PDA

View Full Version : Summer Required Gaming

Wolf Kanno
05-21-2016, 05:47 AM
Kinda like required reading but gaming, yeah I'm so clever! ^^;

Anyway summer is almost upon on us and I thought it would be interesting to do a group event where we all suggest a game for people to play (try to choose something easily accessible) and then we each take one game from the list and try to finish it before summer is over.

So for the rest of this month (May) we'll compile a list of suggested games for people to play and then on June 1st, anyone who wants to try their hand on one of the games just names it and you have your project for the summer. We'll meet back the first of September to see how all the participants are doing. Also feel free to turn you gaming "homework" into a let's play or blog or anything. ;)

The List
To the Moon (Steam)
The Legend of the Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel (PS3)
Until Dawn (PS4)
Shin Megami Tensei Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers (3DS and eShop)
Pillars of Eternity (Steam)
Danganronpa: Trigger-happy Havoc (PSVita/Steam)
Wild ARMS 2nd Ignition (PS1/PSN)
Catherine (PS3/XBox 360)
Papers Please (Steam)

Pumpkin
05-21-2016, 06:22 AM
Can we suggest a few games?

Wolf Kanno
05-21-2016, 06:29 AM
Sure, but maybe only three at a time though, don't want this list to look too long and intimidating. ;)

Fynn
05-21-2016, 06:54 AM
Sounds awesome! I think I may even have a cool suggestion that would finally give me a pretext to play a game I have already on the 3DS!

About suggesting - maybe we could have people propose like three to five games each and then, through voting, we would decide which manageably sized group would prevail?

Pumpkin
05-21-2016, 06:58 AM
Okay I have three:

If you're on a budget and want something short and sweet, I put up To The Moon (Steam)
If you're a huge RPG fan and are looking for a new series to get in to and have a lot of time on your hands, I suggest The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel (PS3)
And if you have more disposable income and are a fan of the horror genre and horror tropes and want to have some fun with that, I suggest Until Dawn (PS4)

Fynn
05-21-2016, 07:18 AM
My list is this:

- SMT: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers (3DS, available on the eshop) - a cyberpunk dungeon crawler with a strong 90s vibe and demon negotiations. More of a hardcore RPG experience.
- Pillars of Eternity (Steam) - a Western RPG in the vein of Baldur's Gate with a rich world, cool story, and very memorable characters. Might take some time getting used to, but it's a pretty rewarding experience.
- Danganronpa: Trigger-happy Havoc (PSVita/Steam) - a visual novel that puts you in the shoes of a high school students who have to overcome a deadly game involving murders and blood-pumping trials. The tone is something you wouldn't expect.