

There's also the Xerneas/Yveltal/Zygarde trio, where Xerneas hits Super Effective against both others.

Kyogre clearly upstaged Groudon, though Rayquaza had no real interaction with the trio.

There's no real evidence to develop a Type triangle, but I don't have much else to speculate from. I don't know the mythological inspiration for the legendaries (a bat and a lion?), or I'd go from that.

Was zygarde known before XY realeased? maybe they will reveal it. i kinda hope they dont though.
or hell they might be weird and make 4 legendaries instead of 3

Skyblade
06-03-2016, 06:41 AM
As for the mythology that Solgaleo is based on...

It appears to be alchemical.

Since ancient times, Solgaleo has been honored as an emissary of the sun. It is referred to with reverence as “the beast that devours the sun.” Solgaleo's body holds a vast amount of energy, and it shines with light when it's active. It has a flowing mane with a remarkable resemblance to the sun. Its signature move is Sunsteel Strike, an attack that charges at an opponent with the force of a meteor, disregarding the target’s Ability.

Solgaleo’s Ability is Full Metal Body, a new Ability that no previous Pokémon has had. With the Full Metal Body Ability, a Pokémon’s stats will not be lowered by the effects of an opponent’s moves or Ability.

"The lion that devours the sun" is an alchemical term and symbol referencing the purification of metals.

It's also a decently important plot point in Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood.
So I don't think it's a coincidence that it's Ability is "Full Metal Body".

Fynn
06-06-2016, 03:27 PM
Just wanted to point out that the Internet is now lusting over Prof. Kukui (http://cheezburger.com/8802123520/pokemon-sun-and-moon-new-professor-internet-reactions-hilarious-lustful?ref=whatspopular)

Jinx
06-06-2016, 04:09 PM
he's got douchey facial hair, no thank you

Fynn
06-06-2016, 04:14 PM
At least it's not a soulpatch

Pumpkin
06-06-2016, 04:20 PM
Yeah he's not doing it for me

Jinx
06-06-2016, 04:21 PM
Yeah, Sycamore or gtfo

Galuf
06-06-2016, 04:59 PM
oh no. now you are making me think of Elms artwork, where he looks like he has uh yeah you know

Ayen
06-07-2016, 09:57 AM
The starters look great. There isn't one I actively dislike. Choosing between them is going to be hard.

Fynn
06-08-2016, 02:03 PM
https://i.chzbgr.com/full/8803063040/hB0E62D44/

Formalhaut
06-08-2016, 02:21 PM
Yeeah, he's doing nothing for me, either. I almost get a sorta douchey P3 Junpei vibe from him. Sycamore looks better, but with a name like Augustine Sycamore he sounds like a wealthy Bond villain. Or a snob. Or both! I like Prof. Juniper for breaking that glass ceiling! I also like Professor Elm for being adorably nerdy.

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/thumb/e/ec/HeartGold_SoulSilver_Professor_Elm.png/195px-HeartGold_SoulSilver_Professor_Elm.png

Look at him!

Fynn
06-08-2016, 02:23 PM
I think Birch was my personal favorite

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/thumb/d/d0/Omega_Ruby_Alpha_Sapphire_Professor_Birch.png/250px-Omega_Ruby_Alpha_Sapphire_Professor_Birch.png

But I still like Kikui a lot! They're following the trend of younger and more attractive professors that Juniper started, which is interesting.

http://65.media.tumblr.com/c9ec6e7a15ae0c2d29a2c45a17b1d4be/tumblr_mv8of4rPkG1sm8hr6o1_1280.png

PS: DO NOT google "tumblr pokemon professors" at work. You'd think Sycamore's the only one, but no. Oh no. Apparently there isn't a single professor that doesn't fit in with someone's fetish. I just found out the hard way.

