PDA

View Full Version : How Well Would You Fare In An Zombie Apocalypse?

Formalhaut
05-28-2016, 05:01 PM
Society's gone to the dogs, or rather, zombies. Be it through a rogue organisation, an alien organism from a crashed asteroid or unexplained scientific experiments, zombies have plagued the Earth. Now only a grouchy sheriff and a ragtag bunch of survivors ca- only you and possibly a handful of survivors have to survive without the luxuries of the modern day.

Many skills that would have been useful are now made redundant, be it through the lack of electricity or available technology. Rather ironically, as a Sociology graduate, I'm probably worst placed to survive in the wilderness.

So the question is, assuming that humanity has returned to hunter-gathering (there may be rogue factions or gangs looking for resources, including several suspiciously pleasant 'safe' communities), how well would you cope? Are you the expert hunter and team leader that will rally the team together? Or would you be the first to go?

Mr. Carnelian
05-28-2016, 05:09 PM
Being in a large group when there are zombies around is just asking for trouble, seeing as zombies often seem to be able to sense large groups of people. So, I'd just go off on my lonesome - with you of course, Formy, assuming you've survived - to a small village in the countryside, kill the small number of zombies there and bunker down. If the village had a shop, there'd probably be enough canned/tinned food to last me for ages.

Vermachtnis
05-28-2016, 06:43 PM
Me:
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f278/katietiedrich/comic184.png (http://www.awkwardzombie.com/index.php?page=0&comic=013111)

Elly
05-29-2016, 02:12 AM
considering i spent my childhood moving back and forth between the densely wooded areas of North Louisiana and the deserts of West Texas, my siblings and i grew up learning survivalism as just part of our way of life, it's how we had fun... i have no doubt that if a zombie apocalypse happened even though we're now spread far apart we'd all most likely survive... we're all trained in various mele weapons so firearms with limited ammo are no problem... now our kids on the other hand will most likely not make it as they are all pampered and spoiled and wouldn't last a day without a cell-phone or electricity...

theundeadhero
05-30-2016, 08:44 AM
I would survive just fine on my own. I may let a small group of people I trust hang out, but eventually drama would drive me to leave them and keep surviving on my own.

Galuf
05-30-2016, 12:51 PM
id be deaded fast

Night Fury
05-30-2016, 12:56 PM
I work in a hardware store so it's something that comes up often as we have a lot of survival tools there.

I reckon I'd be alright for a while. I've also said if anyone goes and does something stupid I'm not fucking helping them or sticking around, they are dead GOODBYE.

Basically I'd be cold as fuck until it caught up to me and got me :D

Formalhaut
05-30-2016, 01:06 PM
I reckon I'd be alright for a while. I've also said if anyone goes and does something stupid I'm not smurfing helping them or sticking around, they are dead GOODBYE.

You must have some strong words for the Walking Dead survivors then.

Night Fury
05-30-2016, 01:39 PM
It's why I can't watch that show; they do stupid risky shit all the damn time.

Pumpkin
05-30-2016, 09:05 PM
Not well

CimminyCricket
05-30-2016, 09:12 PM
I would do fairly well, I'm more of a find a place and hole up kind of guy. I know that would bite me on the ass eventually, which is why I didn't say I would do great. The goal for where I'm at is there is old fort that has been set up to mimic life of the time period and it has high stone walls and only one big, heavy door. In my head I imagine it working.

Zanmato
06-05-2016, 03:06 PM
My asthma is my biggest weakness, so I would/should use my wits to survive.
I'm percipient and feeling great in a group - I'm always willing to help.

Freya
06-05-2016, 10:37 PM
I would survive initially very well. I lived in the country on a ranch most my life and come from a long line of hunters. Because of this, I actually have and know where to get lots of food and I know how to manage in less than ideal situations away from people. I also am a great shot.

It's the long game i'd suffer in. I'm a medical mess. So after the initial lack of meds, once I run out, I'd be screwed. I'd die from an asthma attack brought on by all the shit i'm allergic too. We'd have to raid pharmacies and that's going to run dry and become more and more dangerous the longer the zompocalypse goes on.

As long as I can get to my parents house though, i'm good. My mom has loads of heirloom seeds and whatnot and various books and info on medicinal herbs which I could somewhat use to help combat the asthma. It's just getting there and keeping people away.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
06-05-2016, 10:46 PM
I want preppers to die first. They're too overconfident and they're too excited about the world ending.

You know who I'm talking about. These George Romero aficionados who buy ammunition and survival gear in bulk. I want it to all be for nothing.

If they were the slow shambling zombies all you would need to do is put on a Carhartt suit. If you've got on some thick clothing that they can't bite through, problem solved. That's a big thing you have to suspend your disbelief for when watching a zombie show, everyone's running around in tshirts.

If they're some World War Z zombies we're all dead.

Ayen
06-07-2016, 04:26 AM
I'd start out pretty well. I'd stay hold up in my house, board all the doors and windows, ration my food, keep the weapons on standby. I wouldn't trust anybody at all and keep the lights off to not lure the undead. But if I was force out of my house or got outnumbered by raiders I'd probably be smurfed without plot armor.

Old Manus
06-07-2016, 10:49 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ViOAUNuq58

imo

Lone Wolf Leonhart
06-10-2016, 03:49 AM
I would think of a *tips fedora* joke but saying m'anus doesn't sit well.

Ffamran mied Bunansa
06-10-2016, 05:20 AM
I can shoot guns okay, know how to survive in the outdoors somewhat, have a working knowledge of electronics and machinery, and I am willing to defer to others of greater knowledge. I think I would do okay if I managed to survive the first while, but I am no one man wrecking machine or survival genius.

escobert
06-10-2016, 04:35 PM
we'd be fine. I'd worry most about taking care of the kids. We live in the middle of nowhere at an elevation over 1,000 feet with dense forest all around us. There's plenty of animals to hunt, plenty of area for gardens and my grandfather has so much old crap laying around the farm we could build things we need. Also lots of fencing to try and help keep the zeds out. We all have wood stoves to heat so cold wouldn't be an issue in winter and we also have tons of jars and canning supply to package stuff we need to save over winter. My grandmother knows just about every plant around here and would be able to help teach everyone how to forage. My father and grandfather can build about anything and rig most things to work.

Christmas
06-15-2016, 02:31 PM
http://gifyu.com/images/hercules.gif