PDA

View Full Version : Do You Tweet?

Formalhaut
05-30-2016, 05:04 PM
http://www.adweek.com/socialtimes/files/2011/08/twitter_icon_2011.png

Twitter is one of the most popular social media platforms out there. Everyone from politicians to celebrities has jumped on restricting themselves to 140 characters, as if we were reverting back to morse code or something.

Yet still it persists as a vehicle for promotion, the sharing of important news and, of course, telling the world what you had for dinner.

So, EoFFers, do you tweet? Do you like tweeting? How do you get around the character limit without sounding like a teenager? Do you actually use the 'direct message' feature (I never have). Of course, if you don't tweet, feel free to explain why you don't, and such.

Don't forget that EoFF has a Twitter crammed full of updates and maintained by the very friendly social media managers @eyesonff - because you needed another excuse to not do work at the office.

Pike
05-30-2016, 05:08 PM
I used to tweet quite a lot but recently (as of about a few months ago) I've kind of gotten bored with it and now I only show up once every couple of days. Nothing against twitter but I always treated it like a chatroom of sorts and I've been hanging out with different people in different "chatrooms" (by which I mean, other online hangouts).

Vermachtnis
05-30-2016, 10:05 PM
I seriously get Tweetter, Timber, and Readit confused all the time. What's the one with all the sharps?

Aulayna
05-31-2016, 12:55 AM
I tweet a lot, and get paid for it.

TheKeybasHKey
05-31-2016, 01:04 AM
I do have Twitter i never use it. I just used it last weekend, i don't really like all that 140 Characters thing of Twitter.

Pike
05-31-2016, 01:29 AM
I tweet a lot, and get paid for it.

SOMEONE should tweet more about... blood elves :shifty: specifically why Lor'themar Theron is the best leader and should be warchief

theundeadhero
05-31-2016, 06:36 AM
I never have and never will.

Zanmato
05-31-2016, 11:10 AM
I'm not really into social media. I hardly use Facebook - I only use it to contact with my friends.
The only advantage of Twitter (at least to me) is that many celebrities use it to communicate with their fans personally. I also wouldn't have time to maintain it since I'm a part of 5 different forums.
As you see, I'm clearly the forum guy. :lol:

Freya
05-31-2016, 02:48 PM
Yeah, Sometimes I go in spurts and tweet all day then some days I don't for a few. I am supposed to be tweeting on the Eyesonff account but I've been slacking lately. WHOOPS. I've been trying to build more of a reader/writer twitter fam lately as I've been getting more into book reviews and whatnot.

Here I am. (https://twitter.com/Freya_Meow)

Pumpkin
05-31-2016, 04:06 PM
Very rarely

Clo
05-31-2016, 05:04 PM
I tweet every day, and have quite the follower base.

Karifean
05-31-2016, 10:13 PM
My Twitter account exists almost exclusively for following and reading other people's tweets. I rarely make a tweet of my own.

Old Manus
06-02-2016, 11:31 AM
I tweet occasionally #Outrage #CondensedOpinions #OUTRAGE #Brexit

Midgar Mist
06-03-2016, 12:51 AM
Not then. Not now. Not ever.

Sephex
06-03-2016, 01:10 AM
I'll occasionally tell bad jokes on it and use it to follow online people I like. I briefly felt what it would be like to be an e-celebrity when Ray Narvaez Jr (formerly of Rooster Teeth) retweeted me tweeting "*Waluigi Screams Internally*"

Man, my phone blew up that night. Granted, I know that you can set it so your phone won't do that, but regardless I have no idea how people like him handle all that attention!

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
06-03-2016, 01:14 AM
Nope. But I am all about that Instagram.

G13
06-05-2016, 07:53 AM
I've been known to twat.

Ayen
06-07-2016, 04:34 AM
I have a Twitter page to promote my channel, and that's it. I plan to be more active once I'm back full time from my latest hiatus. Been out sick.