PDA

View Full Version : Naps

Pike
05-27-2016, 11:39 PM
Do you often take naps?

It's funny because when I was a teenager and in my 20s I wasn't huge into them, I figured I could suck up being tired and do better things with my time. But now that I'm creaky and old and in my 30s I've come to appreciate them a lot more. Sleeping is totally a great use of time! Sign me up for naptime.

Madame Adequate
05-28-2016, 01:15 AM
I like the experience of napping and the feeling of comfy naps, but I don't like the time it takes or the fact I often wake up from naps with a headache,

Pheesh
05-28-2016, 01:26 AM
Never been a fan. I tend to wake up feeling groggy and more tired than I was before I took the nap, and it messes with my sleeping pattern which is brutal because of my early starts at work. The only time I will nap is if I am sick.

CimminyCricket
05-28-2016, 03:58 AM
Naps are the only reason I get out of bed in the morning.

Bri
05-28-2016, 05:32 AM
I love naps, I try and take them together with my son.

Bubba
05-28-2016, 09:02 AM
Yeah, I'm the same as Pheesh. It totally buggers up my night sleep. If I nap in the day, even for like 20 mins, I'll be up till 2am guaranteed.

Crop
05-28-2016, 09:44 AM
I'm with Pheesh and Bubba, and I find it a waste of time. Only time I nap is if I'm sick or super hungover, both of which are rare. I hope I'm never in a situation where I have to nap in the day to function. Right now I can sleep for 6 hours a night and function perfectly fine, and I'm very happy with that.

Formalhaut
05-28-2016, 12:45 PM
I have napped before, and while I appreciated the rest when I really needed it, I do agree with Pheesh and Crop; naps end up making me more tired in the long run.

Dark_Valentine
05-28-2016, 11:26 PM
All the time...I love them.

Shaibana
05-29-2016, 01:21 PM
Dark_valentine, why are you not at the penny Dreadfull thread? D: (im so lonely over there)

I sometimes take an (unwilling) nap at work.
During my break I sit in the office with 2 (maybe even 3) sleeping cats on my lap and I just join them.
Sleep is contagious. But sleeping in a chair is not very comfy.

and yeah.. it often doesnt make things any better and makes me feel even more tired.

Pumpkin
05-29-2016, 03:14 PM
I do love taking naps. When I had to stay on schedule for school though I can't take them because it'll mess up my sleep schedule. But for summer break? Nap when I'm tired

Sharky naps before bed which is just... which is just odd to me.

Formalhaut
05-29-2016, 04:16 PM
I do love taking naps. When I had to stay on schedule for school though I can't take them because it'll mess up my sleep schedule. But for summer break? Nap when I'm tired

Sharky naps before bed which is just... which is just odd to me.

Does he treat sleeping like he treats main meals? He has a nap starter, then sleeps for the main course?

It actually makes an odd sort of sense. I'm so groggy after a nap I could easily fall back to sleep.

Midgar Mist
05-29-2016, 08:10 PM
Do you often take naps?

It's funny because when I was a teenager and in my 20s I wasn't huge into them, I figured I could suck up being tired and do better things with my time. But now that I'm creaky and old and in my 30s I've come to appreciate them a lot more. Sleeping is totally a great use of time! Sign me up for naptime.

Allllllll the time.

I never needed an afternoon nap as a toddler. Then when I was at school and college I was in a rountine so naps happened but they were rarer.

Then when I graduated the government had finished chewing so it spat me out while saying GET A F**KING JOB YOU LOSER while its employers treated me like crap.

Then forget to hire me all that much....so yeah.......napping is all I have.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
05-30-2016, 04:04 AM
I took a five and half hour nap today.

Midgar Mist
05-30-2016, 05:05 AM
In fact my whole sleeping pattern is based on a series of naps. I always have broken sleep.

sharkythesharkdogg
05-31-2016, 08:05 PM
Well what's the point of watching my shows if I can't fall asleep during them?

Loony BoB
06-03-2016, 01:16 PM
I am cool with naps if they don't interrupt my sleep schedule during working weeks. If I'm on holiday, or am just catching up on lost sleep, I make use of naps. I also make use of naps when watching really boring football games.

Fynn
06-03-2016, 01:17 PM
Used to nap a lot more when I was still in uni and my schedule was much more hectic. Now, I don;t really need them and they kinda take away time I'd otherwise spend on a hobby

Zanmato
06-03-2016, 02:13 PM
I don't like naps - it's like wasting of time which I could spend to do something... errrr... productive? XD
I'm falling asleep during the day only when I'm bored. Yes, I really do! XD

fire_of_avalon
06-05-2016, 02:47 AM
Naps are bad. I only nap when I'm sick or have been up for a really long time. Down with naps, up with up!

Ayen
06-07-2016, 04:39 AM
I've taken naps only once or twice as of my time writing this. I usually sleep for longer than intended when I do.

Shaibana
06-10-2016, 01:54 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TN8ohy1qcts

Christmas
06-15-2016, 02:28 PM
http://i.imgur.com/yEZpUAF.gif