PDA

View Full Version : First look at the Wait Mode in the battle system

Aulayna
06-14-2016, 10:58 PM
https://youtu.be/RUJL79RwPUg?t=3275

This should be great for people looking for a more traditional experience, or just want some more time to plan strategy.

Formalhaut
06-14-2016, 11:11 PM
Wait mode looks really good! The wait gauge is an interesting attempt to balance how wait mode functions, and allows changing party members to be much easier.

Yeah, I'll probably have Wait Mode on constantly.

Fox
06-14-2016, 11:21 PM
Lots of super cool stuff in that video. I really like the concept of the 'magic crafting' system.

And honestly Wait Mode just looks well considered and useful. I'm surprised it's an option and not just part of the standard system, seems like it would sit well just on a button hold.

Formalhaut
06-14-2016, 11:33 PM
Lots of super cool stuff in that video. I really like the concept of the 'magic crafting' system.

And honestly Wait Mode just looks well considered and useful. I'm surprised it's an option and not just part of the standard system, seems like it would sit well just on a button hold.

Yeah I thought it would be a button hold as well. I'm actually slightly concerned I might enter wait mode by mistake if I just stop using the controller momentarily.

DMKA
06-15-2016, 01:20 AM
Awesome! It's like FFXII! I'm thrilled.

Ayen
06-15-2016, 02:42 AM
That's pretty well implemented, actually.

Okay, WAIT! -freezes everything- Okay. Now, to aim for the creature's buttocks.

Del Murder
06-15-2016, 07:45 AM
Yeah I'll be living in wait mode.

fat_moogle
06-15-2016, 12:17 PM
This looks very useful for when you're overwhelmed with enemies or for awkward enemies.