PDA

View Full Version : Save a Konami Franchise

Ayen
06-15-2016, 05:57 AM
Inspired by a conversation with Wolf Kanno.

Through one means or another you have the power to buy out one of Konami's current IPs and do whatever you want with it. Which series do you choose and why?

This is tough, but at the end of the day I'd probably be more beneficial to Metal Gear since I know it better out of all of their other IPs, with maybe the exception of Yu-Gi-Oh. I'd have to play through MGSV to get a better grip of where the series is at, but since I'm no Kojima and don't want to bother him with new games, I'd likely just remake the first three games and let the series rest in peace unless I get any good ideas for spinoffs. Wouldn't be opposed to a game based off of Meryl's FoxHound unit to be honest.

Discuss.

KentaRawr!
06-15-2016, 06:07 AM
I'd have to say Castlevania. I feel as though exploration in games has expanded to a point that the series could do well to learn from, and it's unfortunate that the series seems to be forever doomed to Pachislot. :lol:

Wolf Kanno
06-15-2016, 06:35 AM
I'm going to say Silent Hill because the concept is still pretty strong and easy to do stuff with if given to the right people.

MGS pretty much ended on a high note for me, so I'm pretty content to let sleeping (diamond) dogs lie. Castlevania would be my second choice, but I also feel like the the Indy Game community has me covered on that front.

I would also love to get Suikoden, but I would want the creator to work on it (at least as an advisor) but I'm not sure if the series could be properly resurrected in a way that would make me happy.

Aulayna
06-15-2016, 07:01 PM
Bomberman.

Fynn
06-15-2016, 07:07 PM
Yeah, Silent Hill gets my vote as well. Not only is it the only Konami franchise that I've really played, it's also one of my favorite gaming series period, and one that really has nothing similar to it out there.

Ayen
06-15-2016, 11:51 PM
I'd have to say Castlevania. I feel as though exploration in games has expanded to a point that the series could do well to learn from, and it's unfortunate that the series seems to be forever doomed to Pachislot. :lol:

I'm going to say Silent Hill because the concept is still pretty strong and easy to do stuff with if given to the right people.

Bomberman.

Yeah, Silent Hill gets my vote as well. Not only is it the only Konami franchise that I've really played, it's also one of my favorite gaming series period, and one that really has nothing similar to it out there.

So, after we save these franchises do you all want to come together and make a fighting game?

Pumpkin
06-17-2016, 05:19 AM
SUIKODEN