PDA

View Full Version : Who the hell is Ultros anyway?

Peter1986
05-30-2016, 06:08 PM
So you are on that raft on Lete River, happily heading for Narshe - and then all of a sudden some random octopus shows up from nowhere and wants to fight you.
And not only that, he actually stalks you for most of WoB and fights you several more times after that!
What's this guy's purpose?
Why is he doing this?
Is he pissed that you disturbed him?
Yeah, well, I guess that's one plausible reason why he wanted to fight you on Lete River - perhaps he was just defending his territory or something.
But what about all the other battles?
Is he seeking revenge?
Who is he?! :eek: :p

Fynn
05-30-2016, 06:21 PM
As he states himself, he's clearly after the girls. He wants his tentacles around then. Subtle.

Midgar Mist
05-31-2016, 12:01 AM
He's a skirt chaser? How did I miss that?

I just saw him as a plot device. A silly monster serving as a counterpoint to Kefka. He's annoying when he crops up, he near KILLS me on that Opera Stage but he really does add spice and some devilish humour to the story.

It kinda irks me that I don't know how the
Opera ends thanks to him. The real story I mean, not Locke's improv.

Peter1986
05-31-2016, 12:20 AM
I sometimes like to pretend that the entire rest of the game is "Part 2".

Ayen
06-09-2016, 08:36 AM
The true villain of Final Fantasy VI.

Shaymin
08-13-2017, 08:44 AM
He's a skirt chaser? How did I miss that?

I just saw him as a plot device. A silly monster serving as a counterpoint to Kefka. He's annoying when he crops up, he near KILLS me on that Opera Stage but he really does add spice and some devilish humour to the story.

It kinda irks me that I don't know how the
Opera ends thanks to him. The real story I mean, not Locke's improv.

The opera ends with Draco and Prince Ralse getting into a swordfight which Maria tries to break up and ends up getting fatally stabbed. Both Draco and Ralse bemoan this tragedy and declare their love for her. THE END.

Kibbs Kibbard
02-10-2018, 04:21 PM
When I was younger Ultros and I had a love-hate relationship, he loved to kill me and I hate the bastard for it. Now when I play the game and see him, I end up decimating him 9 times out of 10. Normally his first fight always gets me in trouble since I usually rush to the Narshe bit of the game and then start leveling my characters then. Love this game haha!

Jowy
02-13-2018, 07:31 AM
He's hot for Terra. Hence the counter attacks involving tentacles.

SkyRender
05-21-2018, 08:54 PM
Octopus royalty!

maybee
05-23-2018, 12:31 AM
The best FFVI character and our friend.