Formalhaut
06-08-2016, 02:31 PM
Overall, yeah the trend is towards younger professors. It started with Elm really - he doesn't look that old, maybe middle age. Rowan really jacks up the average though, but then Juniper, Sycamore and now Kukui has lowered it again.

Honestly, I'm just not a fan of Kukui's decision to wear nothing but an open lab coat. That can't be good scientific practice, even if you're in faux-Hawaii. And that facial hair is abysmal.

P.S: Oh I don't know, I don't think Sycamore's the only attractive one. As I mentioned previously, I actually rather like the look of Prof. Elm. He's sort of attractive in a nerdy adorkable sense. Kukui's rippling abdominals do nothing for me.

Fynn
06-08-2016, 02:32 PM
Idk, I dig the design.

Formalhaut
06-08-2016, 02:34 PM
I know we're pretty much having a back and forth at this point, but while we're on the topic of demographics - where are the black or minority ethnic professors? Not just professors either, I'm struggling to think of an NPC who is from the BAME category as well.

Galuf
06-08-2016, 02:41 PM
i like prof rowan the best.

whats a BAME?

Fynn
06-08-2016, 02:41 PM
Kikui is racially ambiguous, probably some mix of Hawaiian native, if you want to stick to the real world parallel. Hau is also pretty black

http://www.siliconera.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/hau_thumb.png

Also, we are slowly entering slippery territory. Let's just focus on the starters or something.

I love how the region is four islands! Will we have to surf everywhere, or will there be more ferries this time around?

http://www.technobuffalo.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Pok%C3%A9mon-Sun-and-Moon-Aloha-Region-Map-1280x905.jpg

Galuf
06-08-2016, 02:43 PM
Kikui is racially ambiguous, probably some mix of Hawaiian native, if you want to stick to the real world parallel. Hau is also pretty black

http://www.siliconera.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/hau_thumb.png

Also, we are slowly entering slippery territory. Let's just focus on the starters or something.

I love how the region is four islands! Will we have to surf everywhere, or will there be more ferries this time around?

http://www.technobuffalo.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Pok%C3%A9mon-Sun-and-Moon-Aloha-Region-Map-1280x905.jpg

theres quite a few blacks.

Iris
Marlon
the 2nd gym leader in 5th and 6th gen

Formalhaut
06-08-2016, 02:44 PM
i like prof rowan the best.

whats a BAME?

Black Asian and Minority Ethnic.

I mean, I'm not saying we should have a full on debate about the complexities of race and gender within the Pokemon universe; it's just something that popped into my head.

But sure, let's continue discussing the finer points of Popplio's nose. The region is very pretty looking. Harkens back to Hoenn, doesn't it?

Fynn
06-08-2016, 02:45 PM
Marlon is just really tan, though :p

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120414084734/pokemon/images/3/37/Marlon.png

That thing on his stomach are tan lines. If you don't believe me, look at his feet.

Galuf
06-08-2016, 02:46 PM
i think youll have to surf a bit then later you can ride boats.

also, yeah i guess you are right i never noticed before. about marlon

Formalhaut
06-08-2016, 02:50 PM
I decided just to do some casual research and has it appears, black characters appear much more frequently in Gen V and Gen VI than in the previous four generations. Specifically, one group of redditers bandied together this list:

To sum up what everyone has said and add a couple of my own:

Unova Gym Leader Lenora
Unova E4 Member Mershal
Unova Gym Leader/Champion Iris
Hoenn E4 Member Phoebe (possibly)
Kalos Gym Leader Grant
A bunch of Gen 5 and Gen 6 trainer models (a couple off the top off my head are the XY Schoolgirl and the BW Hoopster)

So that's good. And with the series moving to faux-Hawaii, we might get greater representation still. The fact that you can change your avatar's skintone was also a great step.

Fynn
06-08-2016, 02:51 PM
I didn't notice it either until someone on Pokememes pointed it out.

