PDA

View Full Version : Hobbies! Let's gush!

Freya
06-01-2016, 08:07 PM
I've been getting back into reading lately. All the reading, all the time! That and book reviewing. It's a fun little hobby. Also, i've been trying to work on some art at least once a week. I feel much better tending to my own things lately. I also have a garden I've been growing! I consider coffee drinking a hobby as well for how much I drink it.

Pinteresting things is also a hobby I need to break haha.

What are your hobbies, EoFFers? What do you like to do for fun? (other than gaming, you nerds)

Madame Adequate
06-01-2016, 08:14 PM
It's literally only video games. I play about 15 or 16 hours of games per day, every day.

Freya
06-01-2016, 08:17 PM
get more hobbies hux. How about knitting! You can knit cute hats for cats!

Fynn
06-01-2016, 08:19 PM
Reading, writing, drawing, gaming, and anime, I guess. I sometimes feel bad I don't give one part enough attention compared to others. I also wanna get back into composing, but I don't have a piano here :( I do sing occasionally, though

Pumpkin
06-01-2016, 08:23 PM
Video games, writing, drawing

Pike
06-01-2016, 08:23 PM
VIDEO GA-

(other than gaming, you nerds)

uh. I have none then. Sometimes I read fanfics I guess? Does that count as reading?

Madame Adequate
06-01-2016, 08:24 PM

I have found the most efficient way to get in Pike's pants and I am sticking with it :colbert:

Freya
06-01-2016, 08:27 PM

I have found the most efficient way to get in Pike's pants and I am sticking with it :colbert:
Well there you go! Another hobby then! Hobby to get in Pike's pants.

Pike obviously prizes fanfics over yours though :colbert: yall need to work out dem hobby priorities

Pike
06-01-2016, 08:32 PM
That's his secret Cap: he DOES write fanfics :plotting:

Psychotic
06-01-2016, 08:48 PM
I collect Funko Pops. I have about 64 of the fuckers! My biggest collection of them is easily Game of Thrones and I have 20+ of those :shobon: Other well represented ones are Harry Potter, Doctor Who, The Force Awakens and Fallout. My better half gets a large staff discount on them so I haven't spent as much on them as you might think but I'm still a massive nerd I know.

Freya
06-01-2016, 08:49 PM
64! Holy trout.

Are they just hiding around your house or something?

Psychotic
06-01-2016, 08:50 PM
Naw, I have a display case now.

Shauna
06-01-2016, 08:51 PM
I don't have many hobbies outside of video games and reading and watching various crap TV shows. It makes me feel incredibly boring. xD

Also did you get a lot of the funko pops recently, Psy? I don't know if I remember that many of them when we visited. Unless I was unobservant!

Psychotic
06-01-2016, 08:52 PM
Also did you get a lot of the funko pops recently, Psy? I don't know if I remember that many of them when we visited. Unless I was unobservant!Yeah I had about 20 when you were here. Christmas and my birthday have happened since!

Shauna
06-01-2016, 08:54 PM
Yeah, that makes sense. I remembered there being a few, but 40 or so more is quite the jump.

I kinda want to get the entire Adventure Time Funko collection, but eh. LSP is enough.

Freya
06-01-2016, 08:58 PM
I just got a Bender? So now we have... 3... we have 3. I don't think I'll be trying to compete with you there. I have no space for them haha

Bubba
06-01-2016, 09:25 PM
Any spare time I get to myself (which isn't a lot) is spent gaming. My train journey to work I usually read a book. I'll occasionally read on the toilet too.

Don't have kids, folks.

Night Fury
06-01-2016, 09:40 PM
My hobbies.... I like cooking, baking, painting, and make up.

Recently I've found a hobby in trawling charity shops for bargains. I really like sewing and cross stitch too. I enjoy singing/dancing. I just like doing lots of things.

Pumpkin
06-01-2016, 09:41 PM
Oh I do collect figurines as well (and stuffed animals). When we get more monies (maybe in like 10 years) I would like to try making a quilt and a bench for the closet.

Also want to start hiking and getting outside more.

