PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Attitude Era WWF Wrestler

Colonel Angus
05-25-2016, 05:01 PM
*Using WWF because that's what it was during that period

Who was your favorite?

Slothy
05-25-2016, 06:26 PM
Mick Foley. Much love for the rock and sock connection.

Rocket Edge
05-25-2016, 06:53 PM
The Rock was just the best. So much charisma and was a terrific wrestler.

I also had a special place for Mick Foley, Chris Jericho, and the one and only Goldust. The latter being the worst used wrestler of all time by the WWF. His gimmick was legendary and they exploited it to the bare minimum.

Psychotic
05-25-2016, 09:53 PM
It was Benoit but not an appropriate choice in light of what happened.

Zanmato
05-25-2016, 10:05 PM
The many faces of Foley, of course! :hattip:
He's the one of the most charismatic and the most extreme wrestlers of all time. :cool:

Pheesh
05-26-2016, 12:31 AM
At the time of watching it was always the Hardy Boyz, and they're still awesome. But one day it dawned on me just how amazing the Rock actually was, both in and out of the ring. For me, no one has been able to emulate his charisma.

Slothy
05-26-2016, 12:40 AM
It was Benoit but not an appropriate choice in light of what happened.

I don't know. I think it's more than fair to recognize the man for his professional work, especially considering what he did he did because he was most certainly not well. Even though things have improved on the head injury front in the WWE since, it still pains me a bit that such a clear example of why these people need to be kept safer and have their health be more of a focus is largely swept under the rug these days. What he did was terrible, and it's all the more reason to make sure no one ends up with a brain as utterly riddled with trauma as his was ever again.

DarkMatta
05-26-2016, 02:00 AM
Got to be that Texas Rattle Snake. The moment that you knew he was making he way to the ring, which created excitement throughout the arena. Then that glass shatters and everyone goes absolutely ballistic. Never seen anything before it or after his days.

Such nostalgia hitting me right now.

Slothy
05-26-2016, 02:10 AM
Honestly, I don't even think it's possible to pick one person. Just such a great era in rasslin' with so many stand out guys that could run circles around most people before or since both in the ring and on the mic.

Del Murder
05-26-2016, 05:39 PM
I love Jericho. One of my favorites of all time and I saw the star in him even when he was at WCW. Steve Austin was also basically responsible for the whole Attitude Era taking off. Kurt Angle was hilarious, especially as a heel. Mick Foley was the backbone of the company.

But The Rock was the best of them all. The brilliance of the Attitude Era was that 90% of the drama happened outside of the ring, and The Rock is the best wrestling interview of all time. He oozed personality. He took an absurd move--a standing elbow drop--and transformed it into most electrifying move in sports entertainment. And the fans went nuts over it. His fueds with Austin, Triple H, and especially Foley are legendary. Rock & Sock Connection is my favorite tag team of all time.

Gods I miss that era.

noxious.sunshine
05-27-2016, 12:36 AM
Undertaker..

I must say though... Now that he's older, I think he fits his role much better.

In todays WWE, I'm really sick of Charlotte Flair being women's champ (she did embarrass Rick on RAW this week and told him to GTFO) and New Day being tag team champs... Although Xavier Woods plays XIV and one night he played the victory fanfare on his trombone so mad props to him.

Charlotte is good. Really good. But she drives me nuts.

Ambrose dumped a big bucket of steel thumb tacks during Extreme Rules and slammed Jericho onto them on his back. He had 70 tacks stuck in his back and arms. There was some blood. Ambrose accidentally shot himself onto the pile a bit and got it too, tho.

Pike
05-27-2016, 11:41 PM
Apparently my brother-in-law is related to The Rock and he crashes family reunions sometimes. Which is awesome, because HE is awesome.

Does anyone else remember when he cameoed in Star Trek Voyager? That was amazing. And ridiculous.

Madame Adequate
05-27-2016, 11:50 PM
I liked pronouncing "Benoit" as "Benn-oyt" to make my friends angry.

Now I pronounce it "mur-dur-ur".

Slothy
05-28-2016, 12:43 AM
I liked pronouncing "Benoit" as "Benn-oyt" to make my friends angry.

Now I pronounce it "mur-dur-ur".

Too soon... :cry:

Bubba
05-28-2016, 11:00 AM
I went with The Undertaker as I don't recognise a lot of the others. My era was Ultimate Warrior, Macho Man Randy Savage, Mr Perfect, Bret Hart, British Bulldog.

I am old.

Del Murder
05-30-2016, 04:56 AM
Apparently my brother-in-law is related to The Rock and he crashes family reunions sometimes. Which is awesome, because HE is awesome.
Pike wins the thread.

Forsaken Lover
05-31-2016, 11:23 PM
eLsVA2M4Ras

Technically the Attitude Era is supposed to extend passed even the Invasion angle but most people online regard the Attitude Era from about 1997-2000 or so.

I was the biggest DX fanboy so when Trips finally stepped onto the main event scene, I was very happy. The fact is, while he maybe was never on par with Rock or Austin, he had to carry the company in 2000 when they were indisposed. He is an excellent talent in his own right anyway.

Also he had the most beautiful hair. I would give anything to have hair like he had back then.

Ayen
06-07-2016, 08:39 AM
Undertaker is my favorite wrestler overall, but when it comes to the Attitude Era exclusively I'd say Austin is pretty much AE personified.

Though The Rock's run is when the ratings really started taking off in their favor in a more permanent matter, so he's definitely a close second. I also loved Mankind and Kane and Chris Jericho during this time period as well.

Forsaken Lover
06-07-2016, 09:41 AM
The lack of DX appreciation makes me want to tell you all two words.

sharkythesharkdogg
06-07-2016, 04:46 PM
Does anyone else remember when he cameoed in Star Trek Voyager? That was amazing. And ridiculous.

I just watched that episode a few days ago, and then by coincidence the same night he showed up again in an episode of That 70's Show that pumpkin was watching.

I had to explain that was the point in time where he was wisely transitioning from "The Rock" to Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson in an effort to broaden his entertainment appeal.

Ayen
06-07-2016, 09:27 PM
So far to my knowledge he's been the only wrestler who has successfully made the transition from wrestling to movies.

Austin is all right if he gets a role that suits him, but Rock has more ranges he can reach than Stone Cold.

Forsaken Lover
06-08-2016, 03:15 AM
Suburban Commando was awesome.