Still, marlon was pretty lame XD

Also, I'd like to note the entirety of the Johto, Kanto, Hoenn and Sinnoh region people are definitely designed as Asian, considering the place is based on Japan. Pokemon are actually pretty good about their representation, because they pretty much always try to work around the place its based on. So you have a melting pot of different races in Unova, mostly white with some black and Middle Eastern in Kalos, and it seems like Alola will be pretty mixed as well, judging from the trailers, which represents Hawaii pretty well, it looks like.

Galuf
06-08-2016, 02:54 PM
aye marlon is boring, only thing saving him is his towns theme

Formalhaut
06-08-2016, 02:55 PM
I didn't mean to critique Pokemon, as compared to other games they are very good at representation. Still, the early generations were very homogeneous. Which I guess makes sense as Japan is as well. :)

Fynn
06-08-2016, 02:55 PM
He's like the annoying hippie dude who is constantly acting like he knows better than you and preaches about how gray the conflict is when it is entirely not gray in B2W2. Guy found himself in the wrong game.

Jinx
06-08-2016, 03:30 PM
HOLY SHIT MARLON IS A BABE

Also, Formy, you just find Elm attractive because he literally looks exactly like Carny. xD

Formalhaut
06-08-2016, 03:44 PM
Perhaps? Maybe when Mr. Carny has become a middle-aged man, perhaps. He is pretty clumsy.

Fynn
06-08-2016, 03:46 PM
Professor Elm is in his early 30s. That;s hardly middle-aged :colbert:

Formalhaut
06-08-2016, 03:57 PM
Oh, I was thinking more like 40. Well I'm awful at guessing ages.

Fynn
06-08-2016, 04:05 PM
Nah, it's just the hairline that makes him look older.

Mr. Carnelian
06-08-2016, 06:12 PM
Also, Formy, you just find Elm attractive because he literally looks exactly like Carny. xD

The comparison never really occured to me before, but I'm not mad at it.

Galuf
06-14-2016, 03:25 PM
You know, all this talk about "what we want in sun and moon" on youtube or whatever, not one mentions the cool gym themes in B2/W2 returning.
i thought that was awesome.

Galuf
07-01-2016, 08:28 PM
aye guys.

7 new pokes reveled.

i cannot get pics cos im on xbox.

theres. an electricy thing that looks like a legend

a Square thats bug/electric which evolves into a cool fly bug with RAZOR MOUTH.

a weird fluffy undescribable being. Normal/Dragon. (one dude thinks it evolves from Dunsparce)

THE UGLIEST FISH EVER :barf: water/psychic

the only one i remember name. Cutiefly. its cute.

aaaaaaand the pikachu. its hedgehog (haha fuck u dedenne) Steel/electric

sorry i got no pics

CimminyCricket
07-01-2016, 08:42 PM
I liked the Beetle that was Bug Electric. I think that'd end up in my party if I decided to only play with pokemon from this generation.

http://www.serebii.net/smleak1.jpg

http://www.serebii.net/smleak2.jpg

http://www.serebii.net/smleak3.jpg

http://www.serebii.net/smleak4.jpg

http://www.serebii.net/smleak5.jpg

http://www.serebii.net/smleak6.jpg

http://www.serebii.net/smleak7.jpg

Galuf
07-01-2016, 08:47 PM
ive heard the bottom one is a legendary. reminds me of Victini.

KillthefishKillthefish.

Del Murder
07-01-2016, 08:53 PM
Is that second to last one supposed to be a Bug/Winnebego?

