PDA

View Full Version : "Poochie" characters

blackmage_nuke
05-21-2016, 11:46 AM
You know the type, when the show starts to grow stale and they inject a new character to spice things up. Which ones did it best? Which ones fell flat?

Pike
05-21-2016, 05:53 PM
...for a second I honestly thought this thread was about that old 80s anime cartoon with the dog and robot

eltkhI5zs-I

Del Murder
05-21-2016, 10:58 PM
Future Academy Award winner Leonardo DiCaprio started off as a Poochie character. :p

Cody from Step by Step was the best Poochie, and he was probably one of the main characters they were parodying with that episode.

maybee
05-23-2016, 12:36 AM
eh, Full House when they added in the twins ???

Wolf Kanno
05-23-2016, 04:38 AM
The worst will always be Pinky, Elmyra, and the Brain, the original Pinky and the Brain even lampshaded how bad of an idea this was with the episode Pinky and the Brain and Larry but the executive did it anyway.

blackmage_nuke
05-23-2016, 05:20 AM
I hear a lot of people arent a fan of later seasons of Stargate but I really liked Vala and I think her character made up for the lackluster season arcs.

Vicki in Just Shoot Me was one of the bad ones in shows I watched start to finish and made it really obvious the show was going down the drain

I was also deeply irritated by any filler arc characters from Bleach that stick around for canon arcs but I think that's a different category of character.

Midgar Mist
06-02-2016, 07:23 AM
This is the gal who has just recently come across what a certain Mr Kanno made last year.

"When the other characters aren't there, they should be saying where's Lightning?"

XD

So that's one of his Poochies but as for mine let's see.....

Oooh I know, Agent Reyes in Season 9 of X Files! She was a major Poochie. Of course it wasn't their fault Duchovny Quit but......they had already replaced him with Robert Patrick so.....why did I need an extra character who was a bit psychic?

MM: Agent Reyes is a tool
Reyes: ooooh I SENSED you were gonna say that.