PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy Plot Elements that make you go...

Wolf Kanno
06-11-2016, 09:13 PM

It doesn't even have to be a major plot twist, just crap in the series that make you shake your head and wonder about your loyalties to the franchise.

Forsaken Lover
06-11-2016, 10:11 PM
"We all grew up together but forgot!"
"Only YOU can save Rinoa, Squall! Nevermind the battle going on, go save Rinoa!"
"Oh, I conveniently got on this flying machine and it just so happened to float over to where Rinoa was hanging and awaiting her doom for an hour because she has the strongest grip in the universe. How convenient."
"Monsters are gonna fall from the Moon soon."

Pumpkin
06-12-2016, 04:29 AM
A few but the main ones I can think of right now is everyone being from the same orphanage conveniently like FL mentioned and also

"I don't care about the Planet, I just want my money"
WHERE YOU GONNA SPEND YOUR MONEY IF THE PLANET IS DESTROYED CLOUD

Ayen
06-12-2016, 05:17 AM

Cloud would fit right in with all the big oil companies.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Fynn
06-12-2016, 09:55 AM
"Oh no! The toxin!"

*cue toxin magically transporting the party from the ice level to the desert level*

Also:

"We make our own fate!" they say as they do exactly what the big bad said he wanted them to do.

Big D
06-12-2016, 09:58 AM
"This guy Setzer is going to elope with my opera star in the middle of the performance! The show will be ruined, and I'll lose my best talent! I need one of you strange randos to instantly become an accomplished muscial professional, and then get spirited away in her place. This will somehow work, and it'll also somehow prevent the performance from being interrupted in any meaningful way."

Forsaken Lover
06-12-2016, 11:09 AM
No force in existence can stop the slowly floating hand of Golbez!

http://i.imgur.com/zwDW6.gif

Or maybe it's crawling. Either way, completely unstoppable. Nothing Cecil could have done there.

Karifean
06-12-2016, 11:20 AM
No force in existence can stop the slowly floating hand of Golbez!

http://i.imgur.com/zwDW6.gif

Or maybe it's crawling. Either way, completely unstoppable. Nothing Cecil could have done there.

This is probably the only one that made me sigh in disbelief.

Fynn
06-12-2016, 01:37 PM
Good thing they fixed it for the DS release!

Fox
06-12-2016, 05:08 PM
"We all grew up together but forgot!"
"Only YOU can save Rinoa, Squall! Nevermind the battle going on, go save Rinoa!"
"Oh, I conveniently got on this flying machine and it just so happened to float over ti wgere Rinoa was hanging and awaiting her doom for an hour because she has the strongest grip in the universe. How convenient."
"Monsters are gonna fall from the Moon soon."

I love FFVIII very dearly but it's important not to really think about it ever.

maybee
06-13-2016, 08:40 AM
People using meteor rocks as transport made me raise a few eyebrows when was playing through FF V the first time round.

Forsaken Lover
06-16-2016, 10:57 PM
STOP TRYING TO SAVE THE WORLD, YOU EVIL NITWITS. GIVE US THAT HUGE MATERIA. IT'LL DO MORE GOOD LETTING US SUMMON BAHAMUT ZERO THAN BEING FLOWN INTO METEOR ON A ROCKET.

Hey they were right, but they didn't really know that.

Let's see...what else....

I suppose all the trials and strife you go through in FF2 being pointless is a problem with the plot. I went through hell to get to the top of Ultima Tower and what good didd it do? smurfing no good at all.

Balthier: Let's wait out here for my pops to arrive. This way we avoid the monsters and traps and bosses lying in wait for us inside.
-everyone ignores him and goes inside anyway-

crashNUMBERS
06-17-2016, 07:47 AM
ok that one was a little unfair. wasnt like he knew when the planet would blow up. under the same light as that oil company joke above, he cared more about his allotted time on earth over everyone elses

Vermachtnis
06-17-2016, 08:59 AM
"I hid inside this six year old girl's butt as a splinter!" I mean this is the guy who hired Gilgamesh after all.

Forsaken Lover
06-17-2016, 01:09 PM
"I hid inside this six year old girl's butt as a splinter!" I mean this is the guy who hired Gilgamesh after all.

..Exdeath might be the biggest creeper in gaming history.