Skyblade
07-01-2016, 08:53 PM
I liked the Beetle that was Bug Electric. I think that'd end up in my party if I decided to only play with pokemon from this generation.

http://www.serebii.net/smleak1.jpg

Hello, Falcor. Didn't expect to see you after all these years. :)

http://www.serebii.net/smleak2.jpg

Steel/Electric, apparently. Like a Magnemite, but a hedgehog.

http://www.serebii.net/smleak3.jpg

Wave Motion Tuning Fork (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/WaveMotionTuningFork) as a Pokemon.

http://www.serebii.net/smleak4.jpg

I saw this episode of My Little Pony.
It looks cute now. But just wait...

http://www.serebii.net/smleak5.jpg

Given that the Reef Triggerfish is the state fish of Hawaii, this design makes sense for the Alola region.

http://www.serebii.net/smleak6.jpg

The meme.

http://www.serebii.net/smleak7.jpg
Gets an Ability which lets it set Electric Terrain when it enters battle. So, a +50% to its Electric STAB for five turns. Quite nice.

Galuf
07-01-2016, 09:02 PM
still love the square bug even if its a meme

Jinx
07-01-2016, 11:54 PM
ELECTRIC HEDGEHOG POKEMON

HI SONICHU

Skyblade
07-02-2016, 10:28 PM
Chicken tiki mask legendary.

Tapu Koko may be inspired by the Hawaiian god Kū, who is traditionally portrayed through feathered imagery.

Kū is one of the four major Hawaiian gods who existed before the world was formed. The other three are Kāne, the creator deity who is associated with dawn, the sun, and sky; Kanaloa, who is represented by the squid or octopus and has powers complementary to those of Kāne; and Lono, the god of fertility, agriculture, rainfall, music and peace who is considered the Provider.

With four islands, each presumably having their own protector, we could be seeing this as the first of a quartet.

Galuf
07-06-2016, 02:57 PM
I want Charjabug flip. but sadly no one else likes voltorb flip :(

Skyblade
07-06-2016, 03:28 PM

Really? I thought it was pretty popular. I certainly liked it.

Galuf
07-06-2016, 03:34 PM

Really? I thought it was pretty popular. I certainly liked it.

ive heard alot of people say it shit compared to the slots.
i honestly prefer voltorb flip, and the catchy music

Galuf
07-07-2016, 03:02 PM
Now theres a weird black lizard who is poison/fire who can poison ANY type. yes that means Steel/poison.

its called Salandit.

Skyblade
07-07-2016, 07:00 PM
Now theres a weird black lizard who is poison/fire who can poison ANY type. yes that means Steel/poison.

its called Salandit.

I'm guessing that's due to its new Ability: Corrosion.

I wonder if we'll get Pokemon with similar Abilities for other status effects and moves.

Allow Grass Pokemon to be affected by powders, allow Fire Pokemon to be burned, etcetera.

Galuf
07-11-2016, 10:47 PM
Not related:

ive been watching a Platinum Lp and it has made me think. i never played platinum, only pearl. and i kinda want to play it. But.....

well. im wondering, how likely is a 4th gen remake in gen 7 or 8? or is it more worth to buy platinum. if it came out in gen 7 or 8, i think id wait for then to play it cos then the games would feel more epic.

Gen 4 is great though, so i think a remake that increases battle speed would be the best.

hmm i like games with slow battles apparently. FF IX, pokemon Gen 4....

I put this here cos it doesnt need a thread, and its semi related to 7th gen

Galuf
07-12-2016, 05:47 PM
Now we got a cute bear who is feared by the alolans. Normal/Fighting

and a weird Ghost/fairy, Which mimics stuff or something. it looks creepy and cool

Depression Moon
07-12-2016, 11:56 PM
Don't post pictures of it because it's from a scan of a magazine and we don't allow that here I think. I'm also debating about changing the title of this thread.

Galuf
07-13-2016, 01:30 AM
Don't post pictures of it because it's from a scan of a magazine and we don't allow that here I think. I'm also debating about changing the title of this thread.

Oh ok, well. i cant put pics anyway, i just say what i see unless someone else has posted a more detailed post of the pokemon. But thank you.

Skyblade
07-13-2016, 03:19 AM
New Japanese trailer, which does show off the new Pokemon very briefly, and the new mechanic, although not enough to tell what it does.
ceVb22TqlV8