PDA

View Full Version : Do you eat while you play video games?

Formalhaut
06-02-2016, 05:00 PM
Bowls of snack food go hand in hand with a good video game session. Be it crisps, chocolate, peanuts or Petit croquembouche, snacking while playing is a good way to keep your energy up; and possibly gain weight in the process.

Regardless, what are your go-to snacks for when you want to settle in for the evening and blast some bad guys? Do you go for something solid and easy to eat? Or do you choose something that isn't dusty and liable to muck your keyboard or controller?

Fynn
06-02-2016, 05:02 PM
Every day. I usually take longer to eat my breakfast than my wife (due to also making the bed and stuff like that delaying it for me, and overall I'm quite a slow eater), I spend half of my breakfast by myself while she goes about her business, so I usually play on my 3DS then.

Pumpkin
06-02-2016, 05:05 PM
Not too often because I need my hands free and especially with some foods it gets kind of greasy and stuff. But sometimes

blackmage_nuke
06-03-2016, 02:07 AM
If I'm playing something casually I might play between bites of dinner.

Pheesh
06-03-2016, 11:31 AM
Yeah I often have a bag of chips next to me while I game.

harmonixer
06-03-2016, 12:29 PM
I usually have a cup of tea with me and dessert gets eaten with videogames usually. If my partner had his way he wouldn't stop playing The Division or Destiny while he ate dinner.

Zanmato
06-03-2016, 01:48 PM
No! I don't want to make my controller dirty! ;-;
When I'm hungry, I just take a break and eat something. :P

Bubba
06-03-2016, 04:35 PM
No! I don't want to make my controller dirty! ;-;

Absolutely this.

No-one is using one of my controllers while they're eating either.

Elly
06-05-2016, 03:34 PM
i only snack between sessions, then i wash my hands before i touch my controller again... i won't let anyone else touch my controllers either with filthy hands... it's really annoying when someone gunks up a controller with food on their hands then i have to disassemble the controller and hit it with alcohol and cotton balls/swabs...

Big D
06-06-2016, 09:54 AM
No! I don't want to make my controller dirty! ;-;Exactly! The controller is sacrosanct and must not be befouled with foodstuffs.

That said, I'll totally eat while gaming if it's a dish that uses utensils and makes few crumbs, or finger-food that doesn't have even the tiniest hint of sticky or oily residue.

Rez09
06-06-2016, 06:52 PM
I usually take a break to eat, though I'll sometimes play stuff on handhelds while I eat if I only need one hand, like with cereal.

Ayen
06-07-2016, 04:10 AM
Occasionally.

krissy
06-07-2016, 06:58 AM
No