PDA

View Full Version : Do You Enjoy A Nice Rainy Day?

Pumpkin
05-19-2016, 05:01 PM
I love them! How about you?

Formalhaut
05-19-2016, 05:16 PM
I love them! How about you?

I smurfing love rain. Storms, torrential, moderate, I love it all. It feels so refreshing, and the acoustics are nice as well - I personally like hearing rain patter down the windows. I love being in and outside it. More than a few people think I'm weird for liking the rain.

Honestly, my love of rain makes me really dislike cloudy weather. It's just so dull and inbetween. Look, if it is going to be sunny, make it sunny. If it is going to rain, make it rain. Don't sit there in a dull, ugly half-way house.

Fynn
05-19-2016, 05:22 PM
Nope. Not only is it completely impractical, making moving outside very troublesome, I get a considerable decrease in mood whenever the weather isn't sunny. Granted, if it's been a long period of sunlight and I don't need to go anywhere, I'll tolerate the odd rainy day from a distance. But in general just keep the stuff the fuck away from me

Pumpkin
05-19-2016, 05:24 PM
I think it's very pretty and it sounds so nice. It also has that refreshing feeling like Formy mentioned. Especially on a hot day getting some nice cool rain. It feels nice on the skin too!

Coincidentally, it's raining today when the poll went up :P

Freya
05-19-2016, 05:29 PM
I LOVE storms. I love living in Tornado Alley because they are sooooo cooool.

I feel more comfortable on days when it's overcast. Rain is the best.

Pheesh
05-19-2016, 05:40 PM
I like a massive downpour as a break from hot weather, but too much rain for too many days in a row becomes depressing for me.

Peter1986
05-19-2016, 08:12 PM
Yeah, I think there is something enchanting about rain, it's like the world takes a break and all you hear is the rain falling. :up:

I'm in northern Sweden right now, and it's recently been raining here, and it's early summer so there is this beautiful combination of greenery, rain scent and the sun shining and illuminating rainclouds in the distance.
And it's 9:12 PM.
Bright evenings for the win.

Galuf
05-19-2016, 08:35 PM
i wish everday was rain.

Vermachtnis
05-19-2016, 10:18 PM
I don't like storms, but I do love the rain. My Mawmaw having a tin roof is to blame. Rain on a tin roof is the best sound.

Syssareth
05-20-2016, 12:42 AM
Voted "Other", because although rain and thunderstorms are awesome, they're really pretty inconvenient. If you're out and about, you get wet. If you're at home, it's like, "Dude, look at all this lightning, it's amazing, but dang, now I gotta turn off my computer." Or worse, the power goes off and then you're stuck in the dark. (For three days, on one memorable occasion. :mad:)

Plus we've got a tin roof, which is really painfully loud whenever it rains even a little bit. (I can hear drizzle.) Thankfully, my room is under the loft so it's the quietest in the house.

But at bedtime, I do love a good thunderstorm. The stormier the better. I open all the blinds in my room and sleep great. It's hilarious; I don't think I've ever been woken up by thunder. I can't even count the number of times someone's asked me, "Hey, did you hear all that rain and thunder last night? I thought my house was going to shake off its foundation!" and I replied, "...It rained last night?" :lol:

Rianoa
05-21-2016, 08:26 PM
I love the rain, good job too as I live in England. ^^;

Formalhaut
05-21-2016, 08:28 PM
I love the rain, good job too as I live in England. ^^;

But I thought you lived somewhere far away! :erm:

noxious.sunshine
05-22-2016, 06:23 PM
Usually, yes. But Spring in NYC has been practically non-existant. It's been cold and rainy literally all of the Spring season. I think it's been 70°+ maybe 2 or 3 times total.

Wolf Kanno
05-22-2016, 06:48 PM
Yep. (http://www.rainymood.com/)

Sephex
05-22-2016, 07:09 PM
uKHsN1Nr97E

Night Fury
05-23-2016, 12:22 PM
I hate rain in summer/spring because it does a wonderful job of bringing down all the pollen from the air and sets my hayfever right off.

SammieBabe
05-24-2016, 03:59 PM
I love them with conditions.
If I can stay home in jammies and read and nap, they're the best. If I have to drive in them, nope.

I also live in the lightning capital of the world, so that might contribute to it also.

Bubba
05-24-2016, 04:01 PM
If I'm sat inside marathoning Game of Thrones with a huge mug of tea - Yes

If I'm walking back from the train station in t-shirt and shorts - No

Ayen
06-09-2016, 07:52 AM
Nope. Hate them. Though I do like to declare, "I am the storm, brother!" whenever it rains now.

Christmas
06-15-2016, 02:22 PM
Rain is bad. :(

It will flood the sewers drowning the poor ninja turtles. :(

Ayen
06-16-2016, 12:58 AM
Rain is bad. :(

It will flood the sewers drowning the poor ninja turtles. :(

B-But, they have to swim in order to disarm the bombs. :confused:

Xander
06-17-2016, 05:08 AM
I love rain! When I'm indoors I find it inspiring, relaxing, and also a good excuse to stay in and play videogames :D When I'm outdoors, I find it fun! Storms however tend to give me a headache, and I have an irrational fear of thunder XD