PDA

View Full Version : "The Dragon"

Pumpkin
06-07-2016, 08:08 PM
The Dragon, for those unfamiliar with the term, is kind of like the Big Bad's right-hand man. It's the final dude or dudette before you get to the Big Bad. The top enforcer. That type of dealio

So who is your favourite example of "The Dragon" in gaming? Who do you think embodied the role well?

Spuuky
06-07-2016, 08:40 PM
Even though he's not really in that role story-wise, he is mechanically - Margulis in Xenosaga

Fynn
06-07-2016, 08:48 PM
Probably Miang. Although it's kinda hard to decide who actually works for whom in Xenogears, I think she fits the bill.

Ayen
06-07-2016, 09:03 PM
Kintaro. That mofo gave me a run for my money leading me up to the one and only Shao Kahn. He was a worthy adversary.

sharkythesharkdogg
06-07-2016, 09:10 PM
The best one I can think of right now is Bass from MegaMan.

A good foil to Megaman and Dr. Wily.

Forsaken Lover
06-08-2016, 03:21 AM
Probably Miang. Although it's kinda hard to decide who actually works for whom in Xenogears, I think she fits the bill.

I thought of Miang too but really, she's arguably the Big Bad.

Fynn
06-08-2016, 05:45 AM
Yeah, it's vague. I still don't think she's that as she's not really doing everything to further her own goals, rather she was created to fulfil them by Deus. So she's kinda the Dragon to Deus, but she's also the Fave because Deus isn't exactly a person

Wolf Kanno
06-08-2016, 06:03 AM
The closest thing to a Dragon in Xenogears, and even then, I would argue he's more of a deconstruction of the trope is Ramsus. Margulis from Saga is pretty much a Dragon as well.

Saren from Mass Effect was a great one, as was Queen Zeal. Golbez is pretty awesome as well even if you think he's only revealed to be the Dragon after Zemus pops up in the story.

Course my all time favorite, even though most of the time he turns out to be the Man Behind the Man trope, is Revolver Ocelot.

Karifean
06-08-2016, 08:36 PM
Dlanor A. Knox. She's ruthless if she's fighting you, but gets along with you pretty well when she's not. Plus her friendship with Erika makes the entire arc so much better.

Del Murder
06-08-2016, 09:06 PM
Does Gilgamesh count?