Freya
06-01-2016, 09:43 PM
So we've got a lot of gamers (obvs) writers (nerds) readers (cool kids) collector of funko pops (unique), drawing (neat), singing (ooooo), anime watcher (nerd), fanfic reader (cool?), and a rearer of offspringer

oh snap more posts as I posted this! There we go, some variety! Thanks NF and Pumpkin!

not that the rest of you have bad hobbies but I wanted to hear of some more unique things!

Night Fury
06-01-2016, 09:44 PM
Ooh, if we're talking collecting... I've kind of been collecting a lot of Star Wars stuff lately, eventually when I get back to Aus I want to fill a bookshelf with all of the novels, a few figurines, and some of the other Star Wars things Pheesh and I have. My parents got him a pretty sweet little Millennium Falcon light for his birthday (which he left here btw, so now it is I who has to trawl it back in my suitcase! :stare: It's all going on the shelf of things though.)

Bubba
06-01-2016, 09:55 PM
Oh yeah, playing guitar and singing. I only really do that for money these days though which is quite sad to say.

Formalhaut
06-01-2016, 10:27 PM
I don't really have many hobbies. I suppose the list goes something like:

- Video games (duh)
- Reading
- Recently taken up writing
- Board games? I love them but I don't get the opportunity to play often

I'm pretty boring, all things considered.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
06-01-2016, 11:03 PM
You want hobbies? Well, I've got hella hobbies, and video games are not among them. I'll share the trout out of them with you.

-Reading (mostly sci-fi/fantasy and cookbooks and comics)
-Cooking (I just love to eat good food)
-Running (I've got medals and shirts and trout) (includes obstacle runs like Tough Mudder)
-Martial arts (I teach the Marine Corps style, have studied BJJ, Muay Thai, and Jeet Kun Do)
-Hiking/Backpacking (I spend a week alone in the forest every summer
-Freediving (breath hold diving)
-Drinking (both binge and pleasure)
-Snowboarding (season permitting)
-Bowling (I've got a team and everything. 153 average)
-Intramural Sports (slowpitch softball, flag football, inline hockey)
-Movies (got a group of peeps I watch movies at the theater with on the reg)

Freya
06-01-2016, 11:50 PM
You're the coolest person I know plef

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
06-02-2016, 12:11 AM
Sounds like you need more friends.

I'm kidding obviously. I am super awesome. :D

Pike
06-02-2016, 12:15 AM
I do also collect gaming memorabilia but it's not all fancy and official like Psy's Funko Pop case. I'd like to display more of my stuff on shelves and whatnot but the cat climbs up and eats it all, so for now a lot of it is... hidden.

I have some pretty cool things, like a Starcraft pylon that lights up and charges my phone, a Napstablook plush, various Pepes (from World of Warcraft), a Zergling plush, big fancy maps of the Elder Scrolls provinces, and the like. As well as some "vintage" stuff like an Atari 2600 Yars' Revenge cartridge and the original Pokemon Red box + manual. Among other things :jess:

Freya
06-02-2016, 01:19 AM
A pylon that charges your phone!? Where. Where can i throw my money at?

Pike
06-02-2016, 01:43 AM
A pylon that charges your phone!? Where. Where can i throw my money at?

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/1f45/

It's bigger than it looks. I got it for Christmas and I couldn't fit it in my suitcase with all my other things so my mom had to ship it to me, haha.

Freya
06-02-2016, 01:52 AM
Oh man, my b-day is next month! I know what I want! THANK YOUUUUUU~~~~~

Pheesh
06-02-2016, 02:53 AM
Music. I have my guitars right next to my computer and hooked up through my external sound card. So even when I'm watching Netflix I'll pick up my guitar and play underneath it. There isn't a day that goes by when I don't pick up a guitar or go and practice drumming.

I used to have a lot more. Photoshop/graphic design, reading, writing, maybe some others I'm forgetting. But I feel like any time spent doing that is time that I'm not working on music. Which in a way makes me question whether music is even a hobby for me anymore, it's probably more of a lifestyle choice or second job.

Kalevala
06-02-2016, 04:16 AM
Reading is probably my main hobby. I read quite a bit, comics as well as novels. I write when I can. I like to jog and meditate. I'm a cook but I don't really do much of it outside of work. I also don't game anywhere near as much as I used to/would like to.

I'm the whitest person alive, essentially.

