PDA

View Full Version : Who else should make a surprise return this season?

Lone Wolf Leonhart
06-10-2016, 03:49 PM

This season has been described as a year of rebirth for the show. Whether it be the resurrection of Jon or the return of Rickon, Benjen, and the Hound, there's a lot of speculation as to who else might show up.

As you'll know by checking out the main thread, the Syrio train is chugging full speed ahead. We're also wondering if Gendry is done rowing yet.

Anyone still up for the idea that Stannis is alive? An important character dying off screen always leaves room for speculation.

Jinx
06-10-2016, 03:52 PM
I'm pretty sure Stannis is dead. Brienne has said she killed him, and she had her grudge and aim to kill him after he killed Renly. Stannis is dead and his story is over.

As for Gendry, I don't really see much happening for him story-wise either. Any plot that concerned him (Arya, Brotherhood Without Banners, Mel trying to burn him and get his King's blood) have all either concluded or moved past a logical point for him to return. As Psy said in the main thread, doubt he went back to the Brotherhood, given they were willing to sell him. Don't think he's coming back.

Who I want, and who is most logical at this time, is Syrio. We're in Braavos, we didn't actually see him die, he's Arya's true friend and right now she needs a powerful ally.

Ayen
06-10-2016, 11:14 PM
I wouldn't go as far to say it should happen, but I'd freak out if it did.

Catelyn.

But I don't expect it to happen, so I can be surprised if it does.

escobert
06-11-2016, 04:48 PM

Catelyn.

GRR would have to be lying then as he said there's no Lady Stoneheart planned for the show.

Ayen
06-11-2016, 05:03 PM

Catelyn.

GRR would have to be lying then as he said there's no Lady Stoneheart planned for the show.

I wouldn't put it past him, and it wouldn't be the first time someone straight up lied in order to surprise their fanbases. RTD did it regarding the Daleks in Doctor Who Season 2, and Maisie Williams straight up lied about Jon Snow really being dead in every interview she took after Season 5.

Psychotic
06-11-2016, 05:49 PM
Yeah, people lie. If that particular spoiler did happen, it's going to happen this season given that the focus has been on the Riverlands in the past episode or two with both Jaime and The Hound (and soon Brienne presumably given Sansa's orders to her)

Slothy
06-11-2016, 08:52 PM
To be fair, Jon was really dead. He just got better.

But yeah, do we honestly expect GRRM to tell the truth about a pretty cool thing like that?

Ayen
06-11-2016, 08:58 PM
To be fair, Jon was really dead. He just got better.

Does that make him the luckiest person in the family?

escobert
06-14-2016, 02:46 PM
Yeah, people lie. If that particular spoiler did happen, it's going to happen this season given that the focus has been on the Riverlands in the past episode or two with both Jaime and The Hound (and soon Brienne presumably given Sansa's orders to her)

So yeah how about that Lady Steonheart huh? :p

Del Murder
06-15-2016, 08:58 PM
There actually have been a lot of returns this year and there's not much left to come back. Really only fan favorite Syrio and then Gendry are left unaccounted for. For a series that has started a whole lot of plot threads, they are doing their best to start tying them up this season.

So I've only read through A Storm of Swords and it is at the end that the 'spoiler' character is introduced (and don't know what happens with them after), but from what I've seen in the show thus far it certainly wouldn't make a whole lot of sense to go that particular route.

Psychotic
06-15-2016, 10:02 PM

So yeah how about that Lady Steonheart huh? :pI said "if" not "when" :p I said this season was pivotal to her, and so it has been for she's confirmed as not coming.

Also Syrio is definitely accounted for. Else you can say Stannis, the Blackfish, the Waif and so on are unaccounted for with the same logic. Although many people have, so.

Del Murder
06-15-2016, 10:30 PM
Yeah I think he's dead too, but some people hold out hope. With Stannis and Blackfish and Waif, at least a character actually said they witnessed them dying.

Jinx
06-15-2016, 10:37 PM
Also, Syrio is the only good character out of them. I mean, Blackfish is cool enough in the books, but very underwhelming on the show. Dunno why people are like, "WHY DIDN'T THEY SHOW SUCH A HUGE CHARACTER'S DEATHA?Q?WE?QWEQ@@!!!!!"

Because he's not a huge character in the show. We've seen him in like, 4 episodes. He's barely been on screen or done anything important. He doesn't matter.

Ayen
06-15-2016, 10:48 PM

So yeah how about that Lady Steonheart huh? :pI said "if" not "when" :p I said this season was pivotal to her, and so it has been for she's confirmed as not coming.

Looks like Sandor replaced her role in a way, which I'm cool with because chickens.

Kalevala
06-16-2016, 01:18 PM
I want Doran to wake up and realize the entire Sand Snakes sub-plot was a nightmare.

Loony BoB
06-17-2016, 12:14 PM
Ned Stark.

...;_;

Shireen.

...;_;

But seriously, Hound is back and that's the one I wanted. If I had to go with another that left for a long time to make a comeback in the plot, it has to be... Nymeria.