PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Ghibli movie?

Fynn
05-19-2016, 10:30 AM
Title says it all. Which of the Studio Ghibli films did you enjoy the most?

While I enjoyed Spirited Away a lot and I think Princess Mononoke might be one of the most amazing movies in history, my personal favorite has to be Howl's Moving Castle. It was the one that clicked with me the most, what with the magical sense of wonder that just speaks to me much better than what we had in Spirited Away, which seems to be a much more popular movie.

charliepanayi
05-19-2016, 10:42 AM
Either My Neighbour Totoro or Spirited Away.

Galuf
05-19-2016, 10:55 AM
ive seen a couple but spirit away was the first and it was great.

Clo
05-19-2016, 12:50 PM
Seriously, this is a ridiculously hard question. It's really hard to choose a favorite because they're all very good, and some are just downright exceptional. I also think mood plays into as well, because on certain days, Ponyo and The Cat Returns are just the perfect thing for me.

Overall though, Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind I think is my absolute favorite, and this is in a near neck-in-neck tie with Princess Mononoke. They both have rich storylines and characters, and amazing worlds and visuals.

Bubba
05-19-2016, 01:30 PM
Howl's Moving Castle.

Freya
05-19-2016, 02:29 PM
It's a big tie between Princess Mononoke and Howl's Moving Castle for me. I adore both of them soooo much.

Pike
05-19-2016, 04:28 PM
My Neighbor Totoro has been my favorite movies ever since I was like five or however old I was when I first saw it. It just gets better the older you get.

Scotty_ffgamer
05-19-2016, 04:38 PM
My Neighbor Totoro, Howls Moving Castle, and Nausicaa generally stay at the top for me. It does depend on my mood though. Basically anything by Miyazaki is a favorite. I enjoyed Only Yesterday and from Up On Poppy Hill quite a bit, and I'm sometimes just in the mood for those. Cat Returns is fun. Haven't seen Earthsea, and I thought Whispers of the Heart was only OK. Grave of the Fireflies was well done, but I will never watch it again. So depressing.

Midgar Mist
05-19-2016, 07:00 PM
Spirited Away and Pongo...I think its called Pongo....fish girl anyway.

I will give My Neighbour Totaro a shot. The youngest girl is so adorable :moogle:

Fox
05-19-2016, 07:14 PM
Somehow there is a whole bunch of Ghibli that I haven't seen. But I went to the Electric in Birmingham the other day (oldest cinema in the city. apparently) as they're showing Ghibli films! We watched Totoro. It was awesome and sweet and great xD

My favourite of the ones I've seen is Kiki's Delivery Service. Yet to watch Howl's Moving Castle which is THE one everyone says to see.

I hated Spirited Away.

Spirited Away and Pongo...I think its called Pongo....fish girl anyway.

I will give My Neighbour Totaro a shot. The youngest girl is so adorable :moogle:

Ponyo! ^_^ I haven't seen that one yet.

Wolf Kanno
05-20-2016, 12:35 AM

Though anyone who has seen my posts would know this. My number 2 on the other hand would be...

DMKA
05-21-2016, 01:41 AM
Spirited Away

blackmage_nuke
05-21-2016, 05:49 AM
Castle in the Sky followed by Spirited Away and Kiki's Delivery Service.