SammieBabe
06-02-2016, 05:00 PM
I read when I can, mostly non-fiction and bios. My history FB page is back up! I started posting again last week. :D

Most recently, I've started taking Pole Dance fitness classes. I'm getting hella big bruises, but I'm loving it and can really feel the changes in my body! :bigsmile:

Karifean
06-02-2016, 05:41 PM
Reading visual no-

(other than gaming, you nerds)

Ah damnit.

Pumpkin
06-02-2016, 05:43 PM
Just list it anyway

That's how passionate we are about video games here at EoFF

sharkythesharkdogg
06-02-2016, 09:34 PM
I nap.

There is nothing else I do on my own time.

Slothy
06-03-2016, 12:18 AM
like a Starcraft pylon that lights up and charges my phone

I have been debating buying that thing for over a month now.

Pike
06-03-2016, 12:45 AM
like a Starcraft pylon that lights up and charges my phone

I have been debating buying that thing for over a month now.

You should do it. It's worth it.

Midgar Mist
06-03-2016, 01:07 AM
-Naps: There's no better way of coping with a mind numbing situation with this.

-Listening to what ever Music I want, when I want and being completely alone while listening to it

-Art: something creative I can be practical and colourful with. And this is a place where I also need to be left to my own devices at present.

Writing: I've had the writing bug since I was first taught how to use a pen and paper. At present, while I may feel willing to share this talent, I have no interest in making it a career. Once I see it as a job, it completely stops being fun for me.

Gaming: this is like my music hobby. I shall play when I feel like it in the safety of my own imaginative cocoon
^_________________^

Going for walks whenever feel like it, on my own, even if its night time. Where the loudest voice is only ever just my own thoughts. Being in touch with nature, and walking off whatever I'm currently irked about.

harmonixer
06-03-2016, 12:33 PM
Apart from gaming for me it's crafts and plushie making! It used to just be video games all the time but as I work with computers all day I really needed something that meant I wasn't staring at a screen.

Loony BoB
06-03-2016, 01:08 PM
Video games first and foremost, obviously. Watching series, sports and film on the various screens. Reading, and by that I don't mean so much reading stories, but reading things like Wikipedia or articles around the web that are of interest to me. I just like to browse. There are a few sites such as EoFF, BBC Sports and imgur that I visit pretty much daily as a hobby of sorts. My cat, Smitzy, is sort of a hobby in that I often go out of my way to just chill with her and pat her while doing nothing else in particular. It's therapeutic. Oh, and world creation. I enjoy doing that. And looking at art online.

Other than that, projects, I suppose. I occasionally just get into a mood where I just get some people together and make something happen, be it big or small. This can result in things such as the Ciddies, the FFVII: Moments art project, setting up a Minecraft server with a heavily customised modpack (this takes longer than you might think), or whatever, I guess.

Scotty_ffgamer
06-03-2016, 07:02 PM
My hobbies all go in phases I think. I stick with one mostly with the other hobbies just popping up occasionally.

Right now it's gaming and buying games/systems/etc, but I'm feeling like that phase is nearing it's end. After I play through FFV I'm probably done with doing a lot of gaming for a bit.

My next hobby that's slowly taking more and more time is reading.

Other hobbies include: writing, playing guitar, singing, acting, trying to teach myself to play piano, playing soccer (this I haven't done in a long time, but I've been feeling the itch lately), binge watching tv shows, collecting and watching horror movies, board games, running/going on walks, cooking, drawing, photography, hiking, geocaching, listening to podcasts...

I'm sure there are some others, but these are probably the most likely candidates to end back up as an obsession.

Pumpkin
06-03-2016, 07:31 PM
I nap.

There is nothing else I do on my own time.

He also races cars, works on cars, plays video games, and reads. He listens to a lot of music as well. He likes a lot of comic books too and we've been starting to collect the Akira manga for him.

He also has an interest in welding and metal working and glass blowing, so I am excited for the future when he gets to experiment with those hobbies.

Sell yourself short :colbert:

sharkythesharkdogg
06-03-2016, 07:34 PM
That was a damn good nap.

Pumpkin
06-03-2016, 07:34 PM
He does nap a lot though, to be fair, I guess

theundeadhero
06-03-2016, 10:45 PM
Who has time for hobbies when you're an adult, a full time college student, and work to pay the bills? Other than gaming. There's not much time for anything outside of gaming.